• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon X and Y anime speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Heh, looks like you may have gotten your wish EternallyAnna. It seems Ash and Serena seem to be childhood friends. Like you, now I'm wondering how it'll affect their relationship. He seemed to have left a good impression on her.

Apparently Clemont's sister is also on the look-out for a future wife for him. Lulz...Ash x Serena x Clemont love triangle?

Last edited:

Yambo

Power Seeker
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2019
I think ilias is right Clemont wont get married. I think they are doing this to the anime like they did with brock before. I for one always laughed when Brock lost focus whenever a pretty girl was in the precense.

As for the relationship between Serena and Ash i feel i dont want it to be romantic one more then a really good relationship between friends.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I hope Ash manage to free Garchamp from the Mind-controlling Collar before jumping off the tower to save Pikachu .
I just don't like the idea of somebody else stoping the Garchamp while Ash is busy jumping off the building to save his Pikachu .

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
xyposterth.jpg
Wobbuffet returns in this season. He's under Malamar and Noiverm.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
xyposterth.jpg
Wobbuffet returns in this season. He's under Malamar and Noiverm.

Everybody knows this already !!!

Fanfact : If Iris was here then it seem totally possible for her to Stop & Tame that Garchamp and then catching it .
But it seem totally impossible for Ash .
This prove how much glorification a female lead got compare to Ash .

Hopefully , Ash catch's a Litleo that later evolve in a Pyroar and Ash use it to win a Race .
After all , Wasn't the highest rated episode of Pokemon series involve ash winning a Race ???

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
I don't know why, but Ash and Serena being childhood friends added hype for me to watch this season. The characters seem interesting. I am starting to think of a Gen III-ish adventure though. Fighting off a Garchomp makes him seem badass too, and jumping off from that tower too ;w;

Young Ash too :>

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I LOVE IT! Ash and Serena know one another and is very very new. Ash also looks more of a badass this this. I love it as well.

Looks like Ash is indeed older. It is possible that Serena will beat May on my favorite female companion. This is really interesting indeed. Everything looks awesome.

In Givonni got new art. Looks like Team Rocket will be playing a huge part once again.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
There going to be some new Kids Anime during this fall .
Like ''Gundam Build Fighters'' , ''Saikyou Ginga Ultimate Zero: Battle Spirits'' , ''Gaist Crusher'' , ''Yokai watch'' etc !
So I guess Pokemon XY series decide to go serious because if the Anime is handle like BW then Pokemon Anime might lose their place to One of those new Kids Anime .

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't think they would lose their place, but pokemon has indeed always been out of place for an anime. Most animes are always targeting older kids. I would say it is going to be as serious as it can without crossing the rating line into Pg14. I am actually really excited about XY series. I haven't been this excited about the Anime since Battle Frontier arc.

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
I'm actually starting to like clemont, and i'm loving Serena. And as long as Bonnie isn't just a annoying little kid, she's fine with me.
This might be a pretty solid group to accompany ash on his journey.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
In BW, the characters didn't really bounce off of each other, idk, maybe it's just me, but there wasn't any sync there. They were all just too different.

This season seems to fix that though. I don't know if Serena has a crush on Ash or if she admires him, or both, but I'm really liking her character. I can already tell she's gonna have a May-ish personality.

Serebii says shes a trainer, will she be Ashes rival? That could be pretty cool as well.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Heh, while Ash knowing Serena as a kid would be an fun little story point...I'd wouldn' be surprised if the writers turned around and revealed it was a kid that just happened to look like him as well.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I was hoping Serena would be confirmed to be Ash's relative just to see the shippers weep, but that's not going to happen now that it's confirmed that they're childhood friends, which worries me, because childhood relationships, when it's a boy and a girl, evolve into romantic relationships as they get older. Ash surprisingly looks older, so I fear there will be more shipping hints than usual, to the point where it'll become canon near the end of the season.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
I was hoping Serena would be confirmed to be Ash's relative just to see the shippers weep, but that's not going to happen now that it's confirmed that they're childhood friends, which worries me, because childhood relationships, when it's a boy and a girl, evolve into romantic relationships as they get older. Ash surprisingly looks older, so I fear there will be more shipping hints than usual, to the point where it'll become canon near the end of the season.

Well it hasn't been said definitely that they're close childhood friends. I'm now going off the whole line of Serena saying "That has to be that boy from back then! All right, I've decided", and the smash folk stating that she has met him before. I mean thinking logically here, if they were really close back then...instead of saying "that boy", you'd think she'd say "Satoshi".

Of course they could still be childhood friends too, and the writers/trailers are just trying to keep their relationship under wraps for now. But I mean maybe she saw him once or twice in the past and he inspired her to become a trainer? And while it does seem he left an impression on her (be it because they were close friends back then, or something else) I don't think her potential crush on him will be played up as much as you think.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well with the flash back that they showed in the new trailer, it looks like they at least talked once to each other. I just like the idea as a whole that they know each other even if it is just slight. I really hope this maybe gives us a little bit of more history of Ash and possibly his father.

My favorite part about his new character is that he stood his ground against a rampaging Garchomp and then jumped off what looks like the Eiffel Tower in Luminose City to save Pikachu.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I think it's so cute that Bonnie wants to find Clemont a wife. I hope they don't run this joke into the ground like they normally do. Then again, this is the Pokémon writers we're talking about. Having her take care of her brother's Pokémon is a good way of putting her character into good use however.

I don't know why, but I got really excited when I read that Serena was an old childhood friend of Ash. Perhaps it makes the connection between them feel more personal than with past companions. It should certainly make for an interesting dynamic between the two. And I hope we'll get to learn some things from Ash's past before he left Kanto that we never did before.

I'm confused though. Assuming she's about to receive her first Pokémon and she knew Ash when he was younger, then what's the age difference between them and wouldn't this imply that Ash is actually older now? The timeline here confuses me.

There's not a bone in me that doesn't think Ash will catch a Froakie as his Kalos starter and Serena will obtain a Fennekin. This would actually make me really happy though, because I prefer it when Ash has less starters on his team. This is one of the reasons why I liked his team for AG and DP so much. Wonder who will get Chespin...

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm confused though. Assuming she's about to receive her first Pokémon and she knew Ash when he was younger, then what's the age difference between them and wouldn't this apply that Ash is actually older now? The timeline here confuses me.

What's also much more confusing is, assuming Serena has her age reduced for the anime, why didn't they do the same thing with Hilda when they could've choose her instead of Iris as our female companion for BW. Anna explained to me that it's because Serena looks younger, but /vp/ made a size chart comparison between the protagonists from BW and XY based around their official artworks and concluded that Calem and Serena were older due to being taller than Hillbert and Hilda, thus debunking Anna's theory.

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Well...Ash managed to obtain all the grass starters in every region so far. Maybe he'll end up with Chespin.

...Of course, there's a first time for everything. He'll probably break the trend this generation and just get Froakie.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
What's also much more confusing is, assuming Serena has her age reduced for the anime, why didn't they do the same thing with Hilda when they could've choose her instead of Iris as our female companion for BW. Anna explained to me that it's because Serena looks younger, but /vp/ made a size chart comparison between the protagonists from BW and XY based around their official artworks and concluded that Calem and Serena were older due to being taller than Hillbert and Hilda, thus debunking Anna's theory.
Height doesn't equal age though. And have people been looking at officially stated heights rather just comparing artwork? Becasue there are things like... perspective involved in artwork. Which inculdes variable zoom. Honestly, height comparisons don't debunk ****, either, because what I continue to explain is that the BW protags look definitively older and the anime could potentially age them down to maybe fourteen before it gets really out of line with their official art. And that's still way too old to relate to Ash well, especially during the BW maturity drop. Serena is much more ambiguous and could easily be aged down to 10-ish for the anime without deviating much from her official game art.

I'd kind of like it if Clemont got Chespin. I mean it doesn't fit with his electric theme but... Cilan deviated from being a grass trainer and Brock deviated from rock so it's possible. I feel like they could do well together.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Just because she is just starting her journey, doesn't mean she was aged down. The BW people were suppose to be older that 10 and I think Red was 13 when he started. Serena could have moved so much with her parents, she was never able to officially start her journey. We don't know much at the moment, so we can't really say.

As for Iris and Cilan being Ash's companions in BW anime, that was because it was suppose to be a total restart and I think they were mirroring the first season. Both seasons moved at about the same speed too.

For Ash's starters. I am pretty sure he will most definitely get Frokie or Froakie will decide to go with him since it looks like Ash is helping him in the newest trailer. It is also possibly for him to get Chespin. He has gotten every grass starter Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treeko, Turtwig, and Snivy. They could break the line, but I think 2 would be the right number for him. Serena will probably get Fennekin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back