• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Another old white guy! I don't know anything about him so I can't really comment on him as a new Doctor, but I wish Moffet would leave the show now. I used to like and defend him, but I can't anymore. Go away, Moff and let Mark Gatiss or someone else take over.

I really wouldn't want to see Gatiss as the showrunner, he has more hit/miss episodes then alot of the other writers that come to memory. I am very excited to see an older doctor again though, and Peter Capadi looks like he will deliver quite nicely. I for one, would not mind Clara's run as a companion end though.

...I really need to get on the Breaking Bad train, I keep hearing nothing but praise about that show.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I've seen the first two seasons of Breaking Bad but I dropped it around Season 3 because it slowed down and I got bored with it, aha.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Miley Cyrus just unveiled the cover for her new album:

tumblr_ms2cq3niR71rgnwi2o1_500.jpg

Let us discuss this iconic piece of art.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Eh, I've always heard great things about Breaking Bad, and I haven't watched any of it yet, but it just doesn't really peak my interest enough. I'm really looking forward to Revenge coming back at the end of September and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. And I'm more excited about the Once Spin-off, Once Upon A Time In Wonderland than I am for Once Upon A Time.

Miley Cyrus just unveiled the cover for her new album:

tumblr_ms2cq3niR71rgnwi2o1_500.jpg

Let us discuss this iconic piece of art.
The cover reminds me of something from Saved by the Bell. I get the kind of look she was going for with this album cover, but it just looks rather cheap and slapped together. Hopefully that's not a reflection of what the songs on the album will be like.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Somehow I feel as if Miley's taking that cover a lot less seriously than you two. I'm pretty sure she meant it to look ridiculous, as everything about this era (from the album title to the video for the first single) has screamed "let's get people talking". And it seems to be working, too.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
There's hardly anything worthwhile to slam/praise about the cover.
The font, the text positioning, the awful leg-crop, the facial expression, the skeletal-looking hand, the tacky neon title, the terrible unfitting background, the way the 'L' is just a tad too low so it interferes with the tacky photo frame thing - need I go on? XD Sorry haha, I just think this album cover is pure trash. It's reminiscent of covers like The Truth About Love, but they managed to pull it off 10000% better than Miley. Nothing against the girl, but whoever designed this album art should be out of a job. :p

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Anyone who has a scrap of a knowledge with using Photoshop would be able to come up with something comparatively better than the album art on Bangerz. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Miley herself who designed it. It's tongue-in-cheek and provocative, but it isn't good.

Now HERE'S a great album art that doesn't really have the same neon aesthetic, but has a D.I.Y. feel similar to Miley's album cover:-

Spoiler:

And here are a couple great album covers with the 80's neon, hot-pink aesthetic that's generally becoming more popular as of late:-

Spoiler:

Katy Perry's Roar album cover ain't half-bad either tbh.

Btw, new Breaking Bad episode is OUT!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Eh, I feel like I'm the only person that doesn't care at all about the VMAs. I didn't even realise that other people did until most of my Twitter feed were going gaga over it (but not over Gaga, ironically! Thank you, I'm here all week.)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I literally only watched the VMAs for Lady Gaga's performance at the beginning (which was flawless if I may say so!) and Katy Perry's performance at the end (which was also flawless!). Everything in-between, bar Justin Timberlake's three hour performance and Macklemore's Same Love, wasn't worth watching.

Years
I'm with you, Cat Dog, but then I don't care about a lot of things where popular music is concerned.

I do like to see people lose their shi-- er, shirts over the things people do at the awards. Oh, Miley, what have you done! etc. etc.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
Ahh the VMA's! so many good performances! However,what do i keep hearing about? Miley's performance,which overshadows everything else that happened :l

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
OMG BREAKING BAD. I just watched 5 seasons of it within like, 2-3 weeks? I'm engrossed with this series. I like the main two characters, though I really can't stand the wife.

I only knew about the VMA's and Miley's raunchy performance through Imgur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back