• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tileset Problems with Perspective Mode

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
I am having a problem with a tileset that I am trying to insert.
I have increased the priority of several tiles so that the player will go behind them, but the player continues to go in front instead of behind.
I also set the ledges so that the player can only go one way, and I set their terrain tag to 1 like I was supposed to, but they continue to let the player go in any direction.
Similarly, I set the terrain tag of water to 6, and the player can still walk on it. I tried disabling walking on it, but even then, you are still able to walk without even surfing.
I'm really not sure what the problem is. I'll edit this post with screenshots of the editor and of the problem in a minute.
Thank you in advance! I'm just really confused by this! XD

Edit: Here are the pictures:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 15, 2017
Are you positioning the bits you need to walk behind on the third layer? That is the foreground layer meaning it is closer to the viewer than the character according to one of the tutorials I read. As for the other stuff, I don't know enough about it, but maybe try saving the permissions and tags and then closing Essentials and reopening it?

39Gamer

39Games
Years
the reason why the player wont go under stuff is because you have perspective view mode on, i noticed that when i implemented that into my games

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
They were on the third layer, but bringing them down a layer did not solve the problem.
Also, I changed it back to normal view, and I still appear in front.

39Gamer

39Games
Years
ah... try setting the roofs etc to ☆1 and if the roof is more than 2 tiles down, set the 2nd tile down to ☆2 and further on

Back