• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Not at all, it's a Blue exclusive.
In Blue, you can catch it around Saffron, so the earliest possible place to catch Meowth would be around the Daycare south of Cerulean.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's just a myth. The chance of a shiny is still going to be the same. Besides, shiny Gyarados at Lake of Rage is better. ;) It's already evolved for you and everything!

Years
I understand that the Japanese Blue Version has different wild Pokemon locations, but does anyone know where I can find a list of which Pokemon are found where? How different is the Japanese Blue Pokemon list from the Red/Green ones? All I've been able to find is a list of what Pokemon aren't available in Blue (which is nice, but not what I'm looking for), and that Jynx can be caught on Seafoam Islands. I also heard that EVERY Pokemon that was in-game trade exclusive in Red/Green could be caught in the wild in Blue (i.e., Mr. Mime, Farfetch'd), but I haven't been able to substantiate that rumor.

Is anyone able to help me with this?

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Does anyone know how I can tell if my Japanese Green Version is V1.0 or V1.1?

I read a few years ago that you can tell by the numbers on the cartridge, so here are all of those:

DMG-APBJ-JPN
G743412
20A

Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
In Pokémon Yellow, is it normal for people to disappear when text comes up? i.e. when I spoke to "Mom", and read the sign saying "Yellow's House", is it normal for all the characters, player or NPC, to disappear?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to the first two questions. :(

In Pokémon Yellow, is it normal for people to disappear when text comes up? i.e. when I spoke to "Mom", and read the sign saying "Yellow's House", is it normal for all the characters, player or NPC, to disappear?

From what I noticed, it's pretty normal. Happens to me a lot in Red and Blue as well. So don't worry about it, unless you mean that they disappear and never come back.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Yes, they come back all the time. It's just anything that isn't stationary (i.e. Eevee's Pokéball) disappears when speech is there......so it seems kinda scary.

Another question then....

Is the wild Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest normal? I know you can get them in GSC/HGSS...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The sprite thing is normal, oddly enough. :( And the Pidgeotto is rare, but it's possible.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Is the wild Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest normal? I know you can get them in GSC/HGSS...
It's a reference to the anime because that's where Ash caught his Pidgeotto.

Btw, I left my shiny Gyarados and Ditto at the daycare in Crystal and when I talked to them, the message said 'It's brimming with energy.' Does that mean there's a really high chance of them producing an egg or does it mean something else?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It's a reference to the anime because that's where Ash caught his Pidgeotto.

Btw, I left my shiny Gyarados and Ditto at the daycare in Crystal and when I talked to them, the message said 'It's brimming with energy.' Does that mean there's a really high chance of them producing an egg or does it mean something else?
I believe it means that they won't breed - that message usually is for related Pokemon (e.g. parent and offspring) though so unless you bred another shiny gyarados with that ditto... but some searching seems to suggest that brimming with energy means they will not breed, certainly.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
I believe it means that they won't breed - that message usually is for related Pokemon (e.g. parent and offspring) though so unless you bred another shiny gyarados with that ditto... but some searching seems to suggest that brimming with energy means they will not breed, certainly.
I think it they won't breed because of level difference, right? o.0
I know Pokemon surely won't breed if level gap is way too high.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's got nothing to do with level difference either actually. Pokemon don't care about that! But I have never had that result come up. You might consider checking the FAQ/Breeding help sticky (or whatever it's named). There's a big post about breeding in GSC in that thread. However, I don't think it ever got completed so I'm not sure if it'll mention that.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
^ Osnap my bad then. o.o
But my friend asked me this just a second ago and I don't know the answer (Dx):
She knows that Ice beam, Thunderbolt, and Flamethrower are all TMs in R/B/Y, but are they TMs in the Metal versions? She said her TM 13 was Snore instead of Ice Beam like usual.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
It's got nothing to do with level difference either actually. Pokemon don't care about that! But I have never had that result come up. You might consider checking the FAQ/Breeding help sticky (or whatever it's named). There's a big post about breeding in GSC in that thread. However, I don't think it ever got completed so I'm not sure if it'll mention that.
I checked the FAQ and it turns out they can't breed. Did I mention that the Ditto is shiny as well? I guess it's impossible to breed two shinies together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back