• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Master_Bait

にょろーん~
Years
Just wanna ask something. Is it possible to patch another Emerald-only patch over a CrystalDust-patched ROM? (for example: patching a Moemon Emerald patch over the CD-patched rom)

Years
Hey, i found a glitch. Talking to the scientist at the 3rd floor of the radio tower lower left corner, will turn the screen dark red and corrupt music beeps will play on the backround.

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
It's been a bit since I updated, but I must say that Shiny Quagsire did a lot of good work on the intro!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
I have a slight problem with the Pokegear... Whenever I talk to people who give me their phone numbers (Hiker on R33 or Bug Catcher on Route 34), it says in the text box i got their number, but when i check the pokegear, their names aren't there

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Nice another update hope to see more soon
;)
Sounds delicious :D Brought a tear to my eye.
Well all right then, I'm not one to judge others based on which sense they can taste with. XD
This looks really nice ;O;

gonna have to add it to my list lol
Awesome!
another update, i hope it finished the kanto quest already.

more ups to come :)
Nope, no Kanto quest, sorry.
Even after patching it up with fresh emerald(U) it doesn't work.! Why.!
Might be your save settings if it's a white screen when you boot up the ROM.
Just wanna ask something. Is it possible to patch another Emerald-only patch over a CrystalDust-patched ROM? (for example: patching a Moemon Emerald patch over the CD-patched rom)
It depends on if the two hacks overwrite each other's space. In this case, it seems very likely.
Maybe you could make 2 versions - one official-seeming and one with custom things (Mikachu, newer Pokémon from Gen 3, etc...)
Too much work to make the game branch.
Anxiously waiting for complete Kanto! :) This is my favorite hack
Thanks for the comment!
I'm so excited to see beta 3! Kanto! Kanto! Kanto!
Not for a while, sorry.
What i want to see more than Kanto is the new storyline in Sevii Islands xD
Hehehe, that's going to be fun!
Hey, i found a glitch. Talking to the scientist at the 3rd floor of the radio tower lower left corner, will turn the screen dark red and corrupt music beeps will play on the backround.
Fixed in this version.
Great hack! Hope to see Kanto soon!
Not soon, but you will see it in the future.
It's been a bit since I updated, but I must say that Shiny Quagsire did a lot of good work on the intro!
Yeah, it's awesome!
I have a slight problem with the Pokegear... Whenever I talk to people who give me their phone numbers (Hiker on R33 or Bug Catcher on Route 34), it says in the text box i got their number, but when i check the pokegear, their names aren't there
That's normal. I haven't programmed the trainers into the Pokégear yet.

Bags 'n Bugs - 11/17/2013

CrystalDust_malebag.png
CrystalDust_femalebag.png

Pretty small update today:

• The bags have gotten a new coat of paint, especially the female bag (which was broken in the bag update).
  • Various bugs have been fixed from reports by various people.
As always, the download link's in the first post!

Last edited:
Years
Hey! Diego,
What about the Ruins of Alph puzzle? Will you be able to implement the fully working ROA puzzle in the next beta or in future updates? I kinda miss them as they were really fun... It will make the hack more authentic...
BTW, the CrystalDust is getting more & more authentic with every little update & effort that you put in this project, making it the most accurate & authentic Pokemon Crystal GBA remake till date... Great work dude, keep it up...
We fully support Pokemon CrystalDust and admire & appreciate your hard work, effort & dedication... Good luck with the project...
Best Regards!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
I checked, and the moemon emerald patch works. Just apply it to a clean Emerald rom, and then apply the Crystal Dust patch.
Edit: I spoke too soon. Some encounters cause the game to freeze.

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Thanks for the update new bags look nice
No problem, and thanks!
Hey! Diego,
What about the Ruins of Alph puzzle? Will you be able to implement the fully working ROA puzzle in the next beta or in future updates? I kinda miss them as they were really fun... It will make the hack more authentic...
BTW, the CrystalDust is getting more & more authentic with every little update & effort that you put in this project, making it the most accurate & authentic Pokemon Crystal GBA remake till date... Great work dude, keep it up...
We fully support Pokemon CrystalDust and admire & appreciate your hard work, effort & dedication... Good luck with the project...
Best Regards!
The Ruins of Alph are actually being worked on by someone right now. No idea when they'll be done.
I checked, and the moemon emerald patch works. Just apply it to a clean Emerald rom, and then apply the Crystal Dust patch.
Edit: I spoke too soon. Some encounters cause the game to freeze.
Yeah, as to be expected. Hacks use the same free space, so something's bound to get overwritten.
OK, there goes my dreams hopes of original content. (It's still cool, hack is still better than a certain L------ Crystal.
Why do you think there won't be any original content? I think you're forgetting the Sevii Islands. ;)

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Can't wait for this to be released.
If you can pull this off as well as Game Freak would have made it (meaning no errors in the scripting, every animation working fine, everything working perfectly; Game Freak-quality basically):
bow.gif

So many current rom hacks have errors in their scripts that kind of break the immersion for me, I'm having trouble finding one I like.

Last edited:

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
Do you think there won't be any original content? I think you're forgetting the Sevii Islands. ;)

Well, then why are you complaining on something so simple (I think, Mikachu) but you're adding huge things? (Sevii Islands) Mikachu's sprite is even in the intro already! Meh, still cool. Better than Liquid C------.

Last edited:
Back