• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
My Cindaquil can't evolve in the latest beta, I train it on lv.14 beforegoing to MR. Pokemon and then the evolution screen comes, normal until it should change in quilava, then the screen turns to normal color and in the box it says "...?"

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
Great hack zel... I just wanna know... what keeps you motivated to keep hacking?
im just curious cos i tried hacking but it was really tiring, i gave up easily i guess... hehe

EDIT: BTW I NOTICED THAT IF YOU WALK IN FRONT OF THE ICE PATH (on the blue floor).. YOU CAN CATCH WILD POKEMON... I dunno if that classifies as a glitch... but just thought i'd let ya know ;)

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
jj_olli: Of course it won't evolve, Johto pokes cannot evolve till you get the POKéDEX from Prof.Oak at Mr.Pokemon's House (telling the truth, he gives you the Nat.Dex, which is required to make the Johto pokes evolve). I'm not sure if it also happens with the Hoenn pokes? Can someone confirm this?

darkkchildd: I'm always motivated because I'm fed up with not having a Gold Remake. That's way I'll support every G/S Remake that's out there, hoping they became finished! (And of course, I'm doing all I can to make mine complete hehe...)

NICE! More Good News! Finally I understood the deal with the "evil" trees. Seems they need a Cut/Rock Smash sprite close (and it doesn't matter if they are "Hidden"), because the script that makes the pokes appear require that the animation on those kind of sprites should be executed.
Meaning? I'm gonna be putting extra hidden Cut trees close by the areas with Heabutt Trees, you may notice the classic animation when you are cutting a tree (not the tree itself, just the animation, remember the trees are gonna be "Hidden"), but, hey! at least the Headbutt Trees will work 100% safe! I'd need to insert extra sprites... That, for Friday...

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
Years
Yay... no more evil trees.

Now imagine there was a season change.
Every time a few days go by a new season comes, Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.
Just joking. I'll try to get onto that when a real Diamond/Pearl rom comes and tools to hack it with, and when i learn how to script.

Ahegil

The Breeder Chick
Years
  • Seen May 30, 2016
2z8te6d.png

thats a problem fix it pease

Years
Aghil, please describe that screenshot.

Anyway, glad to see you are working on getting the headbutt trees working right. Keep up the good work!

Law07

<--Kaboom-->
Years
Hey class make.

Just need to fix the glitches as there are loads. But a great game comes with great effort ;)

When do you estimate the full version will be released?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Hey zel, found a glitch. It said something about Ard in the first post but, it wasn't very specific. I battled Ard once in National Park and everything went fine. However, I reloaded my savestate and battled him again and... after the battle... he went to the right instead of down. He crashes the game too. Here's a screenie.

Ard glitch.PNG See? Just a heads up. I love beta3 so far. The Berry Trees are very useful. Good job.

Joe Fantasy

Fantasy Raider
Years
i could care less about misty, im talking about the "ash and gary" part, it doesnt make sense to why zel should consider taking their anime names, since game names, are more important. At least to the remake.

Lol, oh ok. That was just an idea since it would make the game seem cooler...

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Originally posted by zel
I'm not sure if it also happens with the Hoenn pokes? Can someone confirm this?

They evolve fine if you have the Nat. Dex. Don't worry. But if you don't have Nat. then the ...? screen comes up.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
I believe that is the girl protaganist. If so, then DON'T USE HER. She is messed up due to the palette change, and Zel hasn't gotten around to changing her.

stunt296

~The Official Stunt Master~
Years
Wow...I havn't been on PC in a REALLY long time...I only came to get some utilities for the hack I'm going to make. It's gonna be a hack with all 3 regions(Nice eh?). Anyways, I thought I'd drop by the Hack Showcase and yea...I saw this. It looks really good, by my opinion, the best G/S remake I've seen. So keep up the good work! You guys are already at Blackthorn wich is pretty far. It IS half way through the game, that is if you are going to add Kanto. But it still looks awesome at the moment. I'm gonna try it man. See how it is. Hopefully you'll add Kanto. I want Lugia :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Wow...I havn't been on PC in a REALLY long time...I only came to get some utilities for the hack I'm going to make. It's gonna be a hack with all 3 regions(Nice eh?). Anyways, I thought I'd drop by the Hack Showcase and yea...I saw this. It looks really good, by my opinion, the best G/S remake I've seen. So keep up the good work! You guys are already at Blackthorn wich is pretty far. It IS half way through the game, that is if you are going to add Kanto. But it still looks awesome at the moment. I'm gonna try it man. See how it is. Hopefully you'll add Kanto. I want Lugia :P

Of course it is, but I wouldn't say it's half-way, because Kanto ain't too long, unless Zel plans to add some more events and what-not in Kanto, which hopefully he can. But he's defiantely too far ahead to give up now! Really this remake is full of surprises! :)

OK, so I've patched everything and now i need to open the modified rom and its telling me that it still needs to look up the file that created it. Can someone help me?

SG's a hack of FireRed, so get a clean copy of FireRed, put it in the same folder as that SG patch, and rename it the same thing the the patch's named. I hope this helps...though really you should be asking it via PM. :\

Training takes so long, especially with the VS Seeker being stuffy...oh well, I'm only playing SG, so it won't be as long as playing SGX. :\

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
What annoys me the most is the berry/apricorn trees. Because when you pick one tree, the others won't give anything for a while. And now I know how to get Espeon, I'm gonna try and enter the Bug-Catching Contest right away :)
Btw, what determines when you can enter?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
2z8te6d.png

thats a problem fix it pease

I guess you are refering to not being able to use surf there, right? (Cause you are using the messy female trainer, but I told not to use her in my first post). If it's about that, the mapping problem has been corrected.

Zel i looked for mahogany town and some others and i couldnt find them on advancemap... any help?

Well, I can't say much else about them. They are on Map Banks 2 and 34... Nothing more... (In B3, of course). You can enter the Contest after two events have happened: The defeat/capture of Sudo, and the victory over Mahogany's Gym.

Hey class make.

Just need to fix the glitches as there are loads. But a great game comes with great effort ;)

When do you estimate the full version will be released?

If new glitches keep coming up, it gets delayed a bit more every day. I estimate the weekend, but don't desperate if it gets delayed a few days. I want to make it less-glitchy this time!

Hey zel, found a glitch. It said something about Ard in the first post but, it wasn't very specific. I battled Ard once in National Park and everything went fine. However, I reloaded my savestate and battled him again and... after the battle... he went to the right instead of down. He crashes the game too. Here's a screenie.

View attachment 36079 See? Just a heads up. I love beta3 so far. The Berry Trees are very useful. Good job.

I wonder where did you saved in your savestate. Anyway, the Ard problem was about him running, while you could still walk. Now, there's a pause command, so you won't be able to move till Ard dissappears. That should fix it, but, it'll be tested.

Has anyone ask about the pallete problem about the overworld sprite by using fly? Because I was just using fly to go to Cianwood and I encountered this:

1635-PokemonFireRedUSquirrels.jpg

Is this a glitch or what cause I this is a male character?

No... Similar problem to the female trainer... However, it's really a quick animation, so I thought you wouldn't mind... Do you? :P

What annoys me the most is the berry/apricorn trees. Because when you pick one tree, the others won't give anything for a while. And now I know how to get Espeon, I'm gonna try and enter the Bug-Catching Contest right away :)
Btw, what determines when you can enter?

Well, martijn, let's see: Get a bunch a berries in a day, and need to way for the next day; or get a berry, wait 3/5 minutes, get another and so on... The result is much the same (or better, it depends...)

On other news, I've contacted Gridiron and Fangking Omega to ask for the proper permissions, fortunately I've gotten them, so well, at least I can still use what I had put. (Not only that, I've also gotten supportive words from them, which makes me even more happy ^^) With that straigthened, I can keep on finishing the fix of the trees, and a few new glitches that have appeared... Busy life... See ya later, guys! *Goes to update the List of Glitches*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back