• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emotional pain > Physical pain

Yukari

I have felt a lot of physical pain. But I have an insanely high tolerance to pain. Usually I don't even notice a cut or a bruise. That time I broke my toe wasn't that bad either. I can twist my ankle and not feel any pain. Ect.

Emotional pain is worse. I haven't felt much of it, but it's a lot worse and leaves scares that can last a lifetime.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I can function with physical pain, it's a matter of concentrating your thoughts on what you are supposed to be doing. Emotional pain, on the other hand, overruns my brain and makes me unable to do anything for hours.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Well, both sure do suck, but I've experienced more emotional pain so I am going to go with that. It can last a long time & can really take its toll on you.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 9, 2015
I would have to say emotional, since emotional pains can leave scars that can take years or even your whole life to go away and since I've felt more emotional pain than physical.

Years
They're totally different types of pain so I can't really compare them but emotional pain is so, so difficult to deal with, especially for someone like me where it's multiplied 5x given how sensitive I can be. When my ex broke up with me years ago I couldn't eat for days nor focus on anything in life. It was the worst thing I've ever felt and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Took a few years for it to heal. But even now six years later I'm sure I'd get that bout of uncomfortableness if I see anything relating to him again.

Back