• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terragal

Secretive Trainer
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2011
Oh gosh, I remember writing my first and only pokémon fanfic, it was alright at first but loads of people hated it! I only had one nice reviewer and it got me down, so I stopped writing fanfiction for Pokémon. Anyway, I love to write but I won't write pokémon fiction on ff.net because I still fear that they will loathe me hehehehe...

I think they hated my character >.<

I write for Gakuen Alice right now, but I want to break out of that fandom for Shugo Chara, and recently I have found urges to start writing a story for pokémon again, but as I said beforehand, I am scared of what others will think. So yeah...

I l-o-o-o-o-ve fanfiction and good writers, but right now I have no time to read or write which irritates me as reading/writing fanfiction is a hobby I enjoy. (I blame school, really)

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Do you get nervous when first starting out in a new fandom?

Let's see. I have had the finished prologue and first chapter of a FF fic on my computer for several weeks now. Every day I play with the idea of actually posting it to other writing, but I also decide - every day - that I'm going to post it later.

...I would go with yes.

Since the realm of Pokémon dragged me into doing this stuff in the first place, I've been having ideas about other fandoms as well. Phoenix Wright, Final Fantasy, Stargate Atlantis (or Atlåntis, lol), even Naruto, they have all tired to tempt me into writing those drabbles down. But, frankly, I never do write them down. I'd never post them. I'm far too scared to write a fanfic about canon characters, because you never get them right. It's always your personal view of those characters, and I fear that my personal view will not please others...
That's stupid, though, because I don't really write to please others. If that happens, then it's a good thing, but that's not my ultimate goal. I do, however, know that I have to please people with my writing or else I'll never be an author.

Not that I'd write fanfiction for living, though.

...And the point was?

Uh, yeah. I'm going to sleep now. In short: yes, I do get nervous.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
Mind if I sling a quick blurb to a concept of mine by you guys?

A tall, well dressed man of about 18 years of age with scruffy, medium length blonde hair sits slouched on an empty, derelict train carriage. It's dark outside, deeply dark and it keeps playing on his mind. He can't see the dark as such, he can barely open his left eye and his right is laden with blood from his head. In fact a lot of his person is bloodied and bruised. He's breathing heavy now, really heavy. It's not easy breathing with broken ribs. Every hard drawn breath reminds him that, even if it's only for short while, he is still alive. In his right hand he's holding a revolver handgun, Colt Python with a royal blue finish. Blue lights flashing near by, sirens wailing as a herd of white and blue cars scream along the highway parallel to the tracks. The man tries to clench the gun but it slips. He knows there's one bullet in the chamber and is now seriously considering suicide, but decides it wouldn't be very fitting, besides with the puddle of blood around his feet and the pressure on his lungs he is almost certain he's just gonna pack in anyway. He winches in pain as he grabs his last cigarette and strikes a match, takes it to the fag in his mouth and inhales. He lets out one long breath.
"We are the youth of today…fitting" he says as he finally blacks out.

I like it. The concept sounds a little like it could become cheesy, but it really could go somewhere good, so I'd like to see a story from this.

On a completely unrelated note, I've recently updated The End of Infinity. Its not a fanfiction, so everyone can read and review. And that's what you must do, because so far, Raibutai is my only reviewer. And as awesome as he is, he's only one man...or woman, I forgot to check. XD. Plus, my entire paragraph is a link to it and its longer than Kenji's :O

EDIT: WOOP 1000th post at last!

Last edited:

Bay

Years
Yeah. I already mention how I had started writing this one Naruto fic based off one of the filler arcs in the anime but quit because I thought I wrote one of the characters wrong and also I think I got the timeline wrong. I guess I should rewatch that arc a couple of times, but urgh that filler arc is quite long and don't really have time to go through it. Instead I went with a much easier one shot. XD

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
Years
I'm fortunate that the fandom I decided to join recently is a very friendly community for new members to join. It's the Sims 2 fandom that's LJ-based. Everyone knows everyone else, and when someone new joins, then it's a warm, friendly welcome.

While sometimes it is difficult to get comments on a new story if you are a new member, as long as you keep at it, then the comments will come. And they'll come even more if you actually break out of your shell and relax.

Really, TS2 fandom on LJ is one that has a main focus of goofing off and having fun. Heck, I don't even remember a huge fight that was LJ-fandom based, aside from the small itty-bitty wanky bits.

And there's no canon wars. :D

Short answer because: lol work.

See this fandom is all about perving the hot superhero's, so it's all good. They are a really nice fandom and comm that I've found, but as I say, they are just brilliant writers. That and the fact that I've read the bad!fic in the fandom and boy oh boy is it bad...

I have started the story, gone for something nice and simple, so hopefully it'll all come good. Thanks for the advice, Astinus!

Oh gosh, I remember writing my first and only pokémon fanfic, it was alright at first but loads of people hated it! I only had one nice reviewer and it got me down, so I stopped writing fanfiction for Pokémon. Anyway, I love to write but I won't write pokémon fiction on ff.net because I still fear that they will loathe me hehehehe...

I think they hated my character >.<

I write for Gakuen Alice right now, but I want to break out of that fandom for Shugo Chara, and recently I have found urges to start writing a story for pokémon again, but as I said beforehand, I am scared of what others will think. So yeah...

I l-o-o-o-o-ve fanfiction and good writers, but right now I have no time to read or write which irritates me as reading/writing fanfiction is a hobby I enjoy. (I blame school, really)
I was so lucky to have such and awesome beta for A Darker Day; he really encouraged me to start writing it, and he's always brilliant with the new chapters. I think I was pretty relaxed about writing A Darker Day because I've been playing the games for so long and really I was going off on my own little storyline, so it's more like original fiction to me and I could really just get creative.

As the others have said, it's always worth posting it up, we may very well like it! That and the fact that flamers and trolls live in ff.net... And I hear you about school eating up valuble writing/reading time, grrrr stupid uni...

Let's see. I have had the finished prologue and first chapter of a FF fic on my computer for several weeks now. Every day I play with the idea of actually posting it to other writing, but I also decide - every day - that I'm going to post it later.

...I would go with yes.

Since the realm of Pokémon dragged me into doing this stuff in the first place, I've been having ideas about other fandoms as well. Phoenix Wright, Final Fantasy, Stargate Atlantis (or Atlåntis, lol), even Naruto, they have all tired to tempt me into writing those drabbles down. But, frankly, I never do write them down. I'd never post them. I'm far too scared to write a fanfic about canon characters, because you never get them right. It's always your personal view of those characters, and I fear that my personal view will not please others...
That's stupid, though, because I don't really write to please others. If that happens, then it's a good thing, but that's not my ultimate goal. I do, however, know that I have to please people with my writing or else I'll never be an author.

Not that I'd write fanfiction for living, though.

...And the point was?

Uh, yeah. I'm going to sleep now. In short: yes, I do get nervous.

I know that feeling, I have about 8/9 one-shots for fandoms varying from Harry Potter to Lord of the Rings and everything in between, but I look at them and wonder, will I ever post them? I know I probably wont, but I'd like to think that one day I will.

Yeah. I already mention how I had started writing this one Naruto fic based off one of the filler arcs in the anime but quit because I thought I wrote one of the characters wrong and also I think I got the timeline wrong. I guess I should rewatch that arc a couple of times, but urgh that filler arc is quite long and don't really have time to go through it. Instead I went with a much easier one shot. XD

See this is my problem; I've seen the film, read the book, I even own the book that goes with the film and have read it cover to cover, and I still feel like I'm missing parts of my knowledge. I know the characters I want to write inside out, but the canon has such a huge backstory I'm worried about missing something. I was planning a one-shot with a song as a theme, and I'm hoping I can't screw it up too much in a few pages!

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Probably will when I write that PW fic in future. >_<

Or maybe I should make use of my holidays and start now.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I'm really just posting to get views for my eggs. No clicks necessary. Just look at them. And perhaps suggest names? D;

I was in my "think tank" a few minutes ago, and my thoughts lead me to think about this forum. Now, I haven't been the most active person over here. (Blame my adorable little Sim!Andy and his babby Orson. x3) But hey, I can always make an effort to do things to make it so that I became mod for some reason.

So you're going to see some changes happening around here. Some are completely in my control. Some aren't. We'll see.

No hints have been buried around here. And I won't be starting tonight because...um...Sims. ;^;

Like I said, no clicks necessary.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Mmm. Changes. Reminds me of the time I first posted here and you subsequently closed the lounge for a remodel, making me think it was my fault. Man did I freak out. XD

[SIZE="-2"]I'm afraid you're going to have to name one of them "Dr. Device."[/SIZE]

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Astinus, you're making dragon slaves out of us. (That sounded...off.)

Astinus, you're making us slaves to you and your dragon eggs.

So there are changes...eh? I've never really seen any except in my beloved ROM hacking section. =D Which was terrible damn you haraken

Hang on, you're making us feel good so we'll do your bidding! >:| -Wentface-

-clickie-

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm really just posting to get views for my eggs. No clicks necessary. Just look at them. And perhaps suggest names? D;
Charles, and Mr. Whiskers. =P

But changes, you say? Interesting... hopefully there are many pastries involved with these 'changes'. =P
You could make Sims of us, how you imagine we look!
Oh lord... XD

Well, I've only ever done Pokemon thus far... I wasn't that nervious so to speak when I started (probably because I didn't know any better or something XD), but whenever I submit a new chapter, I do have a bit of a queasy feeling - just happens, really. Guess I wonder if my chapter will entertain and all - being as slow as I am, jokes sometimes seem a bit old after I've looked at them too many times.

And maybe a new topic which I stole off from elsewhere, because I like reusing my own topics, darn it.
Have you ever written any stories involving criminal Pokemon gangs, whether they are canon-based or made up (e.g. Team Rocket, Cipher, Team Imgoingtothrowapieinyourface, etc)?

Myself, I've kept the two teams in Pokemon Colosseum for my fic - Team Snagem, and Cipher. Team Snagem doesn't get that much screen-time given the nature of their role in the game, but I've had a fair bit on Cipher, also showing how the story unfolds from their side as well.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Have you ever written any stories involving criminal Pokemon gangs, whether they are canon-based or made up (e.g. Team Rocket, Cipher, Team Imgoingtothrowapieinyourface, etc)?

There's an organization in the Eon Chronicles dedicated to capturing Latias and Latios and killing their partners. No organization name, either: their intent is to prevent people from knowing they exist.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years

Yeah, I'm going to involve Team Rocket except more gangsterly.

Man, I need to get back to my fic. >_>

Bay

Years
Those aren't Easter eggs, Astinus! :O Hey, it's Easter Monday today, so yeah. :P

If there are going to be changes, I assume there's going to be beer, music, and dancers involve. XD;

Not yet, but have been planning one story where an established 11 year old girl trainer gets involved in this situation where a team (canon or made up I haven't decide yet) is trying to get her. So far it isn't working. >.>In fact, I remember asking one time about how to make a good team. XD

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
If you really wanted to make it disturbing (and to eb away from canon-comedy) you can make this team really sadistic. Should I say to go as far as killing pokemon just for fun? >.> To make it worse, instead of involving crazy machines, use simple things like sharp knives (for the plushy ones; and I think I am now sounding like a Joker-like villan, or Hannibal).

Ooooo I just thought of something, not sure if it has been done (though I bet it has), but a fic about Zombie Pokemon, lol.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
As usual, supporting any changes that don't involve me getting naked (but may or may not involve the rest of you doing so).

Absolutely. I'm a Rocket girl, even if the region in question isn't Rocket territory. (I swear, there's a reason why Giovanni is sending Rockets into quarantined Hoenn, other than to find a creative way to get rid of failgrunts although that's totally what he's doing.) Alternatively, I create my own organizations, but these aren't usually the Team Evil kind. They're usually either cults (in occasional fic ideas), political alliances (planned AEM sequel), or the entire damn city. (Oh, Verona. You and your plethora of political parties that all try to kill each other via gang wars.)

The way I see it, evil organizations are a convenient trope to have in Pokémon fanfiction. You're practically expected to have one, so you've pretty much got a ready-made Big Bad, so long as you're creative enough to alter the details and not make your entire team of antagonists essentially like Ye Olde Evil Teame. As a result, you've got the reader focusing on what's clearly evil to drive the plot forward while this gives you the opportunity to mindscrew them if you're particularly evil yourself.

Ooooo I just thought of something, not sure if it has been done (though I bet it has), but a fic about Zombie Pokemon, lol.

As far as I can recall, it hasn't been done in a finished work. I think there's a couple on FFNet that deal with zombies but aren't actually complete (or well-known), and I'm pretty sure an idea thread a few months back asked if it'd be a good idea. Alas, nothing was made of that either. Which is a shame because, come on. ZOMBIES. This fandom needs a good zombie apocalypse.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Well once I get the time, perhaps I may write a one shot. Funnily enough, the only survivors would be Ghost Pokemon, assuming of course, the Zombie Pokemon are not so smart to use non normal attacks, to at least kill them. Or what I could do within the one shot, is various scenes around the world, including the demise of Ash and friends XD

EDIT: And I'd have to go all out, and make it as graphically disturbing as possible (within the rules of course).

Lol my ideas are running wild... poor pokeverse... no one will be spared...

Would you not want to read the demise of Mew-two, or dare I say... Dialga and Palkia? XD >.>

All it would take is one weak bite attack, and if you've got hordes of the pokemon coming after you... well...

Its too bad Unowns don't have teeth though, I suppose once they're infected, they might only be good for ramming and usual psychic attacks.

I'm also thinking to write it out in a time displaced manner. That is to say, the various paragraphs will not be in order from creation to destruction, but rather small snippets of both.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years

Yep, I made up my own evil organization based loosely around fanatical religious cults. The group would operate churches where the leader himself would preach propaganda disguises as sermons, and command foot soldiers and administrators to carry out schemes that required a "hands-on" approach.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2009

Sort of. I have a "team" that uses force to pursue its agenda and hopes to alter history, but it's not entirely negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back