• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Team Fortress 2

User19sq

I personally may not get SFM, because I've wored with things like those and suck at them greatly...but I wouldn't mind writing and voice-acting in them. But before I decide to get involved in that, I'll just enjoy this video. That Sniper in the background gets me every time. XD

Yes! I will buy that. I have the bird to go with it.

I'll give you the Apparatchik's Apparel and Captain's Cocktails for it. I have other hats offerable as well.
You offered Cocktails with it originally? ;_;

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
You offered Cocktails with it originally? ;_;

What hat did I trade you? you can have a cocktails if you want it

Also, I take back everything I said about the Scorch Shot.

Last edited:

User19sq

What hat did I trade you? you can have a cocktails if you want it
It's alright. I got a little sad cuz I was looking for the Cocktails at the time, and if I'd seen the offer earlier, I coulda saved some metal. XD; It's cool, though. Got the Cocktails.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
Taro I love your signature! It's so awesome :D
Also I'm not sure if you've discussed this in this thread but have any of you heard of the Man versus Machine update stuff?
There was an easter egg in the doomsday map that's allegedly related to the update here it is:
Spoiler:

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Taro I love your signature! It's so awesome :D
Also I'm not sure if you've discussed this in this thread but have any of you heard of the Man versus Machine update stuff?
There was an easter egg in the doomsday map that's allegedly related to the update here it is:
Spoiler:

Everybody knows about the secret in Doomsday. The update is probably just gonna be a bunch of hats or somethin'...

In other news, Valve recently announced new weapons as a promotion for a game called "Sleeping Dogs".

And all the new weapons are crap.

The Huo Long Heatmaker
Level 1-100 Minigun
- Sustains a ring of flames while deployed
- 6 ammo consumed per second while deployed

Concept sounds cool on paper, but its useless because:

The fire is a short range blast that will never hit anything unless you are really close to it. And you usually want to stay AWAY from the enemy, otherwise you would get pummelled to a bloody pulp before you can even set the person who is targeting you on fire. And the extra ammo consumption makes it even more useless than ever before.

The Red-Tape Recorder
Level 1-100 Sapper
+Reverses enemy building construction
-100% Sapper Damage Penalty

Yeah, why destroy the building altogether when you could keep it standing but down-graded at double the time it would take to destroy it?!

Now I did hear that Engineers can't upgrade it again after its been down-graded, but the Engineer can easily destroy it and build a new one.

The Flying Guillotine
Throw at your enemies to make them bleed!
Long distance hits cause mini-crits
100% critical hit vs stunned players
-No random critical hits

1. Scout already has a weapon like that: The Boston Basher
2. No...comment.
3. This one pisses me off the most, because there are only 3 things in the entire game (That aren't player implemented) that Stun. The Sandman, the Ghost in Harvest Event, and Horseless Headless Horseman. The Scout can't Stun other players without the Sandman...so its useless. And even if there are other Scouts with it on the Team I think you would rather kill them with your gun rather than an inaccurate Melee Weapon. And if they were stunned by the HHH, that would kill them or somebody else would kill them with their gun.

Last edited:

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
The Huo Long Heatmaker
Level 1-100 Minigun
- Sustains a ring of flames while deployed
- 6 ammo consumed per second while deployed
It's a good spy checker for engineers though, especially when they have a dispenser and a sentry nearby, provided they park it nowhere near any ledges where spies can get to, the spy will want to stay away from them, but if we're talking about moving around, you'd still have to be pretty quick to whip round and kill a spy who's on fire, also it doesn't affect spies jumping down, but you already knew that. It's not a bad weapon, I think it's evenly balanced especially with the ammo decreasing when it's deployed.

User19sq

Throw at your enemies to make them bleed!
Long distance hits cause mini-crits
100% critical hit vs stunned players
-No random critical hits

1. Scout already has a weapon like that: The Boston Basher
2. No...comment.
3. This one pisses me off the most, because there are only 3 things in the entire game (That aren't player implemented) that Stun. The Sandman, the Ghost in Harvest Event, and Horseless Headless Horseman. The Scout can't Stun other players without the Sandman...so its useless. And even if there are other Scouts with it on the Team I think you would rather kill them with your gun rather than an inaccurate Melee Weapon. And if they were stunned by the HHH, that would kill them or somebody else would kill them with their gun.
The Guillotine is a secondary item. A player can still equip a Sandman in their loadout to effectively implement the use of this weapon.

User19sq

For the new Heavy Minigun? I'd help you if I could, but I have almost no weapons useable in their crafting recepies. XD I gotta admit, I'm loving the Heavy's, Scout's, and Spy's new weapons. They look awesome. XDDDDD

Also, I'm looking for the following Stranges for 0.33 ref each: Syringe Gun, Bonesaw, Quick Fix, Big Earner. I'm trying to encourage myself to use both Medic and Spy more, and Stranges always make me go for them. =w=

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
That new Heavy mini gun is dumb and overpowered on Payload. Heavies just hug the cart and you can't get near it. The new sapper was good, then they nerfed it one day later. The new Pyro weapon is right up there with the Razorback and the Cow Mangler in the 'Worst Weapon in the Game' competition. The new Scout thing is hella fun to use if you can aim your Sandman.

User19sq

It sounds to me like the only good weapon implemented from this update was the Flying Guillotine. That explains why Pen asked me for some Mad Milk. :3 I'm still sorry that I didn't have any. ._.

Anyway, I decided to upload a replay that I saved a few days ago, a 15-second one-on-one with a friend of mine on Viaduct. Check it out here, if you'd like.

Last edited:
Years
well, I think that the new sapper was a bit overpowered. you'd always win against an engineer in a sapper duel. it is interesting though, even after nerfing. that Guillotine for the Scout is a great idea, specially with the sandman. though it does feel a tad unfair taking a chunkload of damage at long range from a scout plus bleedout. feels like he's interfering with sniper territory. that aside, whoever thought the Pyro sign was a good idea didn't balance it correctly. it isn't even supposed to have the attack penalty and should get an attack up, since it can't even touch Puff and Stinging.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Guys...something big is going on in the world of Tf2...

So, we already know of the secret robot pictures in Foundry and Doomsday, right?

And some of us know of the "Tobor" texture. It has been in the game for quite a while now...

And now, Valve recently added THIS image to the game...ROBOT HEADS OF THE CLASSES!
mvmheads.png

To add to this, while looking at the old promo for the Engineer update a while back, people noticed, around 0:08 of the video, you can see a Robot Demoman head. Meaning that they have been planning for this YEARS ahead of time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5tM-eW1vDU

And finally, if you click on the blood splatter at the top left corner of the website...

The third son of Mann...Gray.

background.jpg

Cloud GRAY be the man thats shredded up?

And finally finally, if you pay attention to some of the maps...you can see a logo for a company...

Gray_Gravel.png

MIND! BLOOOOWNNNN!

And just as icing on the cake, here are pictures of these Tank-Like things that mysteriously appeared in 2fort, Doublecross, and Granary.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/596978507455383569/C814829B49123A89F437F0EC1132ED4FCDBE88D3/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/939252079138856632/F153B015D4B43354209F2B4EA8A786BE7F383990/

http://i.imgur.com/kTzJc.jpg

Some people also compiled the tanks to their actual size, and some reports from people who claim they clipped through the map to see it, say its huge! As you see in the picture, its almost as big as a map. Its so big, you could probably fight in it.

So wait, the two known brothers of mann started companies named after the colours "Red" and "Blue". There was a third brother who also started a company named after his name, "Gray". He must have created the tanks, and possibly the robots. So all that must mean...

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! And I just wasted my time...

User19sq

To add to this, while looking at the old promo for the Engineer update a while back, people noticed, around 0:08 of the video, you can see a Robot Demoman head. Meaning that they have been planning for this YEARS ahead of time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5tM-eW1vDU
Actually, that's a Heavy's head, pretty easy to tell. But 2 Demo heads can be seen seconds later in the background.

If I had to speculate myself, I'd say that this supposed Mann vs. Machine update will be the new Halloween event this year. Releasing it soon before Halloween would make this year look like it was an amazing year for Valve. But that's just my guess.

User19sq

So Gray Mann decided to build all of this to destroy Mann Co. and everyone in it?

Gentlemen....we're ****ed.

EDIT: I checked the Valve store right after the trailer was released. They put up a new accessory, but quickly took it down. And I've gotta admit, I want it badly. I couldn't retrieve the actual image or the link, but a quick search gave me the exact same thing they're selling, and it's only 25 bucks:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Ohh, you beat me to the punch.

Well, heres one last thing I found.

http://medicluigi.tumblr.com/post/29284169922/so-guys-anyone-notices-that-spy-heavy-and-scout

Notice how the Spy, Heavy and Scout are all looking at the Engineer? Those are the 3 classes that were in the Secret Rooms in Foundry and Doomsday. They are all staring at the only man who could have created the Robots. And the Robot Heads in the Engie Tease video help too.

And the tanks that mysteriously appeared are Blue, so they can't be owned by Gray. The Blu Engie, perhaps?

So...could the Blue Engineer be the one who made the Robots?

Years
It's a possibility considering in the comics:
Spoiler:

Back