• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkkk

Shiny Gold Fan
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2012
Wow! This hack is great! do you think that the new demo will be finished at the end of this month? I've played the first demo five times, I actually love it. The g/s/c versions are my favourites pokemon games but today I never want to play them because of the graphics, so a remake version is my dream!
Good look.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2008
On a side note..

I like the work that has been done on this hack so far; definately reminds me of Johto. Also, the new rival is pretty interesting.

Was I the only one who noticed the Mawille in Union Cave?

sahil

Mewtwo Hunter
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2007
are you sure you're gonna make the surfingsprite by yourself.
because it is very hard to make lapras.

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2023
I think Shiny Gold is the best hack remake of GS, but I just don't like the overworld sprite of the hero, definetly don't look like GS hero, especially the hair's color...that's the only problem.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 6, 2024
if you read the zel's previous posts you can see why

great hack so far zel

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
Years
Hey There Carlos!

I have downloaded the demo and I am impressed by your high-quality scripting!

I love it and I wish with all my heart this game gets finished (wish I had it on a cartridge so I can play it without computer but oh well) and I have something for you

I have remapped New Bark Town. You can use it if you like (I used AdvanceMap to change the beta map to this one).

Hope you like it

zomgnewbarkwu1.png

If youd like to use this map, feel free to :)

Cheers

Snrub

EDIT: If you'd like me to do some fixes to other maps, just ask (also, have you recieved my PM?)

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
Hey There Carlos!

I have downloaded the demo and I am impressed by your high-quality scripting!

I love it and I wish with all my heart this game gets finished (wish I had it on a cartridge so I can play it without computer but oh well) and I have something for you

I have remapped New Bark Town. You can use it if you like (I used AdvanceMap to change the beta map to this one).

Hope you like it

zomgnewbarkwu1.png

If youd like to use this map, feel free to :)

Cheers

Snrub

EDIT: If you'd like me to do some fixes to other maps, just ask (also, have you recieved my PM?)

hey thats quite good mapping

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Why, thanks all of you for your comments. Couldnt answer before since I was busy. I dont have too much time right now, so I'll post again later (or maybe edit this post).

For now, you should know that I finished spriting the whole set for the hero. I have made the hero ride the lapras, but it may not look good when you're surfing & then fishing. Anyway, I wont change it right now, so that's gonna stay for the next beta.

Oh, and dont judge too much the version1, I've already fixed a few things in the next version (I've also edited my own New Bark, I'll show it when the time comes)

Well, I'll edit this later to answer a few questions (I dont see many anyway). Let's try to avoid any further controversies, if I use anyones sprites, I need to know who they belong to. Thank you!

[EDIT]
I said I would edit this post (my 100th!). I'll answer a few questions:

First - Is it possible to avoid spoiling the poke showing up? Just wondering... (at least put a spoiler tag...)
Second - Avoid asking me about releases dates. I've made a section in my very first post which explains that the game or screenshots are released when I reach my "goals".
Third - I'm doing the "basic" mapping myself. Probably I'll need some help from more experienced mappers to fix my maps, but NOT until I finish the game.
Fourth - I'm inserting and editing maps, but I'm not paying attention to problems like "cant use Escape Rope". Many items and key items wont work ok in some maps, that's for sure. (That goes to my list of future fixes for next Beta)
Fifth - to Hellcat, I hope you dont like the old hero OW, cause its changed in the new version. Well, not that I'm gonna change it again, anyway.
Sixth - Just saying thanks to everyone's posts!

Now, just as I'm starting to take screenshots, I think I'll post just a little few, since it was quite some time since I last posted some. Here you go:

image03dm1.png
image05by4.png
image08gk3.png

Not the best ones, I'm still taking more screenshots (just I'm starting to play the game again). In case you're wondering, the third screenshot only shows that I fixed that the hero could walk behind houses.:classic:

Last edited:

sahil

Mewtwo Hunter
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2007
if you still need a mapper, im will be glad to help you out. (just to let you know) ;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
Thanks :) I'd have used the original Lab, but those top tiles have that lighter green on them. It's stick out like a sore thumb so I used the gatehouse tiles.

Thanks for the compliment :)

Snrrrrub

P.S I have to be good at mapping, I can't do anything else :P

Its good but I think you could have done better with the lab

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I'm posting the latest updates I've made. The new stuff will be posted as soon as I reach Cianwood.

image02mp9.png
image04bi0.png
image07hv0.png

I'll skip the Lighthouse so I can reach Cianwood faster, and start to post the new screenshots (I have gathered a good amount!). Then, I'll go back and map and script the Lighthouse.

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
Years
Zel, the new hero sprite (him throwing the ball) is good but I think it needs a black outline.

Your scripting ability is incredible (if I was given a hex-editor, scripted, rubikon etc. I wouldn't have a clue what to do with them :P) and I believe that this hack will be finished.

You should nominate this for Hack of the Year mate.

First prize, first prize, first prize....

:D

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Dont know about that, to me it looks ok. (Besides, I dont think FR's hero back had a black outline, anyway)

Well, I post the last screenshots I had just to show a few fixes and tile changes. Starting from tomorrow (today... Well, after I get some sleep, you get the idea...), the new screenshots.

image06ql2.png
image09rm5.png
image10fs3.png

Sharanza

Returning: Platinum Silver
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2007
wow.
i love this hack
screens are really good
i love those tiles
who made them?

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Are you going to replace the RSE/FRLG Pokeballs that have got special abilities with the Apricornballs? Would be cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back