• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Grass-Type?

Cilicica

Ghost Type Lover ~~
Years
Tough question for me...

I'll probably have to go with Leafeon though, I'm not sure why exactly but I just love battling with it and they're not bad at all competitively.

Elincia

Arisa Gracia: Protagonist
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2016
I love grass types!

My favorite grass type has to be Vileplume. I'm a fan of the flower Pokemon, and Vileplume's the original. :D

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Since grass types are my least favorite, easy pick: Lawnmover Rotom.
It has a unique typing and its psycho smile is just great :D

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I really couldn't give you a reason why, but I'm gonna say Bellossom. I love it so much.

I trained one in X and Y too, it's surprisingly boss.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
*disowns all of you except Sheep* ;_;

Yeah, no prizes for guessing my favourite grass type. I never even liked grass types in the slightest before Cherrim and at first only latched onto Cherrim as a joke but... joke's on me, I guess. I thought the obsession I had with Pichu (my previous favourite) was strong, but wow it never held a candle to how much I've grown to love Cherrim in the last 7 years.

Honourable mention goes to Whimsicott. I really love it because it's absolutely adorable and it's fun to use on a team. (And not as useless as Cherrim is, generally, hahaha... ._.)

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
Years
I'm not a big fan of Grass types and rarely ever use them, but I do use Breloom on my team a lot, so I'll go with him. Grass/Fighting type, can't get much better than that. Plus, his design is cool.

Years
Didn't think they could create a fluffier, cuter, and arguably more useful support Grass type than Jumpluff, but Whimsicott proved me wrong. If not for Mienshao, she would be my favorite Unova Pokemon, and actually has a fun niche to use in battle. No love for Shiftry I guess, which may be due to how horribly ugly its original sprite was. I've always seen Shiftry as a mysterious nature elf that lurks in the forest and messes with clueless travelers.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Meganium!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER.

Also I like Leavanny and Lilligant. Both of them are really adorable, but Meganium always holds a special place in my heart as my all-time favorite starter.

Years
My top 3 would be Sceptile, Leafeon and Parasect :)

Sceptile because it completely changed the way I viewed the grass-type (before then I'd only really bothered with fire starters) and has gone on to become my all time favourite starter as a result :)

Leafeon I never used in the Generation it came out but I used one in X and couldn't have been happier: its design is great, it learns the almighty Leaf Blade and in addition it's cute as a button haha :)

Parasect was a Pokémon I'd always wanted to try out, and when I finally got the chance to in SoulSilver I think it was it was a great Pokémon; learning Spore was great - a Sleep move with 100% accuracy? Count me in haha :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Grass is my favorite type. I have no idea why - it's just sort of worked out that way. But that makes it really hard to choose one favorite.

I guess... well... if I actually lived in that world and I had to choose one and only one Grass type to keep, it'd be Torterra, so that must be my favorite. But that'd require leaving behind Leavanny and Breloom and Tropius and Lilligant and Sceptile and Shiftry and Sawsbuck and Victreebel and Bellossom and Cacturne and Abomasnow and... and... and...

Back