• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonsCanBite

Ancient Member
Years
Hey, I'm having problems with Advance-Text and AMart on my computer at the moment.

I just bought a new computer recently and found out that those two programs no longer worked.

comdlg3.png

As you can see, it says comdlg32 is missing, but right below that I have it highlighted. I also tried registering the file, but it returns me the same problem, saying comdlg32.ocx is missing.

Any tips? Because as of right now, my ROM Hack is stalled out because I can't properly edit any text.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I have this issue too, but with the backsprite here;

87bd17f1

NSE can't edit this.. I tried flipping through all the sprites, and the Pokemon front/back sprites didn't show up.

As for APE, I don't know the offset for Bulbasaur's back sprite.. If anyone has it, I'd appreciate if you let me know what it is. c:

Incorrect, NSE can edit ANY sprite, ANY graphic in the game.
You just have to supply the tool with the proper offset.

Also, I believe there is a NSE plugin that loads the pokemon sprites into the editor so you can edit them.

To reiterate, NSE can edit ANY graphic, lz77 compressed or not.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Hey, I'm having problems with Advance-Text and AMart on my computer at the moment.

I just bought a new computer recently and found out that those two programs no longer worked.

comdlg3.png

As you can see, it says comdlg32 is missing, but right below that I have it highlighted. I also tried registering the file, but it returns me the same problem, saying comdlg32.ocx is missing.

Any tips? Because as of right now, my ROM Hack is stalled out because I can't properly edit any text.
I think... I think that it's because that tool is only compatible with Windows XP... But there is a way to fix it. I forgot, though. Anyways Advance Text isn't that good of a tool anyways. I advise you use a hex editor instead if editing text... Although I guess it is your choice.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
Nope it is not right. That is very easily fixed. Open command prompt as administrator, navigate to the folder holding comdlg32.ocx, and type this: regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx.
There, all done. :) For future reference, that will work for any ocx or dll file that seems to be "missing or invalid" you need.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Does anyone know where I can find a version of Sappy that DOESN'T crash when I load my ROM? I've looked everywhere, but every version I download closes down after I open the ROM.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Does anyone know where I can find a version of Sappy that DOESN'T crash when I load my ROM? I've looked everywhere, but every version I download closes down after I open the ROM.
There is in fact, a version that works. Sappy 2005. You can only get it through this tutorial here!

So...I downloaded Nameless Sprite Editor and was unable to find the intro hero sprites. Would anyone happen to know the offset for these sprites or how to find it?
No, but in unLZ.GBA, 256 color mode, the heroes, rival, and prof. are 341-344! :D

Washibon

---
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
Incorrect, NSE can edit ANY sprite, ANY graphic in the game.
You just have to supply the tool with the proper offset.

Also, I believe there is a NSE plugin that loads the pokemon sprites into the editor so you can edit them.

To reiterate, NSE can edit ANY graphic, lz77 compressed or not.

Well, is there any place where I can find this plugin..? ;o;

link12552

decade club
Years
NSE Plug-ins

Well, is there any place where I can find this plugin..? ;o;

First make sure you have the newest version of NSE (v 1.7.5.0), get it in this thread

To use the included Pokemon plug-in
  1. Open NSE
  2. Open Your Rom: File > Open
  3. Goto: Options > Plugins > Select Plugin
  4. A list will appear of all your available plugins, chose the "Pokemon.npi"
  5. Hit Run

Running a plugin instantly changes NSE's use,
It should go from editing OW's to editing Pokemon!

When your done editing Pokemon simply press the stop button that appears in the main menu ;)

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Ok, so I got a version of Sappy that doesn't crash, but now when I open my ROMs the program can't identify any music. The page just comes up blank...

Any ideas what is going on?

Washibon

---
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
First make sure you have the newest version of NSE (v 1.7.5.0), get it in this thread

To use the included Pokemon plug-in
  1. Open NSE
  2. Open Your Rom: File > Open
  3. Goto: Options > Plugins > Select Plugin
  4. A list will appear of all your available plugins, chose the "Pokemon.npi"
  5. Hit Run

Running a plugin instantly changes NSE's use,
It should go from editing OW's to editing Pokemon!

When your done editing Pokemon simply press the stop button that appears in the main menu ;)

I have the latest version, and my list of plugins is blank.
Where can I download the Pokemon sprite plugin? I can't find it on google. ;3;

Poketto-Monsuta

Pika Pii
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
Map Position Hacking?

Ok I've tried every trick in the book, but I can't seem to change the world maps positions on Gold and Silver. I've been able to change the size and even add pokemon battle data to cities. Is there a tutorial or pehaps a form of hacking tool, I've looked on the site but alas found nothing close.

If you don't know what I'm talking about look at Pkm Prism's/Browns world maps.

Years
Does anyone know how to put an intro on a battle? As in the FireRed Elite Four battles where it shows the player and the opponent for a few seconds.

intro.png Like in this picture (I put that sprite in, btw)

I'm using pokescript, by the way.

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Does anyone know how to put an intro on a battle? As in the FireRed Elite Four battles where it shows the player and the opponent for a few seconds.

View attachment 58559 Like in this picture (I put that sprite in, btw)

I'm using pokescript, by the way.
It has to do with the class of trainer, so you can't easily do it. there is a thread in R&D about this though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Is there a way to simply give your new pokemon the cry of another pokemon, without having to go through the trouble of finding a sound file for it? Like giving missingno the cry of zapdos? The tutorials I find work on the assumption that you have an entirely new cry you want to insert, whereas I just want to re-use a currently existing one.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
Yes, just repoint the cries. If that's not simple enough to hex edit, someone made a cry pointer repointer tool, as well as a tutorial about it. Very easy to find with Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back