• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

blue

gucci
Years
I think the whole Z legendary is far to predictable, GF have a reputation for surprising us in these circumstances and odds are they'll come up with something unexpected i.e Pokémon XY.

Years
The poisonous serpent seems more plausible if Poison ends up being effective against Fairy-types and if we assume that Xerneas was made into a Fairy-type because the game creators wanted each of the types to be represented in at least one legendary. Poison is the only type not yet represented in a legendary Pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
There's a rumor that the third legendary will be based on a serpent/basilisk, to follow the theme of Norse mythology, and thus possibly it could be a dragon type. I was actually thinking that the legendary wouldn't be green because Gamefreak wouldn't want to be redundant with two legendary green snakes.
Not just that but Giratina is believed to be based off the Basilisk too so this Z legendary will end up being a Rayquaza and Giratina expy beyond the recurring third legendary thing they already have going on if they make it a green Basilisk...

Years
When i search on wikipedia, it said:"At the root of the tree lies a great dragon, Niðhǫggr, gnawing together with unnamed serpent at it continuously"
===>>>> so if there were the Z, it more likely be the dragon than the serpent
And there is also:"The squirrel Ratatoskr carries insults from one to the other". So maybe we will have a squirrel lengendary, like Mew of gen 6
And, also, on some other page, it said:"The eagle and the dragon were bitter enemies. They truly despised each other. A squirrel named Ratatosk, was spending a lot of time each day, running up and down the tree. Ratatosk did whatever he could, to keep the hatred between the eagle and Nidhug alive. Every time Nidhug said a curse or an insult about the eagle, Ratatosk would hasten up to the top of the tree, and inform the eagle what Nidhug had said. The eagle was equally rude in his comments about Nidhug. Ratatosk just loved to gossip which was the reason why the eagle and the dragon remained constant foes." ==>>> yvetal type must strong against or weak to the Z type

And IF ANY CHANCE, the tree hold nine world together, we have 9 lengendary for each world.....

Last edited:
Years
I agree on Z being too predictable. When they announced BW2 it was a big surprise and pretty much nobody expected that. But XY were no big surprise imo, they just had to go on to the 3DS after 2 generations and 9 games on the DS. Another DS game would've been crazy.
I would like the idea of bringing back fully evolved starter Pokemon on the covers or maybe something completely new.

The Black White 2 is actually Grey version, because, Kyurem fushion with Zekrom, Reshiram==>>>> Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, so they have to name it Black White 2, they just can't name it Grey 1 và Grey 2, so that the Z (or whatever it name) will slightly happen with focus on the other lengendary
Speaking of Zekrom, if Pokemon Black WHITE doesn't exist, it could be the dragon live under the root of tree, and hello ZZZZZZZZZZZekrom , pokemon version Z

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I agree on Z being too predictable. When they announced BW2 it was a big surprise and pretty much nobody expected that. But XY were no big surprise imo, they just had to go on to the 3DS after 2 generations and 9 games on the DS. Another DS game would've been crazy.
I would like the idea of bringing back fully evolved starter Pokemon on the covers or maybe something completely new.

I think that they'll go make sequels to X and Y that are called Z and W since the former are both the horizontal and front-to-back (vertical in two dimensions) axes of the Cartesian coordinate system and the two chromosomes of the mammalian sex-determination system while the latter are both the vertical (non-existent in two dimensions) and hyperdimensional (fourth) axes and the two chromosomes of the avian sex-determination system.

Domad4444

quack.
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Pokemon X&Y Speculation

I think that it might be another new type other than Fairy-type.

Why?
1)There is a new eeveelution (Sylveon) which has the new type, the Fairy-type.
I heard that it should be another eeveelution in 6th gen, which I think will have another new
type Nintendo didn't announced yet.
2)To balance the Fairy-Type.
3)As known to most of you, in gen I there was no Dark or Steel types. In gen II, Nintendo released TWO new types. If they want some new types, maybe they are planning on releasing two.

Look, it makes sense. Nintendo announced the Fairy-type a little bit early. It was a big surprise for everyone. They also claimed the wish of many - A new eeveelution, bonus it's a new type.
But Nintendo are very smart. This thing is just the beggining. they are planning on a bigger surprise,
the real thing. The Fairy-type is just the start, to warm up the crazy fans expecting the 6th gen, and then, boom! You thought there will be a new type, but there will be two new types!!!

Well, this is might be not true, but I'm looking forward to see the results. It'd be awesome and all the Pokemon fans will be super-shocked, more than the Fairy-type announcement.

If there will be another new type, there will be another chance to the disappointed fans that were expecting a Light-type or Sound-type, and maybe if Nintendo are really planning on a type that will balance the Fairy-type, maybe there will be a Shadow-type. Actually, a new Shadow-type will make sense, because in Pokemon XD there are already Shadow attacks, the Shadow Sky weather, and there will be more Type changes of more Pokemon!

I'd like to hear what you have to say about that!

Last edited:
Years
I think they will make a third game, or just one sequel, NOT two
Cause: if they make a third game or a sequel, it will focus on the legendary that connected with Xerneas and Yvetal. A sequel must have some connection with pokemon XY. They can't put 2 sequel with 2 lengendary pokemon that don't have any connection with Xerneas and Yvetal....,,,,,,.,,.,.,,,,,,,

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'll merge this with the rumour thread sticky, as I don't feel there's enough basis to speculate on another new type in its own thread.

After all:
- Why would they spend all this effort to promote only one new type if there's a second? This is a major game mechanic, so to only focus on one would be like only talking about two of the three starter Pokemon.
- balance the Fairy type? We don't even know what it does completely yet, there's little point to speculate on it needing another type to balance itself...
- You heard that it 'should be another eeveelution'? From who, and why? Just because two previous gens had two new eeveelutions before doesn't mean that it should happen again. Patterns (and two instances do not make a pattern) are made to be broken, after all.
- Same with 2 new types in gen 2. Psychic was very broken in gen 1, and Dragon is much less so in gen 4/5 than that, so from that perspective there's no need for a second. And again, because there was once two types introduced doesn't mean it makes sense for two to come in now.
- Shadow type was more a classification of Pokemon/move typing rather than Pokemon typing, and also a non-Game Freak thing (Genius Sonority made the games with Shadow typing in it).

On that note, Game Freak do the programming, not Nintendo.

Last edited:

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
I think that it might be another new type other than Fairy-type.

Why?
1)There is a new eeveelution (Sylveon) which has the new type, the Fairy-type.
I heard that it should be another eeveelution in 6th gen, which I think will have another new
type Nintendo didn't announced yet.
2)To balance the Fairy-Type.
3)As known to most of you, in gen I there was no Dark or Steel types. In gen II, Nintendo released TWO new types. If they want some new types, maybe they are planning on releasing two.

1. If there is going to be a second eeveelution it is most likely to be dragon.
2. They can simply make Fairy weak to existing types. no other new type is needed to balance Fairy-type.
3. In GEN II there were two types to be nerfed. in this gen there is only one type to be nerfed. so it would not make sense to introduce two new types

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Maybe this also has to do with the new graphics. For example, having a tree blocking your path has always sounded stupid, but the old graphics made it look, let's say, plausible. However, with the new fully 3D graphics, I think it's pretty hard not to make it look completely ridiculous.
So I'm guessing HM Cut won't exist anymore.

Though I understand your meaning, bigger pokemon could possibly cut down trees. Also, it does not have to be tree's blocking our way, it could be bushes, vines, or anything else like that. Also this is a fictional game, it does not always mean it has to be possible or not.

Years
I think that Sudowoodo MAY evolve to Oorotto
We all know that Sudowoodo mimic a tree, so what if in pokemon XY, there are a new stone or new item (like a leave, tree branch, root, wood.........), that make Sudowoodo become an ACTUAL tree
Its type maybe: grass/dark, rock/dark, rock/grass, (i don't think it will be grass/ghost or rock/ghost)..... X x x x

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I honestly don't think Sudowoodo will evolve into this Oorotto Pokemon. If anything, Bonsly will have a split evolution path, one leading to Sudowoodo and one to Oorotto. All in all though, I don't even think Oorotto is related to Sudowoodo. It's not like there can only be one tree Pokemon in the series lol.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I honestly don't think Sudowoodo will evolve into this Oorotto Pokemon. If anything, Bonsly will have a split evolution path, one leading to Sudowoodo and one to Oorotto. All in all though, I don't even think Oorotto is related to Sudowoodo. It's not like there can only be one tree Pokemon in the series lol.

Don't forget about Exeggutor and Shiftry and Snover and I think you get the point. I don't even get why people are relating Sudowoodo to Oorotto. Sudowoodo isn't even a plant... That being said, there are no guarantees that Oorotto is a Grass type, or at least a secondary Grass type, but it seems likely.

Last edited:
Reactions: JP
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I don't think there will be a new type.

Dark was introduced in gen 2 to balance Psychic. Steel was..."introduced," because it actually existed in gen 1's programming.

It probably wasn't included in gen 1 because it would be weird to have Steel be more rare than Ghost and Dragon, but in gen 2 when they could make more Steel Pokemon they brought it back and gave Magnemite and Magneton the typing they were supposed to have since the beginning.

Besides the glitch Bird type, I'm fairly certain there's no other type that Game Freak had intended to use but then dropped (that can be found in the games' programming). So there's no reason to think that "because gen 2 had 2 new types, gen 6 will have 2 new types, too." Steel was supposed to be a gen 1 type. There are no other types to introduce similar to it.

Years
I just hope they just release all the pokemon soon (ESPECIALLY legendary). Play through the game to discover all of the is just PAINTFUL- FOR ME

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Did everyone forget that the purpose of Fairy types are to balance out Dragons? Why introduce a second new type to counter the new type for balancing instead of using existing ones? Dark could definitely be super effective against Fairy. Not to mention, there are 18 types now. I'm sure GF could figure out something, not just be stumped and say okay we need another new type.

Years
I think all of pokemon have 2 type that related to fairy, WON'T have to retyped them. They just simply learn new fairy move... Like togekiss, celebi could learn fairy wind, or jirachi, victini could learn draining kiss.............

swift13

taylur swift
Years
yh i hope there will be another new type, that's all

plus am i the only one who thinks they revealed WAYYYYY too much for X & Y like we already got like 25 new pokemon revealed pls stop gamefreak

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Gee the people who are against the idea of having another new type are sounding like the same people who said Game Freak will absolutely not make a new this gen. Personally it could happen. As far as marketing a new type think about it we had about nine months to 10 months notice on this game you know why release everything at once when we still have two more to go? Do I think it will happen I'm not sure but could it happen definitely and all those who say that it definitely won't happen or doesn't make sense for it to happen or it can't happen well A lot of you guys said the same thing about Fairy types and well you were proven wrong so really there's no basis to deny it in "absolute " not really

Back