• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
megiddo said:
How can I tell? And it looks weird when I make it 64 x 64.

You have to make an assumption or just add blocks of each colour used next to the sprite.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2008
Well if you look after Celebi there is some extra space, you can see this by looking at Advance Map or even RS Ball. There should be at least 25 ?? Pokemon, glitch Pokemon that R/S/E/FR/LG has added into the game. You can edit those and add in there new data using hex.

oh ok that's what I wanted to know, appreciate it

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2018
dont know if this belongs here since its pretty much pokemon hacking only but

but what rom hacking tools are needed to change the megaman roms? for GBA

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
Years
How do I make people disappear like when you pick up an item, the pokeball disappears? 0x60 only makes the sprite disappear but you can still talk to the person.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
How do I make people disappear like when you pick up an item, the pokeball disappears? 0x60 only makes the sprite disappear but you can still talk to the person.

I believe you have to something about inserrting a flag so that it will be a one-time event. You should be able to find a scripting tutorial anywhere that tells you how to do it properly.

Also, can somebody please tell me where to find the script (not Offset) for the Poocheyena event with Prof. Birch at the start of Ruby Version. I want to edit it so that when I interact with the bag, I'm automatically given a certain Pokemon instead of choosing one, and so that after you pick the item, a battle will start.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Code:
#raw 53
#raw [peopleNumber]
#raw 00
setflag [peopleID]
You need the above in the pokeball script.

I believe you have to something about inserrting a flag so that it will be a one-time event. You should be able to find a scripting tutorial anywhere that tells you how to do it properly.

Also, can somebody please tell me where to find the script (not Offset) for the Poocheyena event with Prof. Birch at the start of Ruby Version. I want to edit it so that when I interact with the bag, I'm automatically given a certain Pokemon instead of choosing one, and so that after you pick the item, a battle will start.
Just check the offset of the scripts leading out of the first town. Although you'll need a bit of experience in hex to be able to change it, I doubt you'll be able to decompile it in ScriptEd or something.

Does anyone know what the give item code for the original pokedex for fire red is?
I know the national dex is special 0x16F...
Thanks...​
It's not and item code it's a flag:
0x828 - Pokemon menu
0x829 - PokeDEX menu
0x82F - Running Shoes

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
Just check the offset of the scripts leading out of the first town. Although you'll need a bit of experience in hex to be able to change it, I doubt you'll be able to decompile it in ScriptEd or something.

I think I've got it now. I just need to link together multiple scripts, in this case, a Yes/no, give Pokemon, and wild pokemon encounter script all in one. Unfortunately, I don't have a clue how to script events in relation to each other (such as Birch taking you back to his lab after you beat that Pokemon). Could somebody post a proper Yes/No script, as the ones in tutorials I've looked in are wrong (at least in the No response), along with a tip or two on how to script events.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
Years
Praise be, people of the community! I come to you today bearing a question.

Is it possible to script it so that the player's sprite changes? And, i don't mean sprite editing, like turning his jacket black. I mean, at some point during the game, a script activates and your character turns into a pokemon. is that feasable, or am I wasting my time.

Again, i don't mean sprite editing. I know perfectly well how to change the sprite (and i mean, just import the new sprite over the old one) but i need it to switch to using another sprite so i can gain the desired effect of a transformation.

Last edited:

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
I'm not 100% sure. I think it should be possible if your script has you reload your current map, but with different sprites for the protagonist. However, if you want this to last over the course of game and not just one section, I can't help you there.

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
hey... i'm having problems with Mid2agb, I've followed two tutorials: one off youtube and one of here. both of them failed.

Everytime i try and convert i get a strange error message...
http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errormessagelo2.png
What's happening and how can i fix it... i got so many good soundtracks to put on my hack and they wont work...

if you know whats wrong, could u pm me?

Last edited:

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
Years
Code:
#raw 53
#raw [peopleNumber]
#raw 00
setflag [peopleID]
You need the above in the pokeball script.

Umm just to be sure I get this, lets say the pokeball is people id 3
so in the script would I put:
Code:
#raw 53
#raw 03
#raw 00
setflag 0x03
or would the setflag be a normal flag like 0x200 etc.?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
hi all have a problem... there is this lucario sprite (both front and back)i want to insert into a pokemon ruby rom, i have set the png pic to 64*64 and set it to 16 colours, have insert it into empty offsets using unlz-gba and using gs-ball have redirect a pokemon slot to the offsets, but the images both front and back always came out garbled! Is the image not indexed properly, or have i miss out an important step or wat? Any help appreciated!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Umm just to be sure I get this, lets say the pokeball is people id 3
so in the script would I put:
Code:
#raw 53
#raw 03
#raw 00
setflag 0x03
or would the setflag be a normal flag like 0x200 etc.?
There is a difference between People Number and People ID. The People ID is down the bottom. If I assume that the people number is 3 and 0x200 is unused you would have:
Code:
#raw 53
#raw 03
#raw 00
setflag 0x200
and in the People ID box you would have 0200.

hi all have a problem... there is this lucario sprite (both front and back)i want to insert into a pokemon ruby rom, i have set the png pic to 64*64 and set it to 16 colours, have insert it into empty offsets using unlz-gba and using gs-ball have redirect a pokemon slot to the offsets, but the images both front and back always came out garbled! Is the image not indexed properly, or have i miss out an important step or wat? Any help appreciated!
It's difficult to say what went wrong without a picture. Maybe you forgot to import and repoint the pallete?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
i was thinking it could be a pallette prob... when i import my image to unlz-gba i could see a lot of colour pallettes on the bottom right hand side. how do i import and repoint the palettes and ensure it is fully indexed?

here an image, only the front:
lucariousethishk6.png

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
i was thinking it could be a pallette prob... when i import my image to unlz-gba i could see a lot of colour pallettes on the bottom right hand side. how do i import and repoint the palettes and ensure it is fully indexed?

here an image, only the front:
lucariousethishk6.png

It's not properly indexed:

330y4rb.png

There should only be 16 colours in one line, but as you can see they are all over the place. Indexing can be very difficult if you don't have professional graphic editing software.

If you want to use my Lucario you can:
10qgh9t.png
8zgrk2.png

Another mistake you made is the background colour, it must be not be used anywhere else and must appear first in the pallete.

To insert the image:
xmu9f6.png

DONOT use the values I have in the textbox, make sure there is empty space there first. Also don't export both the image and pallete at the same time, insert the image first then using a hex editor go to the offset you inserted it in then find the offset of the next free space (FFFF value) and export the pallete into that offset. Then just put them into RS Ball, or alternatively use Darthatrons Pokemon Editor.
1z2giom.png

Sorry for the long and unorganised post... it's late

EDIT: If you or anyone else needs an indexed and resized image PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back