• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with potential fake card?

Years
  • Age 52
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
Hello everyone, my son received an Empoleon Level x with a yellow border and we are wondering if it is fake. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
If you could post a picture of the front, back, and sides I would be happy to help!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
Ex's and X's don't usually have yellow boarders.

Darkrai Ex and Mewtwo Ex from the Battle Arena series do not have a yellow border.

But DO NOT throw the card away.
Is your son a collector, casual player, or competitive player?
I would keep the card.

Years
Hello everyone, my son received an Empoleon Level x with a yellow border and we are wondering if it is fake. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Uploading a picture as an attachment to your next post in this thread would help make certain, but based on your description, I'm fairly certain this is a fake.

I've also moved your thread into the main Pokemon Trading Card Game forum, as the Deck Reviewing subforum is specifically for posting and getting help with decks players build to play the game and this is a question about a specific card.

Back