• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Mitchman

Banned
Years
DJG no lugia cause well no pewter. Another reason beta 6 is something I am waiting for. And zel I know your planning another hack but could you let some one do some altering and make a shimmery silver version. Not with to many changes just you know make lugia the legendary.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
I think from the bug contest if my memories of playing silver are correct. And go to the help thread. Doing this here is spam. To me.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I dont know if I've commented on the md sprites yet but I think some are great like the dogs and Ho-Oh. Though, for some strange reason I think Lugia looks strange (I think he looks too big) but it's probably just me.
Anyway, keep up the nice work and good luck :D

Dont know why it looks to you that way, as far as I remember Lugia is quite big in size compared to humans, isnt it?

Source: http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/lugia&dexmode=all

Anyway, i found another bug: when we talk amelia at mahogany town and she gives us items, she doesn't "go", as she says,she just stays put until we have blown up the rocket hideout, and if we talk to her again she will give us the items again, and again, and again... kind of a nice bug :D

Anyway i was thinking of something else - as in both shiny gold and the original generation II games the rocket executives state that geovanni is away training (although he has simply retired, but i dont buy it :) ), what about giving us the chance of facing him?

About the bug, I have heard about it quite a few other times, but, for some reason, I was never able to reproduce it. I'll bother myself and the testers about it when the testing phase begins.

About Giovanni, I guess I'd say no for now, because we have enough interesting people to battle. But, I may change my mind, I dont really think I'm gonna do it.

Zel: I think the legendary dogs bit is kinda scary y'know. cuz big legendaries don't bounce around like they're bunnies. Nintendo did the dogs like that cuz of the sprites. I think if there was a nintendo gsc re-make they would flash the screen. YOU should make them disappear 1 by 1.

I dont really know if making disappear (kinda like when you meet them in the wild and they run away) would be nice.

Well, if I have some time today I'll keep up with that script, as I said before, it's quite long with a few repeatitive parts (which means it's not hard, but still tiring)

[EDIT]: Oh, I was noticed that there were some missing pics in the first post, once I go back to Windows, I'll reupload them foolish imageshack -_-

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
DJG no lugia cause well no pewter. Another reason beta 6 is something I am waiting for. And zel I know your planning another hack but could you let some one do some altering and make a shimmery silver version. Not with to many changes just you know make lugia the legendary.

Huh? Another Hack? why Am I not informed I always tought Zel said he wouldn't make another hack before he finishes this one!
So is it true Zel? And do you already know what kind of hack it's going to be? (Halfremake like SG, or maybe Diamond and Pearl Hacking? Or a Completely new story connected to Shiny Gold?)

-Pizzakoe-

(I'm sorry for the Off-toppicness...)

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Wow Lugia is pretty big. Lugia sprite is practically perfectly suited.
I'm still not sure about Ho-oh... Too freakishly big...

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2008
well, whenever i go to pallet town, its just new bark with with weird squares around. is that fixed in the bugfix? because i downloaded it and im having problems with the bugfix. whenever i download those files, they appear as an ips file. is there any way i can use these files to effect the game?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2008
Hey Zel,
I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures from the mini-games you plan to make. It certainly will be fun to play (at least for me, as Nintendo kindly made mini-games of FR only via wireless adapter......) Have you thought about Secret Bases? I know this ain't RSE but it would be cool to have those secret bases.

Last edited:

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Hey Zel,
I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures from the mini-games you plan to make. It certainly will be fun to play (at least for me, as Nintendo kindly made mini-games of FR only via wireless adapter......) Have you thought about Secret Bases? I don't this ain't RSE but it would be cool to have those secret bases.

Hmmm... more likely gona be like using dig in certain places to find something valuable.

Secret bases: I think zel could just do a room in the new region like in a cave which we could use as a healing place e.t.c

geno421

Script and Spriter
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 16, 2022
Figured I'd make a banner to add to your collection of support signatures because I love SG so much. :)
(oh and you might want to update the url's on quite a few of those banners)

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2754392][IMG]http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2618/shinygoldsigly3.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Last edited:

-Neji-

Something Different
Years
Just wondering how to get a scizor in shiny gold, cos my scyther is level 38 now

Wow i'm impressed with that geno

When do you think you will be finished with your game? .. i just had a look at it.. seems really impressive!

Last edited by a moderator:

Goalie-35
Years
When do you think you will be finished with your game? .. i just had a look at it.. seems really impressive!
you don't need to post 3 posts in a row...Anyways you could go to the Shiny Gold help thread or go to the pokedex in the first post...

Back