• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDon

Shedinja Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 25, 2018
In XSE you have to use FSF (FreeSpaceFinder) to get the offset.
If you already have FSF then place it in your XSE folder and when you open XSE it will be under the tools tab.

Then open FSF, open your ROM and press search then you will get an offset =, then press copy and paste it behind the #dynamic 0x[offset].

Then you can compile your script and you'll get a pop up screen [if there's no bugs in your script] and then press copy and paste that offset in A-Map ;)

When it finds a free offset, is it automatically selected in XSE? It gives me an option to copy it in FSF, but the offset bar at the top of XSE (next to the Show Log option) is grayed out, and I can't paste anything in it.

Thanks in advance.

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
Years
mash49 said:
Could somebody suggest several good hacks to try out for a beginner, AKA myself? Preferably hacks which are finished or nearly finished and hacks for GBA and NDS versions of pokemon games.

GBA-
Pokemon Light Platinum
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Pokemon Rescue Rangers

NDS-
Don't know.

Years
I want to insert the torn world tiles but I can't. It's 16 colors and I inserted the correct pallet, my problem is that the tileset keeps giving me a poo looking color (on the left side) and on the right side is fine (This is block editor on advancemap)
I did insert the tiles it just gives me a solid color tile on the left.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I want to insert the torn world tiles but I can't. It's 16 colors and I inserted the correct pallet, my problem is that the tileset keeps giving me a poo looking color (on the left side) and on the right side is fine (This is block editor on advancemap)
I did insert the tiles it just gives me a solid color tile on the left.

Did you click 'Write Palette Changes to ROM'?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Or even "Load New Blocks", as sometimes it is one or the other. Then do the Write Pallette Changes to ROM, as then it saves the Pallette permanently.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2009
Question 1: Can somebody tell me what great tutorials can be used for indexing frontsprites and also backsprites because Im having a problem because when i inserted Budew, the normal front sprite is working but the shiny front sprite is wrong or the color is distorted while the shiny backsprite is working but the normal backsprite color is also wrong or somewhat distorted so can somebody tell me how to fix this and what tutorials can be used for indexing frontsprites and backsprites........

Question 2: Is indexing the frontsprite the same as indexing the backsprite?

Question 3: How can I resize sprites without destroying the image because when i resize sprites using InfranView the sprite becomes blurred so can you tell me how to resize sprites properly...........

Thanks!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Question 1: Can somebody tell me what great tutorials can be used for indexing frontsprites and also backsprites because Im having a problem because when i inserted Budew, the normal front sprite is working but the shiny front sprite is wrong or the color is distorted while the shiny backsprite is working but the normal backsprite color is also wrong or somewhat distorted so can somebody tell me how to fix this and what tutorials can be used for indexing frontsprites and backsprites........

Question 2: Is indexing the frontsprite the same as indexing the backsprite?

Question 3: How can I resize sprites without destroying the image because when i resize sprites using InfranView the sprite becomes blurred so can you tell me how to resize sprites properly...........

Thanks!!

1. It's because Budew's back sprite has an extra colour in its palette which isn't in the front sprite. This causes problems when you try to index it. I just posted a new tool in the Toolbox forum which can help you; you'll have to wait until my thread's approved, though ;)

2. Yes

3. Use MS Paint. Alternatively, download Paint.NET (Google it), and then select 'Nearest Neighbor' when resizing.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
plz god someone know the answer?

ok for some reason after i replaced my rival in the intro of fire red, the pals must be messed up. when you choose male one color from the rivals pal changes into a weird tan color. but only when you choose male.

does anyone know why? does the game use a diff pal when you choose male?

and if i fix that pal will it mess up the pal of somthing else in the game? do multiple things in the game use the same pal?

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
Are there any mapping tutorials out in the forum? I basically need help with design and what not...

edit: i tried searching, went down to google searching too, but am just not familiar enough with the rom hacking forum. x.x

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Are there any mapping tutorials out in the forum? I basically need help with design and what not...

edit: i tried searching, went down to google searching too, but am just not familiar enough with the rom hacking forum. x.x
There used to be a good one by Neti but I believe that his server crashed and he lost all of the images :(
But the tutorial is still out there and there are a few things in it that you can learn without having images (though the majority of it is kinda useless).

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
You guys, I have a request, can someone please point me to a tutorial of PokeCry GUI. (How to point to the English Fire Red cry table and so on). :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Okay, since Ninja Caterpie's so called 'help' didn't help at all. And I couldn't understand wtf narutoactor was saying, I'll re-post:

"Okay, my Advanced Map is having problems. :(

It won't save any maps for me. It can only save Map pictures and Event Pictures.

Like, lets say I'm making a map for a hack, and I want to save it. I press save, and I save it as Pokémon [game name here], but when I re-open Advanced Map and open up my game, and open up the town that has my map, it's not there anymore. D:

Anyone know what's up?
"

~Gibson~

It's not my fault!
Years
Well, since my question has not been answered yet, I'm gonna try to ask here xD

I followed Cello's tutorial (you may have to read it to understand my problem^^) and I wanted to insert some of Kyledove's tiles. So I load my palette - saved in PS - into AM, but most of the colours are completely different from what they're meant to be (look at the two pix). Does anyone out there know what to do now?

greetz,
Gibson

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Well, since my question has not been answered yet, I'm gonna try to ask here xD

I followed Cello's tutorial (you may have to read it to understand my problem^^) and I wanted to insert some of Kyledove's tiles. So I load my palette - saved in PS - into AM, but most of the colours are completely different from what they're meant to be (look at the two pix). Does anyone out there know what to do now?

greetz,
Gibson

My apologies if you asked me from my thread. I haven't looked at it in awhile due to being busy with projects.

From the looks at it, after loading the palette in your block editor the palette gets really disorganized, which honestly shouldn't be happening.
When you save the palette from Photoshop the palette should remain the way it was viewed.

I've answered your problem in my guide.
Here is a spoiler for your answer:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2009
Can somebody tell me what are the offsets of Pokemon Emerald or how can I find them...
like these preferably....
GameCode
FrontSpriteTable
BackSpriteTable
FrontPaletteTable
BackPaletteTable
EnemyYTable
PlayerYTable
EnemyAltitudeTable
IconSpriteTable
IconPaletteTable
IconPalettes