• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Firered Hack: Pokemon Orange Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrotum

Banned
Years
Pokemon Orange Sun

Introduction

Your dad's dream was to be the champion of the Elite Four. Everybody knew your dad, he was widely respected around the world. You loved him dearly and looked up to him. He promised you when he won he would give you your first Pokemon. After a while your dad contracted an incurable disease, knowing time was short, he entrusted you with his dream. On that fateful night he told you his last words "Go make me proud son!". After crying about your dad for a while, you embrace his dream and set out on your very first adventure!

Features

• A day and night system
  • A whole new region to explore
  • Three new starter pokemon
  • No trade evolutions. Traded pokemon will now evolve normally.
  • New scripts, new overworlds ,and of course new sprites.
  • All Pokemon names decapitalized.
  • All Pokemon obtainable in-game.
  • Darkrai available ingame
  • Genetically modified/ or fusion Pokemon such as Skarfire are available in-game
  • Some 5th Generation Pokemon available
  • No grammar mistakes in-game :D
  • A somewhat increased difficulty level.
  • A whole new elite four with different Pokemon.
  • A whole new storyline.
  • Custom made tiles.
  • And more to come!

Bugs

• None so far.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Credits

• Onyx79 for his tiles and rombase.
  • Anyone's tutorial or program i read/used
  • You for playing this game
  • Anyone who I used something from just Pm me and I will add you here.
  • Full Metal for battle background.

Jobs

• Head Scripter
  • Tile Inserter
  • Spriter
  • More to come

Pm me if you want to join our team or for anything else you might need.

My msn is [email protected]

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Hey I remember you... Lol, Anyways, let's review this hack.

The story sounds a bit sad, but it also sounds like every other Pokemon game, when your goal is to defeat the Elite Four. Maybe add some more...?

Your features sounds pretty nice and decent, I guess, so good job on making those work. No bugs! Thank goodness.

Your maps seem... Pretty empty, honestly. Add some more to them. And the ledges have tile errors at the end of them. It's an easy fix, don't worry. :P The gate can also be easily fixed...

Overall this hack can use a bit work, but anyways good luck on this~ ;P

scrotum

Banned
Years
Hey I remember you... Lol, Anyways, let's review this hack.

The story sounds a bit sad, but it also sounds like every other Pokemon game, when your goal is to defeat the Elite Four. Maybe add some more...?

Your features sounds pretty nice and decent, I guess, so good job on making those work. No bugs! Thank goodness.

Your maps seem... Pretty empty, honestly. Add some more to them. And the ledges have tile errors at the end of them. It's an easy fix, don't worry. :P The gate can also be easily fixed...

Overall this hack can use a bit work, but anyways good luck on this~ ;P

The storyline is subject to change :/. I will probably add more events to this story. About the maps, those are just betas, I will be scripting and adding alot more events. I just started this out so I'll probably learn from any mistakes I make. Thanks though :D

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Hmm there's a major balance issue with the starters. (I assume the third is Machop) but it's clear to see that theres an issue. Beldum is a PL while the others are not. On top of that Beldum knows one move til level 20 while the others learn a variety. If Machop is indeed the third starter he has an advantage over both Beldum & Houndour. You might wanna fix that.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Hmm there's a major balance issue with the starters. (I assume the third is Machop) but it's clear to see that theres an issue. Beldum is a PL while the others are not. On top of that Beldum knows one move til level 20 while the others learn a variety. If Machop is indeed the third starter he has an advantage over both Beldum & Houndour. You might wanna fix that.
I agree with this statement, but a way to solve it is if the machop is the third, switch it to a poliwag and make poliwhirl evolve to poliwrath without a stone, Houndour beats Beldum,Beldum can beat poliwag,and poliwag can beat Houndour, simple as pie.

scrotum

Banned
Years
I agree with this statement, but a way to solve it is if the machop is the third, switch it to a poliwag and make poliwhirl evolve to poliwrath without a stone, Houndour beats Beldum,Beldum can beat poliwag,and poliwag can beat Houndour, simple as pie.

Good suggestion but I've edited in-game movesets to give beldum an advantage over machop.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
First, add more people to the town, it seems like a really boring place to live with the same 2 people walking around with nothing to do. Second I'm feeling the tiles. I love the houses. Third, i think we all can agree that the starters need to be changed. Fourth, i will keep posted because i believe i have to play this game to really get into it because the pics aren't doing much justice. Good luck.

screenti.jpg
This...this really bothered me the second time i looked at it. Try making the fence to puddle transition smoother.

scrotum

Banned
Years
First, add more people to the town, it seems like a really boring place to live with the same 2 people walking around with nothing to do. Second I'm feeling the tiles. I love the houses. Third, i think we all can agree that the starters need to be changed. Fourth, i will keep posted because i believe i have to play this game to really get into it because the pics aren't doing much justice. Good luck.

screenti.jpg
This...this really bothered me the second time i looked at it. Try making the fence to puddle transition smoother.

I'll try my best to make the transition better.
Why whats so bad about the starters?
Hopefully a beta will come out before new years :/
Thanks for loving the tiles :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
I'll try my best to make the transition better.
Why whats so bad about the starters?
Hopefully a beta will come out before new years :/
Thanks for loving the tiles :D
The starters aren't bad, i mean i love beldum. i just feel really over powered if i have him. idk. Let's test them out in the beta. Plus, i'm pretty sure you can get a beta out before new years if anything.

scrotum

Banned
Years
The starters aren't bad, i mean i love beldum. i just feel really over powered if i have him. idk. Let's test them out in the beta. Plus, i'm pretty sure you can get a beta out before new years if anything.

You won't feel overpowered now.. because Beldum starts with confusion and takedown.. you know to make things balanced

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Well... you don't exactly have a triangle that works... i suggest you try another one, i have currently two that work perfectly.
1. Grass/Fire/Water
2. Poison/Grass/Ground

(Poison Beats grass but not effective to ground)
(Grass beats ground but not effective to poison)
(Ground beats poison but not effective to grass)

One is obvious.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I just realiized the number of tile errors in the maps. And i think everyone is trying to tell you that the triangle just won't work. Machop has the advanctage over both with it being a fighting type. And the base stat difference are enourmous. I truly suggest you fix that.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2023
Nice tiles =).
You should keep an eye on your maps. You almost messed up every fence and there are special tiles for the endings of those rocks you jump over.
You should think about your starters. Hondour has only one evolution, the others have two, that means that machop and beldum are much stronger.

Ocarion

I'm just playing hacks
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2015
Name: Ocarion
Job: Spriter
Proof: Attached files
Reason: I like to help people.

Please note these sprites are not public. I am not giving anyone permission to use these. I'm starting to learn to make fakemon, but I haven't perfected it yet.

Last edited:

Geno9213

Geno is awesome!
Years
As everyone else already stated, the starter triangle doesn't work to well. Perhaps you could change Machop to a Rock-type seeing that Rock is super effective to Fire and Steel is super effective to Rock. Or maybe you could use one of these:

1: Rock/Flying/Fighting
2: Dark/Psychic/Fighting
3: Grass/Rock/Flying
4: Water/Ground/Electric
5: Fire/Ice/Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back