• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IPad Mini w/ Retina display delayed?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Not good for our friends at Apple... but I'm sure they'll turn it around. They always do.

How could a product that hasn't seen an official announcement be facing delays? It's a puzzling tale, that's a certainty. Still, rumors of a pixel-packed iPad mini have been making the rounds for a while, and, frankly, we don't expect the stream to slow down anytime soon. Now, Taiwanese publication Economic Daily News is reporting that Apple's having trouble lining up displays that meet Retina standards, making it difficult for the company to launch its 7.9-inch tablet ahead of this year's upcoming holiday season. Interestingly enough, the publication also says Apple plans to release the iPad mini with different screen resolutions come next refresh -- one of them being a lower-end, non-Retina model. Will we see a new iPad mini around its first anniversary? Maybe two? Oh, the waiting game...

Source: Engadget

I think this will be a problem for Apple -- Google's rumored Nexus 7 refresh is due to come out this July and the last one sold like hotcakes. Do you think Apple will be able to make a come back against Google and other tablet manufacturers?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm not sure if it's just me, but these latest updates from Apple seem to be just upgrades (like UPGRADED RETINA DISPLAY, UPDATED iOS, etc). I'm waiting for something new. I'm hoping this new iPad mini that's coming soon exceeds my expectation of a new tablet. Apple's got a bit more time left, I know it.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
It's not just you. Many people want something fresh from Apple but they are just 'upgrading' to keep pace with their competitors right now. Sadly, they haven't had much innovation lately. :(

Years
The closest thing to "fresh" from Apple right now would be the new Mac Pro, which is cylindrical in design. But yeah, I'd agree that Apple is rather conservative when it comes to general physical design of their products.

Years
The new Mac Pro is ok looking. Less space taken up for sure!

If the iPad Mini comes in Retina, I'd probs buy one. Let's hope they do release it

Back