• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

Years
Someone recommended to me Uprooted by Naomi Novik. I've only just started but it's already a pretty good book. Very much a fairytale with its setting and characters, but it moves quickly and already I've got the sense that there is a lot more underneath the simple exterior. I've got high expectations of this book and I hope I won't be let down.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I just finished reading Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. It started off a little bit meh, but once you get more into the novel it gets really amazing, honestly. It's best to go into it if you don't know anything at all about the plot, either.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
Years
At the moment I'm reading Lirael, the second book of The Abhorsen Chronicles, by Garth Nix
They're quite dark books, but really thrilling and interesting. Very good :)

Years
I was going to grab the book that comes after the one I had been reading and read that one, but then I remembered I have quite the backlog of books around here, maybe I should actually read at least one of those before I buy another one.

So I settled on one of the Dragonlance books sitting around here. Kendermore, by Mary Kirchoff. It's been years since I've read a Dragonlance book and it involves my favorite character from that series, so why not. :')

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Finished Ruins and started the next book in the series, Visitors. At this point, I'm just wondering what was going on in Card's mind as he was writing it, because it feels "off." It's a very weird series, and I think it's going to fall under my "don't read again unless I really want to" pile.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I've just finished reading The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen, and I really enjoyed it. I had a fantastic cast of extremely - and almost scarily - relatable characters. I'm about to start Go Set a Watchman, Harper Lee's second book. I'm hoping that it will live up to its hype, and hopefully to its predecessor.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I finished Go Set a Watchman and I really enjoyed it! It was a little slow at first but I think it had a really strong push in the middle that kept me from putting it down until it was over. Now I feel the need to go re-read To Kill a Mockingbird and see how my perceptions of it might have changed..

But I'm not re-reading TKAM just yet. I've started She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. I read another Wally Lamb book earlier (I Know This Much Is True) that is so far one my favorite books of the summer, so I'm hoping the one I've just started is just as good.

Years
I'm reading Fables comics. I'm pretty far behind and I'm trying to catch up in time for the last issue, but I probably won't get that far. They're really good comics, but I can't read more than a little at a time.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Oh, do comics count? In that case, I'm reading Uncanny X-Force vol.1 omnibus, 'cuz I simply can't get enough of it! Ahah. Also picked up a new book yesterday called 'Mr. Mercedes' by Stephen King. I hope it'll be a good read.

Stroker Ace

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE, BUTTHORN
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 14, 2018
Reading The Martian. I wanna read the book before the movie comes out since the plot from the trailer exposition, while similar in ways to Interstellar, intrigued me.

Years
I'm jumping from one thing to another. I can't find the right thing so I'm currently re-reading the Saga comic. Such a good series.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2017
I'm currently nearing the end of Fool's Errand by Robin Hobb
It's the first book in the Tawny Man trilogy - the sequel series to the Farseer trilogy
I LOVE these books - Robin Hobb's writing is fantastic, her books are a true joy to read; I've previously read her Rainwild Chronicles and the Farseer ones :)
Really looking forward to reading her next series: Fitz and the Fool!
I really recommend these books to anyone, particularly anyone who loves fantasy/romance/action/magic etc!!! Truly brilliant books

Poor Fitz had a rough life
Fool's Quest will be out soon, better catch up!

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
Years
Poor Fitz had a rough life
Fool's Quest will be out soon, better catch up!
I know!!! Truthfully, I've been immersed in The Abhorsen Chronicles and others - I have yet to read Golden Fool, even!!! o_O I will be getting back to Fitz's story shortly though...{:3}

Back