• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingouin_7

I've tried using that trick in Yellow to evolve my Pikachu, but whatever I do it doesn't seem to work.
Am I doing something wrong?

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
The trick was to trade it, Thunder Stone it and trade it back. I've not actually tried it, but I've definitely read about it. I also think if you trade a second Pikachu into Yellow, the second one can be evolved. That is, assuming both of them are in the party. I'll need to try it out.

On the other hand, that's not really a glitch. How else would you get Raichu?

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
The trick was to trade it, Thunder Stone it and trade it back. I've not actually tried it, but I've definitely read about it. I also think if you trade a second Pikachu into Yellow, the second one can be evolved. That is, assuming both of them are in the party. I'll need to try it out.

Right, my mistake. Your Pikachu (with the ID, SID, and OT being the same) cannot evolve in Yellow. Any other one can.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Ok, I have a question. I surfed on the shore of Seafoam islands (in Red version on my Normal Monotype) and found Pidgey, Oddish, and Venonat. Is that a glitch?

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
Years
Ok, I have a question. I surfed on the shore of Seafoam islands (in Red version on my Normal Monotype) and found Pidgey, Oddish, and Venonat. Is that a glitch?
Yep, this is called the Old Man glitch. You'll eventually run into 'M and Missingno., but the Pokemon you find are due to your name. Specifically the 3rd, 5th, and 7th character in your name determines it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back