• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Adventure

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
I remember when Marril was the starter and you walked around the first town and the first level looked like Mario. This game has not only come a long way, but has made a lot of mass changes. Congrats and great job.

BTW: you spelled Organizations with an 's' instead of a 'z'

Thanks! The project is on semi-hiatus at the moment as I work on an actual Pokemon game with a new engine I've written for Game Maker (which mimics black&white; you can see screenies on my DeviantArt).

PS: That is how you spell "organisations" lol, the "z" is an Americanism.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
@Dforte

hahaha. non-american spellings strike back XD

--

Played the demo. I was hoping this game would be good, It's so unique, an RPG platformer. we need more unique like what this promised. Im happy to report it is good!

It just feels fun, i played route 1 and 2. Everythings pretty good, some comments though.

1- change the esc button. I pressed it hoping it would bring up a menu, so I could save the game, but alas, it instantly quit the game :(

2- try removing some of the backtracking, for the starting levels atleast, It's really frustrating falling, then having to climb all the way back up,

good stuff.

Years
PS: That is how you spell "organisations" lol, the "z" is an Americanism.

Guess I should change my major from Business to International Studies lol

2- try removing some of the backtracking, for the starting levels atleast, It's really frustrating falling, then having to climb all the way back up,

Route 2 really annoyed me. I would keep falling and falling and falling some more. I think it took me about 10 mins after I fell the first time.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
@Dforte

--

Played the demo. I was hoping this game would be good, It's so unique, an RPG platformer. we need more unique like what this promised. Im happy to report it is good!

It just feels fun, i played route 1 and 2. Everythings pretty good, some comments though.

1- change the esc button. I pressed it hoping it would bring up a menu, so I could save the game, but alas, it instantly quit the game :(

good stuff.

Thankyou! It's been difficult to establish such a unique and unconventional game here at PC (we're more used to standard Pokemon games, and there's nothing wrong with that).

Sorry about ESC, that's a standard key for all Game Maker games as a default to close the game (it can be changed but I'm used to catering to a GM familiar community who insist on keeping it like that for easy closing). What I could do, is make a pop-up box that says like "Do you want to quit?" sort of thing?

I'll take another look at some of the routes which have a lot of back-tracking. There will only be about 50 levels in total so I wanted to make the routes quite large and long so that the game wasn't overly short.

Guess I should change my major from Business to International Studies lol

Route 2 really annoyed me. I would keep falling and falling and falling some more. I think it took me about 10 mins after I fell the first time.

:P. Haha, I'll take another look at Route 2 in particular then (when I return to the project properly). I didn't want to make the routes too short because I wanted the game to be a long play.

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2016
1. Did you find any glitches?
I'm aware on your first post you claim saving can be glitchy, but for me it was completely glitched. I could not save at all - whenever I chose to, the game would close. "Load Game" froze the entire game.
I'm not sure about the others, but Pansear's second attack is messed up. At level 5, I'm able to "switch" attacks, but there's no icon in the attack box thing, and the attack itself doesn't happen when I press X. However (hopefully this will make sense) I see an animation, occasionally, that only happens after I obtain the attack (as I have to start over for every playthrough) and attempt to trigger it - but it seems something else (not the attack button) triggers it, but I haven't quite figured out what. It seems to be as I switch back to the attack that DOES work, but I'm not sure. It doesn't damage, it's just an animation of... like... a "force/arrow" going outwards away from Pansear.

2. What did you enjoy / dislike about the game?
Obviously you're aware your game is incredibly unique, and I agree wholeheartedly. The deviation from the regular "starter" Pokemon is also quite refreshing.

3. Do you have any other suggestions for improving the game?
Perhaps a choice on other obtainable Pokemon? I mean, I understand we're going to get more as Eggs, but is it in a certain order? Are we always going to get our monkey, then Shroomish, then whatever, then whatever... every time? Everyone has different tastes and some variation here, if possible, sounds nice. ^^;

This isn't so much a suggestion as a question: do only "boss" Pokemon have moves? The only attacker besides Pansear for me has been the Nincada. The other Pokemon damage me if I touch them, but that's it..

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Sorry about ESC, that's a standard key for all Game Maker games as a default to close the game (it can be changed but I'm used to catering to a GM familiar community who insist on keeping it like that for easy closing). What I could do, is make a pop-up box that says like "Do you want to quit?" sort of thing?

Yeah, a pop up box would be a good addition.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
1. Did you find any glitches?
I'm aware on your first post you claim saving can be glitchy, but for me it was completely glitched. I could not save at all - whenever I chose to, the game would close. "Load Game" froze the entire game.
I'm not sure about the others, but Pansear's second attack is messed up. At level 5, I'm able to "switch" attacks, but there's no icon in the attack box thing, and the attack itself doesn't happen when I press X. However (hopefully this will make sense) I see an animation, occasionally, that only happens after I obtain the attack (as I have to start over for every playthrough) and attempt to trigger it - but it seems something else (not the attack button) triggers it, but I haven't quite figured out what. It seems to be as I switch back to the attack that DOES work, but I'm not sure. It doesn't damage, it's just an animation of... like... a "force/arrow" going outwards away from Pansear.

2. What did you enjoy / dislike about the game?
Obviously you're aware your game is incredibly unique, and I agree wholeheartedly. The deviation from the regular "starter" Pokemon is also quite refreshing.

3. Do you have any other suggestions for improving the game?
Perhaps a choice on other obtainable Pokemon? I mean, I understand we're going to get more as Eggs, but is it in a certain order? Are we always going to get our monkey, then Shroomish, then whatever, then whatever... every time? Everyone has different tastes and some variation here, if possible, sounds nice. ^^;

This isn't so much a suggestion as a question: do only "boss" Pokemon have moves? The only attacker besides Pansear for me has been the Nincada. The other Pokemon damage me if I touch them, but that's it..

Thanks for taking the time to write this.

I realise that the Saving/Loading system I'm using at the moment is less than ideal and incredibly glitchy. I think I'll need to re-write it completely in the next version -- I think I'll do it using '.INI' files instead.

The pokemon you can obtain as the story moves along will unfortunately be quite limited. Adding a playable pokemon requires quite a significant amount of work so I don't want to set myself a challenge I'll simply never complete. I'm aiming for a possible 20 separate evolution lines to be playable by the game's completion.

Boss pokemon do have special attacks and some normal pokemon have them as well -- swinub in the current version can use ice-shard. The number of pokemon with special attacks will increase as you progress through the game.

Back