• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Awww man, I think I may have helped kill that RP. :(

I tried joining at the beginning, but got ninja'd, and then I joined at the beginning of the Hoenn arc (twice), but wasn't really all that into it, I suppose, in retrospect…

/bummed

ANYWAYS…

My first RP experience was freaking days ago (as in years)… I don't even remember what it was called, but I think it was about being abducted by Team Rocket or something…
Is this the RP you're talking about?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
What was your first RP experience?

I can't actually answer since the RP I putted in the Corner hasn't got any SUs, even when it's been there for 8 days..., or were they nine? Guess I lost the count..., and the RP I signed up for hasn't started, so yeah..., anyways, I'd love to hear what your first RP was about!
I actually did what you did. I started out as a writer in the fan-fiction corner writing a lame journey fiction and then after a while, after I suggested that some of the people who were really interested in it (lol omg it was so bad) should write chapters, someone said that was kind of like roleplaying. So then I created a roleplay based on the fan-fiction. So my first roleplay was one I actually GM'd.

They were both terrible.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Pesky News Reporter Here! :D

I can't give any oppinion on MH, I've never had a chance to play it before... but a Role-Play about it..., well, it has monsters, so it'd be awesome for sure!

Anyways, here's a question!
*clears throat*

I can't actually answer since the RP I putted in the Corner hasn't got any SUs, even when it's been there for 8 days..., or were they nine? Guess I lost the count..., and the RP I signed up for hasn't started, so yeah..., anyways, I'd love to hear what your first RP was about!

My first RP... It was an exploration RP, Explorers of Fior. I had short, short posts back then last year. I'm glad I evolved my skills here. :)

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Hm... first RP... I remember that fondly. Made by my best friend Game Over, it was based on the world of Ivalice in final fantasy. We only got through a bit before it just broke apart and some of the players left PC. There was a big argument that went on and I didn't know a lot of players back then but it was something that someone had said about someone else and it just collapsed.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years

So you mean that you submitted a roleplay of your own without ever having roleplayed before? I wish you luck with that, most people usually join a couple of RPs first to learn how things are done.

Umm... what's the correct answer?
Yes I did, but I do have experience role-playing (sort of)..., whenever I write Fiction I try to think the way the characters do..., if that makes sense, so I have a 'lil bit of experience in that.
I guess I'll be fine, but, you never know...

I actually did what you did. I started out as a writer in the fan-fiction corner writing a lame journey fiction and then after a while, after I suggested that some of the people who were really interested in it (lol omg it was so bad) should write chapters, someone said that was kind of like roleplaying. So then I created a roleplay based on the fan-fiction. So my first roleplay was one I actually GM'd.

They were both terrible.

:O My Role-Play is based upon a Fan Fiction I'm currently writing... talk about coincidences..., well, actually, my Fan Fiction is like the tenth revamp of a Role-Play I somehow thought would be accepted (remember Pokemon: The Rest Of All?), hopefully it's not as awfull as it was before (both the Fic and the RP)...

BTW my FanFiction is... what you may call... horribly lame :)
I think there's only one person interested in it, oh well...

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
My first RP experience... Hmm... I believe it happened to be a small RP known as Focus Shift GM'd by Ichiro. At the time, I was a horrible writer and RPer, usually making one-liners constantly. Nonetheless, the other RPers really helped me get better.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
My first RP is Divine Water/Sacred Fire. (yeah I know its backwards)

But the first one I actually posted in the IC for is prelude...which has gone dead this past week...I hope it comes back :'(

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hm... first RP... I remember that fondly. Made by my best friend Game Over, it was based on the world of Ivalice in final fantasy. We only got through a bit before it just broke apart and some of the players left PC. There was a big argument that went on and I didn't know a lot of players back then but it was something that someone had said about someone else and it just collapsed.
Haha I remember this. This was quite funny, actually. I was sad though that it didn't go along; I was looking forward to bossing everyone around as the Guild MASTA.

My first RP experience... Hmm... I believe it happened to be a small RP known as Focus Shift GM'd by Ichiro. At the time, I was a horrible writer and RPer, usually making one-liners constantly. Nonetheless, the other RPers really helped me get better.
I REMEMBER THIS TOO! Ichiro keeps speaking of revamping it, you know. Again. XD

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Don't be so harsh on yourself, you did pretty well in Focus Shift; albeit us other RPers weren't so good ourselves. Hahaha.

Me? This takes me back a while, even had to check to see where I first RPed. Journey Through the Dark Gate by KingKaos; back then my writing was simply shocking.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Gonna see if I can get some feedback on this now, seeing as last time failed disastrously... XD

Spoiler:

Players would be dragon tamers and each would choose a dragon from this list (the ones in red are not allowed to be chosen, either for plot reasons or for convenience.):

I still have plenty of details to finish up, but this is a basic overview of what I have so far. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Gonna see if I can get some feedback on this now, seeing as last time failed disastrously... XD

Spoiler:

Players would be dragon tamers and each would choose a dragon from this list (the ones in red are not allowed to be chosen, either for plot reasons or for convenience.):

I still have plenty of details to finish up, but this is a basic overview of what I have so far. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Hmmm....this looks a lot like Eragon without Eragon. However, I do like the idea of different dragon breeds, and I would definitely be interested in this. I would have to know more though, before I made any conclusions on it. It seems like a good idea though.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Hmmm....this looks a lot like Eragon without Eragon. However, I do like the idea of different dragon breeds, and I would definitely be interested in this. I would have to know more though, before I made any conclusions on it. It seems like a good idea though.
Yeah, I've been trying to make as unlike Eragon as I possibly can, but there are destined to be quite a few similarities. In Fargona, dragon tamers won't be the only ones to have dragons. Dragons will be able to be caught and tamed (albeit with much difficulty) by normal people, and are a large part of daily life. I'm also working on a religion based around dragons, but I'm not sure how that will go XD

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years

Wow! That's going back a bit (Well not too far but maybe 8 years or so).

There was an RP section in an old forum I joined. I was young then and I was terrible. Really terrible.

My next RP experience was good ol' pen and paper. Being a geek my parents assumed I would love a D+D set. They were right xD Only really ever had a few games of it because none of my real life friends had the patience to learn the rules let alone play! I also toyed around with MUDs on and off around this time.

After that I ended up in WoW on the Rp realms. It was good fun and I made some good friends but the Rp grew stale thanks to the limitation of game mechanics.

Then I gave RP a rest for a couple of years and have ended up here. Growing up with pokemon and having a deep rooted love of RP means its a perfect fit (although compared to most on here my RP is terrible! Hopefully I'm just a bit rusty). These forums coupled with a MUD i play give me my RP fix.

Granted that was more of a biography than an answer but its nice to think about where I've come from and where I've ended up.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

Spoiler:

I like the plot but here are just a few of my questions/advice.

• Why did the sorcerer want to steal all the magic? Is he evil, or just power hungry? Or both? Does he have a backstory?
  • What type of magical abilities did these people have?
  • Maybe you could say what happened after all the magic disappeared? I know the dragons sealed him away but how did the people feel? Did everything just go back to "normal" or was there mass confusion? Did the land go from its richness to a poorer state? These people just lost a huge part of themselves and they might have used their abilities to do daily work.
  • Are all the players apart of the Kings army? (That'd be cool.)
  • Since there are fearful people maybe the could be the opposition. Like make group that is strongly against sorcerers in Fangona
  • Are the players going to know that they have magic? Or is this going to happen when they (assuming here) meet their dragon? Or are they starting with a dragon (egg)?

I think this could be a great RP, keep up the good work! :) And of course you don't have to answer these questions now just remember them for when you're writing. I know you said you had more details to write so yeah.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Very good points, Retro.

I also wondered if the people started with magic or not, since magic is in its grey area.

Also, you should make a lotof differences between dragons, like differences in size (I personally would love a tiny quetzalcoatl based dragon, one the size of an iguana or so :3 ) and the diferences in the fire they breathe (they breathe fire, right?) some could posses fire, some ice, some pure magic, some nature based, and some without fire breathing at all!

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
I like the plot but here are just a few of my questions/advice.

• Why did the sorcerer want to steal all the magic? Is he evil, or just power hungry? Or both? Does he have a backstory?
  • What type of magical abilities did these people have?
  • Maybe you could say what happened after all the magic disappeared? I know the dragons sealed him away but how did the people feel? Did everything just go back to "normal" or was there mass confusion? Did the land go from its richness to a poorer state? These people just lost a huge part of themselves and they might have used their abilities to do daily work.
  • Are all the players apart of the Kings army? (That'd be cool.)
  • Since there are fearful people maybe the could be the opposition. Like make group that is strongly against sorcerers in Fangona
  • Are the players going to know that they have magic? Or is this going to happen when they (assuming here) meet their dragon? Or are they starting with a dragon (egg)?

I think this could be a great RP, keep up the good work! :) And of course you don't have to answer these questions now just remember them for when you're writing. I know you said you had more details to write so yeah.
I do believe I can answer at least some of those questions~

• He's power hungry, and if you consider trying to use magic to take over the entire land of Fargona evil, then yes, he is evil XD I don't know if he'll have much of a back story.
  • There will be a large variation of magical abilities and the type of magic used will depend on what the person specializes in.
  • Hadn't really thought much about that, but now that you mention it, I probably should add something about it...
  • Players may or may not be a part of the kings army. It depends on what the player's back story is.
  • That could actually be a good idea~
  • The players will start with magic, but dragon tamers have rather weak magic seeing as most of their magic goes into the bond between themselves and their dragon. Their dragon will be one they meet by chance; I haven't decided whether players should start with dragons or if they should meet them near the beginning of the RP.
Very good points, Retro.

I also wondered if the people started with magic or not, since magic is in its grey area.

Also, you should make a lotof differences between dragons, like differences in size (I personally would love a tiny quetzalcoatl based dragon, one the size of an iguana or so :3 ) and the diferences in the fire they breathe (they breathe fire, right?) some could posses fire, some ice, some pure magic, some nature based, and some without fire breathing at all!
I'm actually working on dragon desriptions right now~ Quetzacoatl will actually be one of the large dragons, but Fae in Puk are only a few inches in size, and elementals are actually basically made of magic. If you want, I could send you the descriptions I've written up so far.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Haha I remember this. This was quite funny, actually. I was sad though that it didn't go along; I was looking forward to bossing everyone around as the Guild MASTA.

Yeah, to tell you the truth, I was actually thinking of quitting PC when this happened. The only real RP experience I had here was that one roleplay so I was thinking to myself, 'well, these people a bunch of clowns. They can't even separate their own personal problems from a fun activity.' I was still very new to rping and I thought if this was what rping really was, just people getting mad at each other, that I was going to quit. Still, I talked myself into staying and I saw that it was really a one time thing that had happened! It was a very naive idea to have, but I was still new to the site and all.

I'm just glad I stuck around and met all kinds of new friends. If I had based this forums attitude only on those I had interaction with, well, I would still probably be trying to find a place to rp at.

So there's a lesson, don't judge a site by the only rp you are in!

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
'SUP GUYS;

Just letting everyone know, Atlantis Arising has opened up THREE SPOTS for incoming players. THAT'S RIGHT. If you love superpowers and conspiracy and being part of mysterious organisations, then this is the roleplay for you. If you don't, I'm sure I can convince you that Atlantis is an awesome roleplay and you should totally join it.

THREE SPOTS GUYS!

Here's a link for the lazy people out there if you want to check it out. You won't need any prior reading of the roleplay if you'd like to join, only the main storyline on the first post. :D

When you join Atlantis, you also get invited to our exclusive Skype club where we talk about cool things like movies, walking dogs and backflips.

THANKS GUYS!! SKYMIN OUT!

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Is this the RP you're talking about?

Nah, I'm talking about some '08 shiz… real hipster stuff you know? B|

I've been looking for the Sign Up, but I can't seem to find it, so I'm just going to assume there was once a pre-Word era for my posts…
/shudders

(^That must've been horrrrible)

EDIT: I take that back, I just realized that's from before the time when I had this computer…
I've been around, you know. Had my share. Can't really blame me, I've had mine, you've had yours, we both know… we know ;)

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Everyone, the RPA results are here! The winners are also posted.

You know, it's okay that I didn't win. Congradulations to all those who won! :3 There's always next time! If I keep losing, I'll just try & try again! Haha! I'm in the zone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back