• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickamina

Veteran Trainer
Years
okay, this is driving me CRAZY. i want to add more signs to my towns. I can do that, the problem is how to get them into advanced text so i can write what they say. can anybody help?

Use Advance Map.
It's the easiest way to do it. Seriously.

From there you can add new events including signposts and simply edit or make new scripts with a script editor like PKSV.

A script for a signpost in PKSV would look something like this (if I were to do it):
Spoiler:

I hope that helps a little.

Amabane~*

Hard Boiled Shinigami
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2022
I need the following offsets for Pokémon Emerald (U), for use with RS Ball (or Tile Layer Pro):

MonsterShinyPals
MonsterBackPics
FontGFX
FontWidths

Thanks in advance for any help!

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
I have a few questions

1. How do I change the options for your rival's default names

2. I have a glitch in one of my hacks and don't know what caused it or how to fix it. It is not game stopping but in every battle the whole battle is changed. You simply pick a move, give and receive damage. There is no " XXX used Tackle." or whatever.

Thanks for your time

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Ok, this really beginning to frustrate me. HackMew's A-Trainer won't work and I have absolutely no idea why.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Ok, this really beginning to frustrate me. HackMew's A-Trainer won't work and I have absolutely no idea why.

Nor do I.

How about telling us exactly what you're doing and what's happening? :/

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
hi, i have a question about gb/gbc: do you know the sprite compression algorithm in blue/red and in gold/silver? I ask this because i'd like to put some gold pokemon in pokemon blue and change some pokemon blue sprites with the corresponding of gold (for example change old caterpie sprite with gold-silver caterpie sprite).
Thank you in advance for help

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
Does anyone know how to edit the default name selections for the player and rival in FireRed without AdvanceText? I couldn't find the names in my hex editor, so I'm at a loss as to how to do this.

Years

warp... script? What's that and how do I make one? Is it regular scripting for in the game? (like to get in the buildings and stuff?) Or is it like making AR codes? I think I understand what you're saying.

A warp script, as in a script that makes you warp somewhere. I can't script adequately yet, so I wont say more for fear of leading you astray with incorrect information.
Also, for future reference, I wouldn't associate AR codes with hacking- you'll only confuse yourself.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Nor do I.

How about telling us exactly what you're doing and what's happening? :/

I got this error
20100509|211134|5.1.2600|0.9.1|DrawTile8|9|modLZ77|Subscript out of range|3

And it kept popping up, no matter how many times I clicked "Ignore." And I tried it with a clean ROM, with both Fire Red and Ruby, nothing has worked.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2010
A little bit of help

Fire Red
Pokescript

I got into doing scripting and im doing quite well but i just want to seek someones advice.

Im using the pokemon fire red rom and im trying to do a script simular to when oak comes to the player when trying to leave pallet town with no pokemon. what im trying to do is when i stand on a script block i want a person to be seen and walk over to me. how ever i want him to be hidden like prof oak is before the script is activated ive tried to put the sprite as hidden in advancedmaps and when scripting use showsprite command but it just runs the script with the script hidden.

can anyone help

thanks
jon
progress.gif

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
Sorry for this newbish question, but how does one open an .ips or .aps file? I've downloaded some games from the Hack Showcase but my emulator won't open them.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
Is there any tool I can use to edit the ability names? I want to decapitalise EVERYTHING in this new hack, and using a hex editor would be incredibly time-consuming, but that's what I'll do if there's no other way.

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2011
I'm using advance map and i wont to add in extra towns and extra buildings. It doesn't matter if the extra towns dont go on the map, but i want to know how to add in warp pads so i can get it so i can get in the building and how to put in extra towns. Please reply asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back