• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Oh, in someone's thread, they said they were able to include night and day, but I'm almost certain you can't mimic this because:

1. He/She was using emerald, a game with time
2. Your using Fire Red, a game with... no time >_>

Oh well, it's not needed so it doesn't really matter.

Yes, I know you refer to Tutti's hack, don't worry I know them (and Mastermind_X did a good job on the night/day system for Emerald)

By the way, although I won't be implementing that thing now (mainly because I have other priorities, and mainly 'cause I want Tutti to enjoy the system for some time), it could be possible (according to Mastermind_X) to do a similar system in FR, although, OBVIOUSLY, won't use real time, but would use the gameplay's time in order to do the night/day. It would be something, at least :P (But as I said before, I'm not gonna be doing something about it, 'cause I think finishing the game comes first, then we can discuss extra features all you want)

Hey Zel, I'd like to report something. There are people in the game that give Items, but when your Bag is full they just don't give you anything, this includes: The three Dragon Masters, the PP Max guy, Bills Grandfather and their may be others, but not that I know of. S oif your Bag is full they say and do as they give you the stuff, but if you make a free spot in your bag afterwarths they act like they've allready given it. :(

I blame myself for never using the jump BAGISFULL... I guess it's a fault in my scripting "learnage", but, since I'm already doing everything that way, I guess there's no way to change how I'm doing things now. So, make sure to always have a free spot in your BAG. There are a lot of giveitems commands and it's gonna be hard for me having to fix each one of them -_-

Great idea Zel ,I wonder how it'll look inside:knockedou. Great hack Zel, keep going!!!

Yeah, I also wonder how it'll look O.o ('cause I just mapped the exterior, I'll leave the interiors for after I finished with Fuchsia, and don't forget... I also have to think on cool puzzles using the HMs :P)

That's all, I'm gonna start today's hacking so I'll come back later with more news!

I'll repeat, so people don't forget it: "Keep a good eye on the First Post, it has a lot of information! (And it can solve many questions you could have, being gameplay or not) Read it, read it, read it" ;)

pokeguy12

The New Esuine
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
is it possible to get the silver wing? or are you going to implement that in the next BETA?

Gerri Shin

  
Years
As far as I know (correct em if I'm wrong zel) bt I don't think the silver wing can be obtained in the current beta. As for if it is in the next beta, I don't know because I don't know where it will go to.

BlazikenMaster2000

Blaziken Master
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2008
Zel, did you know that if you try to use the bike in Route 39, it won't let you do it, but if you go to Olivine City it works fine.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
As far as I know (correct em if I'm wrong zel) bt I don't think the silver wing can be obtained in the current beta. As for if it is in the next beta, I don't know because I don't know where it will go to.

you cannot get it now, and I don't think you will get it in B5 either.
I believe B5 is going to Fuschia City, and the wing is in pewter. therfore, I don't think you can get it.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
:lg:The Champion Lance, doesn't have the Trainer Class Champion because if I used the existing "Champion" trainer class, he'd automatically gets called as our rival. So, I had to give him another trainer class, and the only one that I could use (that mantain a cool BGM) is the Elite Four trainer class, so that's why I decided to change all the Elite 4 + Champion into "Elitetrainers"

I think I know how to solve that. And I'm surprised that you dind't use that method. Just find some spare Trainer Class (FR/LG has many of them) and change its name to "CHAMPION". Then, use this class for Lance. Simple, isn't it?

EDIT: Nevermind. I forgot about the BGM.

martauros

Now I'm back!. HG&SS&SGforever
Years
Zel, In Olivine left to port when you are walking behind this grey rock, a wild water pkmn can jumps to you O.o. And in front of ... restaurant( the building looking like bike shop in FR) there isn't any footprints.

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
I just remebered, are you still going to implant the Berry Shop in Kanto? You said so in the old thread, maybe Celadon will be a good place because it's a flower town.

pokeguy12

The New Esuine
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
aw the sad part is i'll lose my great team when the next beta launches :(

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
i looked in the FAQ and it said both answers are negative

Your obviously lieing or just not understanding it because ask Zel himself. He said in the last thread you can. And why do I use my save file from Beta 3.5 on beta 4 and it works fine.

Q: Do I need to restart my game to play the newest Beta?
A: You need to patch it once again into a clean ROM. But you could still use your previous save file. If you want to try it, just save in a PC, to be safe. However, I recommend you to play it from the beginning once again, to appreciate the fixes, playing it more safely, and to avoid bugs that should not happen, because I'm not responsible if something fails!

Copy and Pasted right from The First Shiny Gold thread

pokeguy12

The New Esuine
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
zel said:
Q: Can I patch over an older patched Beta? Can I continue from an older Beta save? (C)
A: To my knowledge, both answers are negative. Patching over patching and using an older Beta save bring a lot of more errors than when playing the game normally from the beginning. So, don't get too attached to your Pokemon while playing the Beta versions.

well there's what he said in the FAQ.

pokeguy12

The New Esuine
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
fine >.> ill listen to you for now , but don't blame me for ever getting big errors in your game.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
fine >.> ill listen to you for now , but don't blame me for ever getting big errors in your game.

Actually I havent done it for real only for proof I just know it works.

And it will only cause errors if you save after you do it which I dont

Anyways the video is almost done

Actually I do remember that when beta 4 came out i used my beta 3.5 save file. And the only error was the celebi event wouldnt start. Which isnt a big error infact i think its because I did the kanto glitch

Video is almost done uploading

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2009
After I beat the Elite 4, and the ending credits show up, the game starts over, and I have nowhere to save. Do you think this is a bad rom?

Back