• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YouTube

Years
I'm 99.999% sure that a majority of you guys here go onto YouTube. So what kinds of videos do y'all typically watch on YouTube? Do you guys share any of the videos you stumble upon with friends and/or family?

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
I have three different categories of videos that I regularly watch on YouTube:
  • Info
  • Tech
  • Gaming

Info, for me consists of a few channels with (doubtfully) scientific content. Main view-suckers are Vsauce. I really like Vsauce for random stuff, and it brings the information in such an exciting way. Other information-rich channels I like are Numberphile and CGP Grey

As for Tech I mainly watch two channels: Tek Syndicate and LinusTechTips. I really love Tek Syndicate's "The Tek" which is a podcast-like show usually about an hour long about tech news and hardware and gaming stuff. I really like their views on tech stuff, and these two guys talking about the tech headlines is in my opinion a thousand times better than to sift through these articles yourself.

Finally, gaming, I don't watch a lot anymore, but some favorites are: JWittz ,a Pokémon Youtuber, who, even though he doesn't really do gameplays anymore still dishes up some awesome relevant content. Game Theory, which is basically theories on gaming. And this Minecraft guy called Xisumavoid.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
Most of them are music channels those including: MrSuicideSheep, Liquicity and Monstercat. Two Pokemon related who goes my MuchingOrange and shofu. Finally the rest are ERB, Epicllod aand Ronald Jenkees.

Some vidoes I share with some friends if I know they like similar stuff such as new music I find.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Usually music videos, NASCAR news clips & video recaps, cat videos, and the like! I don't usually go on there as much except for those reasons, but when someone links me to a video on Youtube, I will get on and watch it. lol

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
It's mostly LPers. Decent ones that actually know the game they're playing and can offer more than just silly banter. Although Vicas is in his own league ever since he got all 120 stars in Super Mario 64 by only playing with his feets... With bad foot puns all the way through. Either way, point is it's not your GameGrumps style of "two best friends being bad at video games because it's 'funny.'" That's not generally appealing to me. :v

There's a couple on needlework; sewing, quilting, crocheting, and embroidery. A couple on corsetry.. And Simon's Cat. Obviously.
I used to adore the talking animals channel (Klaatu42) but he stopped doing the Jupiter videos and even took down a few of the good ones, just to do 'commercials.' :c

I share the LP and Simon's Cat videos with friends, but not usually the others. I don't have a lot of friends that are interested in corsets or needlework, lol.

Years
I watch a massive amount of youtube, whenever i'm not out and about i'm watching/listening to something on youtube. The main channels i watch are Bisnap/Crendor/Trump/A German Spy and my Favourite of them all Tales Of Lumin.
I'll share anything i'm watching with people online not to family though. Oh i also watch alot of pokemon Lp's hacks or the original games, nuzlocke or egglocke.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
On YouTube, I mainly watch -

Pokemon card openings and WiFi battles the most. Some include - TheCatsMeowth, PrimetimePokemon, UnlistedLeaf, JordanJapan, SimplyPokem0n, PokemonTins, JPRPokeTrainer98, Shofu, Marriland

The other YouTuber I also watch a lot is the hilarious Russian guy - Crazy Russian Hacker

Some random stuff I also watch is Football related stuff (like own goals, keeper safes, greatest goals, game highlights or at rare full games), cooking, Watch Mojo, the Bad Drivers videos.

Also I listen to music or watch music videos, to find out how a band sounds like and if I like the music I buy the CD.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I watch gameplay and tutorials, and I don't like to subscribe to channels with more than 20,000 subscribers. There are people with as few as 500 subscribers who I deem superior to famous channels.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
Years
I mainly watch Let's Plays. Chuggaaconroy, PurpleRodri, MunchingOrange, Lucahjin, and Leuroi are among my favorites.

Other YouTubers I like include, Grav3yardGirl, PrankvsPrank, and Michelle Phan.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
I have tons of channels on Youtube. Some of them have movies, some of them have songs. I've lost count.

But otherwise, I've used Youtube a lot for songs, tutorials, and laughs.

Years
Most of the time I just go onto YouTube to listen to music. A lot of the music I listen to comes from BRAWLBRSTMs3 YouTube channel, which essentially houses extended cuts of video game music. However, I also occasionally listen to regular music on demand as well on YouTube, or even covers of songs as well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I visit the place to catch with some sport shows, usually, such as wrestling. From time to time, I also use it to listen to some particular music; every time I search, I always find whatever I'm searching for, and that's what I like most about YT. If I'm in the mood to listen anything, then I tend to avoid YouTube and open up either Last.fm or Spotify, haha.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
There are a lot of channels that I subscribed to. Most of it is music, but sadly, they don't upload as much as they used to. Now I watch science shorts (Sci Show, Smarter Every Day, ASAP Science), as well as comedy shorts (JK Films, Fung Bros Comedy). And there is the usual Game Theory, Screw Attack, DYK Gaming, and TheJWittz.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
I love youtube, I have my own Let's Play channel. I also love to watch other Let's Players.

Gaming, comedy, facts, etc... videos are what I watch. I pretty much watch anything that's interesting or gives me a good laugh. My favorites are gaming videos though :).

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
I use Youtube a lot for music listening, but primarily, I like to watch reviews about anything. Even if it's something I've never seen before. My preferred things to watch reviews about though are Pokemon and My Little Pony. Also, I watch a lot of analysis videos, top ten/five countdowns (my favorites are these), and just generally people giving their opinion on stuff. I'm always curious about the opinions of others, and love to watch them.

Most of the things I watch are related to video games or MLP. In fact, I was just about to watch a top five video right now on Pokemon before I found this thread whilst I worked on my commission. On occasion, I'll watch Let's Plays, but I tend to lose interest in them nowadays for some reason. Also, I like anything I can just listen to rather than watch. Because I tend to be working on art when I'm watching Youtube and do it so I don't get distracted whilst working by the fact that I'm not doing anything else. So also, things like voice dramas are awesome too.

Fandubs of video games without voices are among one of the things I watch as well. In fact, I love to see fan projects and fan animations that are well-done in general.

Also, I like to learn new things about video games and media I am interested in, so I'll also watch videos that have those sorts of facts. Sometimes, I'll even watch videos with real world facts!

Things I watch other than that are typically comedy-related. Mostly about Engrish and horrible typoes like Your Grammar Sucks or the LP of Vietnamese Crystal on Delicious Cinnamon. Or readings of horribly written fanfiction/creepy pasta. Any other sort of funny besides that is rare though, because typically, humor on Youtube doesn't amuse me.

One day, I plan on having a channel where I do such things. Analyze, reviews, and opinion-type things. Because I also love to talk about my own opinions. :3

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
This is lame but I mainly watch music videos on YouTube and rarely if someone links me something. I really enjoy ones like "Do the Creep" by the Lonely Island, haha. I don't watch much else on it, sadly.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
What is this Youtube you speak of? There is no Youtube on Mars.

However when I travel to Earth, my friends and I love to watch Youtube videos. Normally on Youtube we spend most of our time watching funny prank videos such as FouzeyTube, Vitaly, Roman Atwood. We also enjoy listening to music and watching music videos, our favorite is Friday by Rebecca Black. We also watch gaming channels from time to time and AMVs too.

Years
YouTube is a wonderful pastime, and when I'm bored at social events, car rides, or anything that requires waiting, I usually pull out my phone and headphones and watch some videos. Recently, I've gravitated towards sport highlight videos and action-oriented material, but I used to primarily watch comedy, in every shape and form. Fail reels, vloggers, you name it. That part of me has died down quite a bit, but I do occasionally like to have a laugh.

Back