• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another short worded question.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Can you play any instruments?

(See...this is what happens when I avoid posting threads for a while...)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Nope. I've never bothered to learn anything, unless rolling my tongue counts.
That there was my lame attempt at making a joke as well as keeping this post from being spam. :x

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i play tenor sax in the marching southerners band. switching to baritone sax next season. i can also play soprano and bass clarinet and know a little flute.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Why I am a pianist. Here's a link to my soundcloud if you're interested in hearing me mess around. I play a little uke and mandolin and guitar, I'm best at the piano though. I'm trying to learn how to read sheet music so I can teach and write it.

I suppose I could mention that I played the trombone, baritone, and tuba in school. I hope you can imagine little old me carrying a sousaphone twice my size around the football field in marching band. :s

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I play the piano, but I'm pretty mediocre at it... I can only play the Disney song 'A Whole New World' completely, but besides that, I'm pretty bad =/

Instruments aren't my forte.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
In intermediate school, I learned the woodwind instruments available at our school. I learned the clarinet, the saxophone, and the flute.
I started playing trumpet in 7th grade, and I can play that and the mellophone.
I'm interested in starting to play the guitar or the drums.

The one I'm most experienced playing is the trumpet. I don't remember how to play the clarinet, the saxophone, or the flute.
My silver trumpet that I got for Christmas one year is my baby. <3

I haven't played it in three years, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I can play the Clarinet. I also know .. very little of Flute and Trumpet. Perhaps I'll pick up my sister's Flute and teach myself a bit more, as well as my brother's Trumpet. As well as pick up my Clarinet more often. I become out of breath so easily now and my embouchure gets so bad so quickly it's terrible.

Sir Codin

I played drums for quite a while, but went on a hiatus when I entered college.

I'm wondering if I'm allowed to have them in my on-campus apartment now? I'd still have to deal with neighbors...a drummer's worst enemy.

That said, I'm not all that good. I just randomly jam whatever pops in my head, but quite a few people have praised me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
in middle school, I played the flute for a short time. It was really fun! I wanted to continue through high school, but had to choose between school paper and band...so I chose school paper instead. Kinda wish I chose the latter though.

Adore

Party.
Years
Yes! I've been playing piano since I was very young (for about 13 years). I'm not a professional by any means, but I have played at a bar with my music school a couple of times. It's a lot of fun. :D

I love playing music. It's a major (badum tsss) part of my life and I couldn't imagine not having that skill.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I play the guitar pretty much every day and have done for around seven years. I like to think I'm pretty good at it by now as it's one of the only areas that I'm confident about my abilities in and I have absolutely no intention of giving it up any time soon. It's an area that I'd love to take on professionally but other than guitar teaching I'm not sure I'm willing to risk that as a career path given the uncertainty of a music career.

Other than guitar I can also play piano, drums, bass and to a small extent violin. One that I'd really love to get better at is using my voice since it's great singing whilst playing guitar, but I'm not sure that's an area I'll ever progress much in haha.

Years
I can play simple songs on the piano and guitar (and maybe the recorder if I ever found one), but mostly just through memorization, and not because I can really play them. Other than that, no, I don't play any instruments.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I can play the piano. I haven't done so in many a year, but if one was placed in front of me, I'd probably be able to give it a lil' tinkle and rustle up some sort of tune. For the most part, I played by ear, mimicking stuff I heard on TV (so... mainly TV theme tunes, of which I'm quite good at a few!). But, if needs be, I can read sheet music. At least... I hope I still can! Like I say, it's been a while.

When I was younger, I really wanted to learn the saxophone. Maybe I'll pick it up later in life but, to be honest, I think that ship has kinda sailed, unfortunately. Ah well...

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I can play Clarinet (been playing for 7 years, had a teacher for a bout 2 1/2 years)
I've been playing alto sax for about one year now..

I can play some piano, I'm not very good yet, but I can play a bit!

And I can play a very very very little bit of trumpet (gosh it's hard!)

And some flute as well! (I'm actually fairly good considering I hardly ever play, and it's all self-taught [I've played the flute maybe 10 times in my life and I can play tunes])

I can also play the recorder.

And I can sing... if you count that as an instrument

Back