• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TROLL IN THE SANDSTORM

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Not the internet troll, this kind of troll.

Anyways, I made this team because I was bored and because I had no team for the release tourney. I've modified it since then though and put a few more Pokemon here and there and also changed movesets around a bit.

248.gif

Dobby (Tyranitar) (M) @ Focus Sash Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 88 SAtk / 168 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Payback
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave

I forget why I gave this beast the nickname "Dobby" since Dobby is a small free elf and Tyranitar is a big Pokemon. Maybe its because Dobby is a very great elf. Yeah, that's why. :)

Anyways, I use Tyranitar because of Oppo's suggestion. I haven't had the moment where Tyranitar haven't successfully put Stealth Rock on the field. A useful one this Pokemon is. Fire Blast is there for Ferrothorn who thinks it can troll Tyranitar, and Forretress too. Thunder Wave is there because its very useful for my two trolls. It lessens need for speed, which troll #1 needs in order to successfully sweep. All in all a great Pokemon as a lead.

645.gif

Troll #1 (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hammer Arm

Landorus. I wonder why I don't see this Pokemon too much in sand teams. You might be thinking "Garchomp > Landorus", maybe you're right. But I chose Landorus still. I'm thinking if replacing it with Garchomp though, but I just can't turn down an 80% boosted Earthquake. Hammer Arm is there because on a +2 speed, it will outspeed Excadrill and hit it with Hammer Arm. I'm not that entirely sure though.

530.gif

Troll #2 (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Return

Do I even have to explain this?

251.gif

Hermione (Celebi) @ Life Orb Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Oppo mentioned something about NP Celebi, asking if it was any good in this gen. Me being curious, I decided to try it. It gave me good results, tbh. And Conkeldurr is not much of a thread anymore with this wizard around.

479%20WF.gif

Harry (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SAtk / 128 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Pain Split

In my opinion, Rotom-W is the MVP of this team. The glue of the team, that without it the team would be ruined. Also, in my opinion only Rotom-W is the only Rotom forme that benefited greatly from the type change. Standard Rotom-W set, because it works so damn well.

485.gif

Ron (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SAtk / 12 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Rock]

I don't even know where I got this set but man is it good. But it's not that great though. If there are any suggestions for a different Fire-type/different Heatran set then I'll gladly take it.

So that's my team that needs help. Rate/hate/steal.

Credits for the images goes to Arkeis and Dialgafans.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
IMO, Hammer Arm is redundant with Earthquake and Stone Edge on Landorus, even though I understand you want to hit Balloon Excadrill. Over that, Swords Dance can be considered so Landorus can function as a double-dancer (Swords Dance against defensive teams and Rock Polish against offensive ones). You can also use U-turn to scout your opponent.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
IMO, Hammer Arm is redundant with Earthquake and Stone Edge on Landorus, even though I understand you want to hit Balloon Excadrill. Over that, Swords Dance can be considered so Landorus can function as a double-dancer (Swords Dance against defensive teams and Rock Polish against offensive ones). You can also use U-turn to scout your opponent.
I know that, but double dance is kinda redundant imo. I will give it a try though, same goes with U-turn.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
The Rock Polish set should have HP Ice over Hammer Arm and Naive for Gliscor so Excadrill can sweep after you lure it in.

Ryukouki

BW Metagame Player
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2011
I actually like the team! I am actually gonna try it out today! Thanks for posting... Although I swear I saw it on other sites before like Pokebeach and smogon! :D

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I actually like the team! I am actually gonna try it out today! Thanks for posting... Although I swear I saw it on other sites before like Pokebeach and smogon! :D

A lot of teams have a combination of Tyranitar and Landorus/Excadrill because Tyranitar sets up the sand that makes those two effective. Hence why you probably saw some similar teams.

Ryukouki

BW Metagame Player
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2011
Nahh, I recall seeing the EXACT same teamname elsewhere on one of those Pokemon forums haha!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
That's just the team name. The Pokemon shouldn't be the same. :|
If it is, then I'm pretty sure I didn't steal this team.

Back