• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation one RMT (OU)

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
Alright, I've decided to try Gen one metagame, so far I have created the following team.

Lead:Alakazam
T-wave
Psychic
Recover
Seismic toss

Total destruction, basic smogon set for alakazam, he can paralyze and sweep

Lead: Dragonite
Hyper beam
Wrap
T-bolt
Blizzard

I chose Dragonite for lead-disabling reasons. It wraps the foe, then can either switch out or attack. Blizzard and T-bolt are chosen due to their destructive gen one power.

Gengar
Hypnosis
Explosion
T-bolt
Mega drain

The basic smogon set, hypnosis-sweep boom is the strategy.

Chansey
Softboiled
Ice beam
T-bolt
Psychic

Smogon set however I added psychic to counter fighting types. 703 hp and decent special makes chansey a great fighter

Snorlax
Body slam
Selfdestruct
EQ
Hyper beam

Smogon set for sweeping

Slowbro
Amnesia
Surf
Thunder Wave
Rest

.gamer's suggestion, will help with surf to destroy rocks

Zapdos
Thunderbolt
Drill Peck
Thunder Wave
Thunder

Smogon sweep set

I am not sure about this team yet, I have a BL pokemon which scares me, however I really wanted a wrapper

~Red

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Dragonite sucks in RBY. The most common leads that I have seen: Jynx, Alakazam, Gengar, Eggy really aren't bothered by that set, 3/4 of those outspeed it (eggy might outspeed but im too lazy to check). Well Eggy doesn't like Blizzard, but it will survive with enough HP to Sleep/Para you. Honestly Jynx or Eggy are one of the better leads in RBY. You could also just throw Zam or Gar up there if you wanted to.

Gengar and Zam are good.

Chansey doesn't need Psychic. No Fighting mon is popular in OU, due to Psychic dominance. So just go with Thunder Wave, or Sing if you really want it. (T-Wave is a better option imo).

Get rid of Thunder on Zapdos. Its useless when you have the more accurate Thunderbolt. Put Agility in instead, this will allow you to bypass speed drops.

Big threats to your team: Tobybro, Rhydon, Golem. Rhydon and Golem are easier to fix since they have similar checks and that one check also happens to check Tobybro. Because it is Tobybro.

Slowbro
- Amnesia
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
- Rest

My favorite RBY set, in fact I think I have on all my RBY teams lol. After an Amnesia it doesn't scared of nothing. T-Wave stuff to increas your CH rate, Rest so you don't die. Surf is your main form of damage dealing. I would replace Dragonite for this, and move Zam to the lead position.

So yeah, thats all I got. Good luck.

Back