• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
SIGN-UP SHEET
Interests and goals: His goal is to do something legendary.

SIGN-UP SHEET #2:

Name: Sakura Zakixari
Unfortunately, none of these SUs are up to par. Firstly, the opening post says that your second pokemon has to have been caught in Kanto. Secondly, your character should take on the gym challange as the first post states that that is the premise of this RP. However, I could make an exception for a secondary character :) so alright. But there are more things to point out. You don't explain anything about why their family is gone. Your strengths and weaknesses need fleshing out. And why have they been going on so many other pokemon journeys and been so successful? It is possible, I'm not saying that they can't have every other badge. But have they participated in the League battles of those regions after that, or just gone over to the next region? In general, you just leave too many questions hanging and I feel you haven't thought your character through. Please have a closer look at SUs such as the ones written by Monster Guy or Strikit or GoldenHouou to see what a properly fleshed out SU should look like! I don't require you to write quite as much as they did - I didn't even do that myself. But something more along those lines.

I'm the other player. I haven't been active here in a while, but I've been wanting a Pokemon trainer RP for some time...

---

Name: Maxwell "Max" Hudson

Hometown: Blackthorn City, Johto

Appearance:

Max is a tall and lean young man standing 6'1". He lives an active lifestyle, and has a toned, physically fit body to show for it. He has a fair complexion, and his face is free of blemishes and facial hair. His sandy blonde hair appears to be longer on the top than it is on the sides. His hair seems to go in many different directions. It looks messy, but he likes it that way, claiming that it adds character to his look. He has a round, boyish face with wide eyes that are a deep shade of blue. He often has a smile on his face.

Max is physically fit, and has an athletic toned, physique. His taste in clothes is pretty simple. You would never know he comes from a rich family if you looked at his clothing choices. His favorite outfit consists of a blue form fitting tank top, and a purple cotton hoodie over it if it's cold enough. On the bottom, he wears a pair of blue jeans held up by a black belt with a metal buckle, and simple grey sneakers on his feet. He carries around a purple messenger bag to carry his things in.

Interests and goals: His goal is to be a Fairy type master. He hails from Blackthorn City, which is known for Dragon type Pokemon, and he comes from a long line of Dragon type Trainers. Max was never interested in Dragon type Pokemon aside from the cute ones. He always preferred cute Pokemon, and he always got flack for this fron other boys. After Fairy types and their advantage to Dragon types were discovered, he started specializing in them specifically to spite the other kids in his hometown, and his father, whom he doesn't get along with due to him trying to force his ideals on Max, and him not agreeing with them. Max also likes drawing and painting, and hopes to be an artist, although he knows that's easier said than done.

Family: Deceased mother, and he doesn't have a good relationship with his father
Splendid. Only thing is that Cleffa is a Sinnoh pokemon. But since Clefairy is Kanto, it's totally okay :3 stuff like Elekid and Magby and Munchlax would also be okay, I guess. You are accepted!

Name: Keia MacBeth

Hometown: Cinnabar, Kanto

Appearance:
1641_fb97.jpeg

Interests and goals:
-Interests: Pokemon nutrition and health sciences with a focus on anatomy of mammalian Pokemon; music; swimming; outdoors activities
-Goals: To further her knowledge of Pokemon anatomy, particularly in less researched species; to form a strong bond with as many Pokemon as possible and learn as much about them as she can; to make her father proud.

Taking after her father, Keia took an interest in health sciences early on. Though nutrition isn't her choice of focus she knows more about it than the average person, since her father loved to teach her little things about it here and there. Growing up on a mountainous island means outdoors activities like swimming, fishing, and hiking were a big part of her childhood. She enjoys music as a way to control stress and relax.

Family:
-Father: Kane MacBeth
-Mother: Alana MacBeth (deceased)
-Maternal Aunt: Layla Bradford
-Uncle: Scott Bradford
-Cousin: Hannah Bradford
-Cousin: Albert Bradford
-Cousin: Cameron Bradford
-Maternal Grandparents: Frank & Ivy Cavanaugh
-Paternal Grandparents: Troy & Vanessa MacBeth

Keia grew up with her father in Cinnabar. Kane MacBeth raised her alone, as her mother died of cervical cancer when Keia was quite young. Though the tragedy wounded them both deeply, it also meant that they grew close. He at least had a decent job as a Pokemon nutritionist for Blaine's gym, so that meant he was paid well and got to spend a decent amount of time at home. He never was able to date again, so it was just him and Keia until she was 16, when she moved to Saffron to attend the Academy of Pokemon Health Sciences.

Kane was the most important influence in Keia's life, though she did have other family. Living on an island meant they were fairly well secluded and it was difficult to visit. When they did, however, it was always at least a week-long affair that Keia enjoyed greatly. Most often they went to see Keia's maternal aunt Layla and her three children in Vermillion, all close to Keia's age. Kane has no siblings and therefore no aunts or uncles on his side for Keia.

Keia isn't close with her grandparents. She sees them occasionally in Fuschia.

Strengths:
-Formal education in health sciences
-Better than average understanding of Pokemon nutrition
-Excellent swimmer
-Good stamina
-Good sketcher
-Good fisher
-Superb understanding of the ocean and its dangers

Growing up on an island means Keia has a strong understanding of water's properties and how to deal with it. She learned how to swim at a young age and is now unafraid of crossing large bodies of water on her own. She was taught to fish recreationally and she could use this skill to feed herself in a pinch. She hiked the volcano a few times and has a decent understanding of how to circumvent mountainous obstacles. She had to sketch her notes a lot in the Academy, so she learned to draw decently well. The Academy also improved her knowledge of Pokemon health sciences. She's well versed in anatomy and understands nutrition reasonably well.

Weaknesses:
-Addictive personality
-Inexplicable phobia of Rock Pokemon
-Inexperienced and weak battler
-Pushover to pretty women

Menthols will be the death of Keia. She started smoking shortly after enrolling in the Academy as a stress reliever and she's now well addicted. She knows if she keeps it up she'll end up with useless lungs but it's particularly hard for her to give things up. In addition to cigarettes she loves sodas and the frequent alcoholic beverage. It's probably a good thing that she's never had the opportunity to gamble before, because she'd probably lose a good chunk of money.

The reason isn't clear, but Keia is terrified of Rock Pokemon. It's something about their way of moving and soulless eyes. It's not bad enough that she can't even be around them, but she absolutely will not touch them, train them, or interact with them.

Keia's experience lies mainly in the sciences. She hasn't had much practice battling and therefore isn't sure how battle mechanics work. Sometimes she forgets or mismanages the rules.

Perhaps her biggest weakness is attractive women. She's unable to say no to them and will do pretty much whatever they ask. Infatuations and crushes grow quickly with her. She's definitely a romantic but she never saw a healthy romantic relationship growing up and isn't quite sure how to get one to function.

Starter pokémon:
077.gif

"Harley"
-Ponyta
-Female
-Flash Fire Ability
-Low Kick, Flame Wheel, Tail Whip, Stomp
-Harley was given to Keia by her dad as a gift for completing her degree. She was only a weanling then, barely old enough to be separated from her mother. Now three years later she's bonded heavily to Keia and wants to do good for her. She's got a good work ethic and a strong desire to please. She was sired by Blaine's own Rapidash and therefore has potential for greatness. But Keia's lack of experience is unlikely to help Harley reach her full potential. Ponyta are too small to ride, standing at less than ten hands tall. But an adult Rapidash can grow to be as much as sixteen hands and are more than strong enough to ride. With this knowledge Keia has begun training Harley for it. She's currently working on touching her all over her body, playing with her ears, opening her mouth, and picking up her feet. Next up: getting Harley to accept the weight of a saddle blanket on her back.
Cool SU! My character is from Cinnabar too :) but about a decade younger so they might not know each other very well. You are accepted!

Alright, here we go!
Spoiler:
i really like Sigur :) you are accepted!

Any suggestions on 2 pokemon for my SU?

I just finished my 1st (boy) and 2nd (girl) SU for the roleplay
Also, please don't double post on purpose unless the GM or moderator or rules have said that it is okay. They had not, in this case. :)

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
Years
Cleffa is a Johto Pokemon actually. xD

Regardless, I'm still accepted, and that's all that matters. I'l get a post up when I can.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Cleffa is a Johto Pokemon actually. xD

Regardless, I'm still accepted, and that's all that matters. I'l get a post up when I can.
Lol, my knowledge is beaten! +1 to you, sir.

EDIT: Unless I've forgotten someone, we now have 12 accepted players. That's quite a lot but I don't think it's overly much in this kind of RP. So I can accept a few more. Make sure I notice when your SU is done, if you are currently in the process of making one!

Also, I created a RP pad. Not sure I'll remember to use it myself; I usually keep track of these things in my SU post. Buuut we can give it a shot! Thankfully, at least there are no levels to keep track of here 8)
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/rYtTrI8SES

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
That's a great idea about the etherpad... I will sure use it.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Thanks for the acceptance. At first I drew a blank on what character to use for this but as soon as I got going I fell in love with Keia. I'll write up my first post tonight.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh and just so you guys know, you don't have to wait for me (or anyone else) to finish a gym battle before you can go in. We could just say that we got there at different times of the day or even on different days. I likely won't post more than once or twice a week (unless I'm in a JP with someone, where I'll of course try to build onto it more often ;)) so I might become one of the players who progress slowly through this RP :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
My character's story is gym battles 8) Or, battles in general. A battlegirl. Hm, I need to catch her a fighting type. Mankey, perhaps?

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
Years
Cool, thanks! Going to be posting when I get the time. Not sure what I'll have him do yet, but bumping into someone would be kinda cool. I'll see.

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
Years
So...yeah here's an SU I wrote up because it kept festering in my head every time I looked at the thread. I don't regret writing it, it's a decent character I guess, but I guess I'm just rambling at this point.

Name:
Matthew Anthony

Hometown: Cylage City, Kalos

Appearance: Matthew is a rather skinny guy weighing only just about 140 lbs and standing at a height of 5'8", however he is unusually muscular due to his rather unusual life-style with "Do things to the extreme!" being his motto. His skin is somewhat tanned but still mostly fair and he has calluses on his hands that are a show of all of his hard work. His hair is a dusty brown that is shaggy and spikes up erratically no matter how much he's tried to tame it, his eyes are a kind of strange burnt orange that the doctors say was due to a uncommon mutation when he was born, it didn't have any side-effects so he counts himself pretty lucky. All over his body are different scars from different damage that he's taken from his brief journey through Kalos including a rather nasty looking scar on his back when he was caught in a cave-in for a bit of time while he briefly explored Kalos. If most had to say anything about his attire they would say he's like a more modern cowboy, which to be honest isn't very far from the truth. On his head is navy blue cowboy hat that is decorated with some sticky pins here and there with a winking Pikachu pin right in the middle of his hat that was given to him by his dad. His chest is usually uncovered showing off his very muscular frame which is usually the reason for unwanted female attention in the places he visits, not that he knows about it usually anyway. He wears some stylish cowboy chaps with two studded belts that serve to hold his Pokeballs and a Lucario pin as the medal holding it together. Forgoing the usage of cowboy boots, Matthew tends to wear either a pair of black sneakers with a red pokeball design on the side of each shoe or some dusty boots when he has to traverse some rough land. On his back is a duffel bag that holds all of his basic necessities for a journey, including a vest and thermal shirt for colder climates among other things.

Interests and goals: Matthew has always been the adventurous type and loves finding out about old relics and things of the past despite his pretty much extreme style. He is, as called by his parents, a wild child and is constantly looking for something exciting to do whether it be exploring ruins or practicing his rock climbing skills. As a kid he was usually the one to be all scraped up but still smiling without a care because it was fun. His father used to read him stories about a young trainer who had a Pikachu traveled around the world and he was enraptured by the tales of adventure. He understood that it was apparently just a children's book to get kids like him to want to be a Pokémon Trainer, but he didn't really care. The character in the book had met even legendary Pokémon and Matthew wanted to do the same as well. To see new things that others could dream of, defeat the bad guys while possibly saving a city (he doubted he would be able to save the world or that anyone would actually go that far) and just generally having an awesome time. It also didn't help his enthusiasm much due to the stories that his big sis told him about her journey and how she was going to be a Pokémon Master. With his parents encouraging him to reach for the stars and be the best he could be, well his goal from their was pretty much guaranteed. To be the best he could be! Matthew has temporarily put his studies on pause in hopes of becoming the best Professional Trainer in the world.

Family: His Mother Eliza and his father Miles, he also has two younger twin siblings named Jeanne and Claus and then one older sister named Alicia. He thinks his family has a weird thing for names, which is why he's quite happy he got a pretty normal name. His father once told him that all the females in his house all were a part of some witch like cult, but he doesn't believe it no matter the fact that when he was 6 he swore he walked into his sisters and mom making something in a cauldron. His mother told him it was just a dream after all and she would never lie to him.

Strengths: Extremely Fit; With years of rock climbing, swimming, and admittedly sketchy adventures into the Cave near his town under his belt there is nearly nothing that he isn't able to do, within possible human expectations at least. With his happy-go-lucky attitude and love for Pokemon he is very good trainer and while not the smartest guy around he's surprisingly analytical in battle and has a good sense for the flow of things. He's a natural at making friends with even the coldest of people, his motto is "Never give up, an enemy today is just a friend in waiting." Matthew has great people skills and is able to read people pretty well and can understand their emotions if given a chance.

Weaknesses: Besides beings smart in battle he isn't the smartest tool in the shed and can come off just a tiny bit dumb if the topic isn't anything relevant to things he's into. Matthew is oblivious to the affections of the other gender, or at least those that are aimed at him due to the fact he believes that his natural kindness and politeness is the correct thing to do for all situations. Besides those faults, Matthew is an overall stubborn guy who refuses to quit and while this can be a strength for him it can also be his weakness as he'll just keep pushing himself till he drops not knowing when he should stop.

Starter pokémon:
448.png

Pokémon Species: Lucario
Move-set: Power-Up Punch, Swords Dance, Force Palm, Detect, Bone Rush

Bio
: Lucario started off as just a normal Riolu that Matthew chanced upon one day when he sneaked away from his city so he could go and explore the cave. He was pretty stealthy and managed to make it there without any of the townspeople realizing and so he went about his usual activities. The furthest he ever went before was east of his city as despite the relatively small size of the cave there were things that most people wouldn't notice such as the small little side cave that had strange drawings in it. Matthew didn't have much geographical information but it seemed like it was only recently formed and the opening was just wide enough that he could crawl through. It was during this day that as he went through his usual routine just before getting to the little crawl space he saw another person. He seemed to be telling something that he was releasing it because it was worthless and so with that the man walked away. Matthew was pretty curious and went close to his space and saw a sad looking blue Pokemon. He came up to it and with a wide grin he introduced himself and said a simple sentence. "Who cares about that mean old guy anyway? How about me and you be the best of buddies, you look like you need a friend little guy." From there it was the start of a beautiful friendship, what he hadn't known was that his father was the one who orchestrated the entire thing as he had received a Riolu awhile back and decided that it would be put to better use by his son as he was constantly doing stupidly dangerous things.

Second pokémon:

025-f.png

Pokémon Species: Pikachu
Move-set: Quick Attack, Thunder Wave, Thunder Shock, Disarming Voice

Last edited:

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Secondly, your character should take on the gym challange as the first post states that that is the premise of this RP. However, I could make an exception for a secondary character :) so alright.

Do you mean my second character doesn't have to take on the gym? (no Plusle and Minun duo :( )

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
I posted :D Sorry, I would have posted much sooner, but I was at school all-day yesterday and didn't even go home because I had to pull an all-nighter :/

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Name: [/B]Matthew Anthony
Looks good to me, you are accepted! Glad you couldn't resist the call of the RP ;)

Do you mean my second character doesn't have to take on the gym? (no Plusle and Minun duo :( )
Let's say like this: if you can first present one decent SU to me and include a RP sample in it, I will consider if you can do a second character or not. With a RP sample, I mean some form of In Character text that can either be taken from another RP you are or have been part of, or something you whip up on the spot featuring the character you are signing up with. RP sample is meant to show me how you are planning on writing in this RP, since I haven't seen you RPing before and don't know what to expect otherwise :3

And yeah, I'm not gonna be a total prick. As long as your first character takes on the gym challenge, a secondary character doesn't need to do it. This goes for everyone! Their pokémon are also negotiable, I'd say. A Plusle and Minun duo is defendable, actually.

But for (Drakath), what I said above goes first with the first SU :3

EDIT: also, Dragon is accepted (officially. He was already inofficially accepted on SKype haha).

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Nobody noticed the boy in the corner of the museum. </3

Anyway, can we get an order for the gym challenge? Just so people will know who is challenging who etc. So we can have coherent posts. :) I'm willing to take last here as Jordan is more intrigued with the museum than the gym.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Nobody noticed the boy in the corner of the museum. </3

Anyway, can we get an order for the gym challenge? Just so people will know who is challenging who etc. So we can have coherent posts. :) I'm willing to take last here as Jordan is more intrigued with the museum than the gym.
How do you mean now?

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
I'll finish this later.

Name: Fitz Kuroji

Hometown: Saffron, Kanto

Appearance:

Interests and goals:

Family:

Strengths:

Weaknesses: