• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah seeing the DNA splicers would make a lot of sense, and it could even need to be used on the legendaries - what if they were the merging of two Pokemon, too?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
What happens about Black/White Kyruem? Will you be able to get the DNA splicer again? How do you think that will work out? Also, almost everything classified as "news" so far, is from the Fakemon Tumblr page, so don't trust it unless its actually Coro Coro, or Nintendo. I'm definitely a fire type guy, my favorites being Typhlosion/Rapidash/Arcanine. I will just pray to god it's not a bipedal fox similar to Zoroark... I personally would not mind an updated Ninetales...maybe a Fire/Ground type? There are so many awesome Fakemon, I hope GF will live up to their fanbase. I also have one last question, how do you all personally think other game's legendaries will tie into the post-campaign game? How would stationary legendaries look in the world, will you be able to get all legendaries through this generation similar to the previous generation's many legendary encounters?

The DNA splicers will appear as a post game Key Item. Rotom's form change items reappeared in gen 5 and Deoxys' form change item reappeared in both gens 4 and 5. They'll keep the item or give Kyurem a new way to form change like Deoxys did between Gens 3 and 4. Keldeo and Shaymin as well. (Really since Shaymin's key item appeared in Gen 5, we have a pretty good chance kyurem's will in Gen 6.

EDIT: where did the "they're remaking Red and Blue" come from? Thats really hard to believe any such leak was made with X and Y still in development.

Last edited:

tnfsf11

To make random encounters less irritating, they should quickly display the Pokemon (like in the trailer) then prompt me if I wanna fight or not by pressing a button (A: Yes, B: No).
What do you think?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
To make random encounters less irritating, they should quickly display the Pokemon (like in the trailer) then prompt me if I wanna fight or not by pressing a button (A: Yes, B: No).
What do you think?

That'd be too simple imo. They want it to be annoying to us, not really simple that'd take only a few seconds ;_;

(I do hope, though).

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
What do you think?

It'd be certainly nice if they did that~ It'll make encounters much more easy to deal with. Then again, would that reduce the need for Repels? And I'm worried that if they did implement this, that sometimes if I encounter, say, a shiny milotic, I might accidentally press 'B', and then I'll be forced to throw my 3DS out the window.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Hmm...with the way the battle sequences appeared in the trailer I'm concerned this is gonna be the slowest Generation in terms of battling.

What do you guys think? I love the 3D animations and models but I think it's going to slow everything down (time-wise because we know the 3DS can easily handle the models so I don't mean hardware).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe there'll be a way to skip past the beginning animation of a battle and skip to the actual thing for those of us who don't want to wait every single time for it to begin. Cause if this is slow those of us who go back and play gen V, or even IV,and III will think they're fast, especially V.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Yea, I recently went from Pokemon Black to HeartGold and maaaannn, Gen V is blazing fast compared to IV (even if it's Platinum)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Or you know, like Regigigas, they do something funky and give us the Original Dragon this gen. Perhaps the genetic's story would allow the evil team or professor to juice up the splicers, and allow all 3 to fuse.

Years
Or you know, like Regigigas, they do something funky and give us the Original Dragon this gen. Perhaps the genetic's story would allow the evil team or professor to juice up the splicers, and allow all 3 to fuse.
I've been wanting this to happen since the generation was announced. Perhaps the games take place after B2W2 and the evil team heard about Ghetsis' using the splicers creating an even more powerful pokemon, the evil team could decide to create the ultimate dragon, however they can't find the dragons, giving us the item instead during post game. Than we could go and run into the BW protagonist (depending on version, Hilda with Reshiram for X, and Hilbert with Zekrom for Y) who gives us their legend after their defeat. Than like Kyogre and Groudon in HgSs, if one trades the other into the game it'll cause Kyurem to appear, who thus reacts with the advance DNA splicer and snatches both of them away from you (yikes a battle of 4 pokemon versus a possible Arceus level mon...) than attacks you.

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
I wonder what kind of Pokemon that would be? o: Kyurem was the remains after all, after Reshiram and Zekrom split, right? So what would happened if we fused all three?

...Then again, I feel that resulting Pokemon would just be too ridiculously powerful to even comprehend. XD

I can see it now, the all powerful, yet elusive, PANDA KYUREM! (Heh, white, black, and Asian!) It might look like a giant greyscale T .Rex covered in feathers with tiny little ice arms, and a giant Zekrom tail with a laundry machine-like vortex of electric blue and fiery flames. That would be pretty freaking awesome....or what if you could fuse Kyogre/Groudon?! Or Dialga/Palkia?! Kyodon and Dialkia lol

(Edit) Or what if they copied ideas from previous antagonists, whereas you can capture Primal Dialga and Shadow Lugia!?! OMG ME WANT.

Last edited:

Years
I can see it now, the all powerful, yet elusive, PANDA KYUREM! (Heh, white, black, and Asian!) It might look like a giant greyscale T .Rex covered in feathers with tiny little ice arms, and a giant Zekrom tail with a laundry machine-like vortex of electric blue and fiery flames. That would be pretty freaking awesome....or what if you could fuse Kyogre/Groudon?! Or Dialga/Palkia?! Kyodon and Dialkia lol
If they did that for past legends I'll imagine it being Rayogre, Raydon, Giralga, and Gilkia...however Dialkia would be fun to see considering the statue in Eterna seems to me how it'll look.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I'd be too mesmerized within the battles to actually care whether or not the battles themselves have actually slowed down, to be honest. .___. Would it really be that bad, though? I'm hoping the 3D battling wouldn't come with such a heavy price, after all...

I think it's something we've all been ignoring but could very well be an actual fault of Gen VI. Those battle sequences looked awesome and flashy but they took forever. Imagine grinding just before the Elite 4 with that kind of stuff, or going into a cave and running into a lot of Pokemon....

OH DEAR LORD

1339613782626.png

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
Except Kyogre and Groudon would forever at least be mortal enemies, so I don't really see that happening. XD Same thing with Dialga and Palkia. I think Reshiram/Zekrom are more like....old friends or something, rather than rivals, like the old legendaries? At least imo, that what would make the fusion possible, other than the fact that they used to be merged anyway.

Well...once calmed by Rayquaza, Kyogre and Groudon seemed to tolerate each other... and aren't Zekrom/Reshiram two separate halves, symbolizing the opposite of the other?

ALSO-me still want Primal Dialga/Shadow Lugia/Shadow Pokemon...

Last edited:

Years
Except Kyogre and Groudon would forever at least be mortal enemies, so I don't really see that happening. XD Same thing with Dialga and Palkia. I think Reshiram/Zekrom are more like....old friends or something, rather than rivals, like the old legendaries? At least imo, that what would make the fusion possible, other than the fact that they used to be merged anyway.
Actually Dialga and Palkia aren't enemies, that was an anime thing...another common confusion people have between the games canon and anime canon. The two would've fought it out in Mt.Coronet if they were.

You're right about Reshiram and Zekrom though, those two seem to friends, the same with Kyurem and them seeing how they felt what it felt.
I'm also terrified...victory road will certainly take awhile, now I'm hoping that the first route isn't too long or it'll take some time to get to the first new city...

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

I've always thought that Zekrom and Reshiram were sort of two sides of the same coin. They both had specific yet conflicting ideals, but they were both right in their own way. That's what I'm sort of betting on with Xerneas and Yveltal. Did they both have conflicting yet correct ideals? Were they destined to fight? I guess that remains to be seen.

Thinking about it, legendary pokemon are quite complex beings, you know? Not for their strength, but for their way of thinking compared to the other majority of pokemon. Could these new legendary pokemon manifest a willpower that would not appeal to ethical tastes? I do wonder what Xerneas and Yveltal will represent in terms of the pokemon world and X & Y story.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
@Elendil: yea, time to stock up on repels, super repels, and max repels.... hah

....Now you just terrified me for life. XD Especially during really long caves like Victory Road. @_@ I don't think they'll do that to us....at least, hopefully not...

It's scary to think about but it's something to consider sadly ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back