• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game of Thrones Challenge

Years
Hi, so I'm going to start my run with greyjoy on the 9th of august, yey :)

I thought of a new rule for the greyjoy, but it's a spoiler of the fourth book, A Feast for Crows, so if you (RoreyG) haven't read them or don't want to be spoiled for the show just say it and I'll remove it but here it goes:

Spoiler:

Skarper
House Greyjoy
Pokemon Y

1°Log:
Spoiler:

2° Log:
Spoiler:

3º Log:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

inksplashed-heart

mimikyu stan
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Sorry for the long absence, college has been eating my time. May I go on hiatus/abandon my challenge? I just don't have the time right now...maybe when my life gets less busy? :(

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I'm doing the D.O.B challenge on Pokemon Y at the moment, but will definatly start this as well. Just finished the challenge. I love this idea and also love how the rules are different for each house. Game Of Thrones is amazing and combining this with the pokemon games is genius. Anyway sorry for editing this all the time. I'm having too much fun.

Name: Bewbs
House: House Tyrell
Game: Pokemon Y

Last edited:

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I've just started my House Tyrell Challenge. I've picked Chespin of course. :)

Here's the pokemon I really want to use and the nicknames I would give them if I do
Red or Blue florges named Olenna. (Depends on which one I get first)
Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss named Luthor
Roselia/Roserade named Loras
Bellossom named Margeary

Years
I am official quitting this challenge, not for lack of trying mind you, I did a lannister one, a martell and a greyjoy but I just hate the nuzlock challenge, and it just drive me away. I tried for the love that I havr for the books and the series but I just can't. Dorry about that and good luck to everybody playing the only game that matters, the game of thrones.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
I just changed some of the rules for a new and improved Game of Thrones Challenge.

For fun, I decided to do another run a couple of days ago so here it is:

Name: RoreyG
House: Targaryen
Game: Pokemon Fire Red

- So I started out with a Charmander I named Aegon. I did the usual start of game tasks (Oak's parcel, etc) and got the Pokedex and and Pokeballs. I caught a Pidgey I named Baelish and battled Gary on Route 22. I level grinded on Rout 22 and in Viridian Forest until Aegon was a level 19 Charmeleon and Baelish was a 18 Pidgeotto. I made it to Pewter City and swept Brock's Gym with ember and metal claw and continued on through Mount Moon. I beat Team Rocket and got through to Cerulean City.

- I soloed Gary with Aegon and level grinded through Nugget Bridge all the way up to Bill's House. I helped Bill out and got the SS Ticket. I then made my way to Misty's Gym. I had a close call with Aegon when Starmi nearly ko'ed him with a well placed Swift, but he survived and a Mega Punch did Misty in. I then made my way through to Underground Tunnel and caught a Meowth on the Route just before Vermillion City. I named him Tyrion and decided to use him ad my optional Normal type. I level grinded on the surrounding Routes before boarding the SS Anne. I fought my way through the Ship and beat Gary again with ease. I acuired Cut, taught Tyrion, and fought Lt. Surge. I messed up and accidentally switched into my Pidgeotto during the battle and got shock waved from Raichu. Baelish died, but not in vein as Aegon (my MVP at this point) avenged his death and beat Lt. Surge with dig. Afterwards, I got the VS Seeker, the Bike Voucher (and Bike), and an Old Rod.
I fished in Vermillion City and caught a Magikarp I named Blackheart (after Myles Toyne of the Golden Company). I also went through Diglett Cave back to Pewter City to pick up the Old Amber and made my way back to Cerulean City.

- I level grinded all the way through Rock Tunnel (blind mind you) and through to Lavender Town and Celadon City where I finally evolved Blackheart into a Gyarados. I also caught a Growlithe on Route 7 I named Robb ( because Big Dog=Direwolf). I beat the Rocket hideout in the Game Corner and rescued Mr. Fuji in the Pokemon Tower before sweeping Erica with my Aegon (now Charizard) and Robb. I went back to Lavender Town and fought my way down to the Fishing Guru to get the Super Rod. En route, I caught the sleeping Snorlax to use in case my Tyrion died. I named him Varys. I got back to the Cycling Road, got Fly, and fought my way through to Fuchsia City. Aegon beat Koga, but not before his Muk killed my Robb.I placed him in the death box and paid a visit to the Safari Zone. I made my way to the lodge where I got Surf, taught Blackheart, and used my Super Rod in the nearby pond to fish and catch a Dratini. I named my Dratini Griff. Afterwards, I traded the Warden's teeth for Strength. and taught Blackheart.

- I trained Griff via the switch out method all the way to Saffron City, and through Silph Co. Tyrion, now a Persian, swept Sabrina's Psychic Gym. I level grinded my way to Cinnabar Island. I revived Aerodactyl from the Old Amber and named him Thoros (after Thoros of Myr because of the theorized connections between the Brotherhood Without Banners and Varys' Targaryen restoration plot). I grinded through the Pokemon Mansion and retrieved the Secret Key. Blackheart swept through Blaine's Gym. I took Bill's offer to come to the 123 Islands because you can never have enough opportunities to level grind. I did the Lostelle story all the while getting my entire team to the level 40's.

- I got back to Viridian City and Aegon, Griff, Thoros, and Blackheart all pitched in to take down Giovanni for one last time. Afterwards, I made my way to the Seafoam Islands once more and used my Masterball on Articuno (my optional Legendary). I named it Sansa (after Sansa Stark). I then went back to 1 Island and did some last minute grinding to get Aegon to level 60 and the rest of my team to level 55 (obviously, I now have a Dragonite, although I held off evolving Dratini until it learned Outrage). I made my way through Victory Road and prepared my final movesets (buying TM's) before facing the Pokemon League.

My Team to face the League:

Aegon (Charizard) (m)- Hasty- Lvl 60: Flamethrower/ Fly/ Dragon Claw/ Iron Tail
Sansa (Articuno)- Naive- Lvl 55: Ice Beam/ Fly/ Secret Power/ Hail
Tyrion (Persian) (m)- Naughty- Lvl 55: Slash/ Aerial Ace/ Shadow Ball/ Iron Tail
Griff (Dragonite) (m)- Serious- Lvl 55: Outrage/ Fly/ Brick Break/ Thunder
Thoros (Aerodactyl) (m)- Brave- Lvl 55: Rock Slide/ Fly/ Double Edge/ Iron Tail
Blackheart (Gyarados) (m)- Hardy- Lvl 55: Surf/ Earthquake/ Hyper Beam/ Dragon Dance

- Elite 4:
Lorelei= Charizard (Flamethrower) and Dragonite (Brick Break and Thunder) beat Lorelei
Bruno= Charizard (Fly) and Gyarados (Surf) beat Bruno
Agatha= Persian (Shadow Ball), Gyarados (Earthquake), and Aerodactyl (Rock Slide) beat Agatha
Lance= Articuno (Ice Beam) Gyarados (Surf), and Dragonite (Thunder) beat Lance
Gary= Charizard, Gyarados, Dragonite swept Gary

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Thinking of starting a run, but I have a question first. Does the 'team leader' refer to a designated Pokemon or whatever Pokemon is in the top-left slot?

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Thinking of starting a run, but I have a question first. Does the 'team leader' refer to a designated Pokemon or whatever Pokemon is in the top-left slot?

Your choice. You assemble the team and pick your own leader. It doesn't necessarily mean the compulsory Pokemon or the first one in your party.

Years
I started my adventure in Kalos by choosing a Froakie that had the soul of Euron Greyjoy, the new King of the Iron Isles.
After a brief battle with Shauna I advanced to the Santalune Forest and defeated every trainer. Euron started controlling my mind more during this fase and made me catch a Riolu that had the soul of Rodrik Harlaw, the Reader, Euron's brother Balon brother-in-law. Rodrik didn't like Euron but he was his king so he helped him in his quest to conquer Kalos. He told of a pokemon that did not have the soul of an ironborn but the soul a of mighty ship, and this pokemon was in a lab in the city with a great tower in the middle.
To go to said city they had to unite to defeat Viola's bug pokemon. Rodrik defeated Surskit while Euron destroyed Vivillon. After defeating everyone in route 4 we got to Lumiose City where we met with the professor, Rodrik liked the man, since both we're learned man, but Euron didn't see that much in Sycamore. We defeated him, Euron evolved, much to him and Rodrik dismay, and got our ship, Squirtle, the Iron Victory, the ship of the Lord Captain of the Iron Fleet, and Euron's hated brother, Victarion, which means he must be trapped inside of a pokemon too.
657.png

Euron, the King.
Level 17
Moves:
-Pound
-Growl
-Water Pulse
-Lick
riolu.png

Rodrik, the Reader.
Level 14
Moves:
-Feint
-Counter
-Endure
-Quick Attack

7.png.png

Iron Victory, the Ship.
Level 10
Moves:
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Water Gun
-Withdraw

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The adventure continues with the search for the Lord Captain Victarion Greyjoy! As I wrap my business in Lumiose City Tierno contacts me to meet him and Trevor on route 5 but turns out to be a trap! Tierno tries to kill the ironmen but Rodrik stops him with Counter followed by Force Palm. I advance through route 5 to Camphrier Town, a town in the middle of nowhere with nothing to raid. We try to advance but there a big monster on the way, so we get the poke flute from the palace. While in the palace grounds Euron makes me catch a Honedge, as he senses it has the power of the legendary Red Rain, a valyrian sword from House Drumm. After that Rodrik defeats the sleeping monster with the power of Counter and Trevor and Tierno show me the day-care. Once they leave I threaten the people inside it to give me the Aron they had, which they did immediately since it had tried to kill them. Victarion had been found!

657.png

Euron, the King.
Level 18
Moves:
-Pound
-Growl
-Water Pulse
-Lick
riolu.png

Rodrik, the Reader.
Level 18
Moves:
-Force Palm
-Counter
-Endure
-Quick Attack

008.png

Iron Victory, the Ship.
Level 18
Moves:
-Bite
-Tail Whip
-Bubble
-Withdraw
96px-679Honedge.png

Red Rain, the Sword
Level 12
Moves:
-Tackle
-Swords Dance
-Fury Cutter
-Metal Sound
96px-304Aron.png

Victarion, the Lord Captain
Level 18
Moves:
-Head Smash
-Metal Claw
-Body Slam
-Harden

Last edited:
Years
Bad news: I lost, an axew killed Red Rain, Victarion sacrificed himself with Head Smash to kill a wild hawlucha, Lucario killed Rodrik and an Ace Trainer's Helioptile killed Balon and Iron Victory...
Good news: I'm doing another run in the near future. See you all soon.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Bad news: I lost, an axew killed Red Rain, Victarion sacrificed himself with Head Smash to kill a wild hawlucha, Lucario killed Rodrik and an Ace Trainer's Helioptile killed Balon and Iron Victory...
Good news: I'm doing another run in the near future. See you all soon.

No problem, it happens. Good luck with the next challenger though!!! Post it when you're ready to do it.

That said, I think I might do another challenge myself.

Name: RoreyG
House: House Martell
Game: Pokemon Emerald

Years
Update 1
Spoiler:

Update 2
Spoiler:

My current team

Ronin the Dewott (male) (lv. 32) (Leftovers)
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Quirky
Razor Shell/Tail Whip/Water Gun/Water Sport

Tesla the Magneton (lv. 30)
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Modest
Thunder Wave/Mirror Shot/Thundershock/SonicBoom

Last edited:

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Emerald- House Martell- Update 1

I chose Mudkip and named him Quentyn after Quentyn Martell (whose alias was Frog so I thought it fit). I did everything required to do at the start including fight Brendan (I chose the girl character and named her Elia after Princess Elia Martell), after which I made my way to Petalburg City and did the Wally event. I caught a Zigzagoon to use as an HM Slave. Then, I went through Petalburg Forest, saved the Devon Corp guy from the Aqua Grunt, and made my way up to Rustboro City where I fought and beat Roxanne (evolving Quentyn into a Marshtomp in the process). I got Cut, then followed the Aqua Grunt to Rusturf Tunnel to rescue Peeko and get the Devon Package back. I beat the Grunt, went to Devon Corp, and got the assignments from Mr. Stone (Letter to Steven, Package to Capt. Stern) and set off for Mr. Briney's Cabin. From there, I made my way to Dewford Town where I went to Granite Cave, got Flash, caught a Zubat (a female I named Arianne after Arianne Martell), delivered Mr. Stone's letter to Steven, went back to Rustboro to get the EXP Share, and level grinded my Arianne until she evolved into a Golbat. I then swept Brawly and went to Slateport City afterwards. I beat Team Aqua and delivered the package to Capt. Stern and level grinded on the underpass to Cycling Road, fought Brendan, and made my way up to Mauville City. I got Rock Smash, fought Wally, got a Mach Bike and Quentyn made simple work of Wattson's Gym. I then level grinded my way to Verdanturf Town and completed the Wanda Event (got Strength). I made my way back to Mauville City and saved the game there.

Emerald- House Martell- Update 2

I used a Zigzagoon I caught earlier as an HM Slave to fight my way up to the Fiery Path. I continued to level grind all the way up Fallarbor Town where I talked to Lynette, made my way to Meteor Falls, caught a Seviper I named Oberyn (after Prince Oberyn Martell) and a Solrock I named Doran (after Prince Doran Martell). I saved Professor Cozmo from Team Magma and beat Team Magma on Mt. Chimney. I then made my way down to Lavaridge Town and beat Flannery's Gym with relative ease after my Quentyn evolved into a Swampert. I got the Go Goggles, went to the desert area, and caught a Sandshrew I named Areo Hotah (after Prince Doran's bodyguard), level grinded all of my Pokemon (evolving Areo Hotah into a Sandslash) and made my way back to Petalburg City with Mr. Briney's help. With the help of many Super Potions, I beat Norman and got my reward from Wally's parents (Surf) and decided to level grind some more all the way back to Mauville City (evolving Arianne into Crobat in the process). I did the New Mauville event and saved the game after that.

Emerald- House Martell- Update 3

I level grinded my way to the Weather Institute and took care of Team Aqua. I then beat Brendan, got my reward (Fly) and made my way to Fortree City where Steven gave me the Devon Scope and Quentyn made short work Winona. I level grinded to Lilycove City where I healed up and made my way to Mt. Pyre to stop Team Aqua. I got the Magma Emblem, went back to the Jagged Pass to Team Magma's HQ and fought off Team Magma and Maxie only to see them wake Groudon. I went to Slateport City just in time to see Team Aqua steal the Submarine. I subsequently flew back to Lilycove City and fought my way through Team Aqua's HQ only to come late as Archie take the Sub elsewhere. I level grinded all the way to Mossdeep City, beat Liza and Tate with Quentyn and Arianne, helped Steven to beat Team Magma and save the Space Center, got Dive, and made my way to the Seafloor Cavern. There, I beat Team Aqua and Archie only to be too late in preventing Kyogre's awakening. I then saved the game.

Emerald- House Martell- Update 4

I made my way to Sootopolis City to link up with Steven. Upon my arrival, Groudon and Kyogre were wreaking havoc. Steven introduced me to Wallace and the search for Rayquaza began. I level grinded all the way to Pacifidlog Town, healed up and made my way to Sky Pillar to meet up with Wallace. I ascended the Sky Pillar, alerted Rayquaza, flew back to Sootopolis City, and watched as Rayquaza saved the world from Groudon and Kyogre. I received Waterfall for my help in bringing Rayquaza, then I beat Juan; narrowly escaping with all my Pokemon as Doran survived Milotic with one health point before unleashing a powerful Solarbeam. I then healed up and made my way back to Meteor Falls to add my allowed Dragon Type; a Bagon I called Aegon (after Princess Elia Martell's son, Aegon Targaryen). I level grinded some more (Aegon benefiting from Rare Candies and the EXP Share) and I made my merry way to Ever Grande City and Victory Road. I saved the game.

Emerald- House Martell- Update 5
I made my way through Victory Road, level grinding all the way, and finally arrived at the Pokemon League. I leveled up my Pokemon (evolving my Aegon into Salamence in the process), sorted my team's moves, stocked up on Hyper Potions, Lava Cookies, and Full Restores, and took on the Pokemon League.

My Pokemon League Team:
Doran (Solrock)- Level 56- Psychic/ Calm Mind/ Solarbeam/ Sunny Day
Oberyn (Seviper)- Level 54- Poison Tail/ Crunch/ Iron Tail/ Toxic
Arianne (Crobat)- Level 54- Poison Fang/ Fly/ Shadow Ball/ Steel Wing
Quentyn (Swampert)- Level 54- Surf/ Waterfall/ Ice Beam/ Earthquake
Areo Hotah (Sandslash)- Level 54- Dig/ Slash/ Brick Break/ Aerial Ace
Aegon (Salamence)- Level 54 - Dragon Claw/ Fly/ Flamethrower/ Earthquake

1) Areo Hotah and Arianne took care of Sidney
2) Arianne and Aegon took care of Phoebe
3) Aegon and Oberyn took care of Glacia
4) Quentyn and Aegon took care of Drake
5) Calm Mind and Hyper Potions ensured that Doran used Solarbeam and Psychic to successfully solo Wallace and win the Pokemon League.

Emerald- House Martell- Update 6

After the Pokemon League adventure, I level grinded Aegon and Quentyn by 10 levels each and decided to take on Steven. Flamethrower, Surf, and Earthquake ensured that I took my place as the King (or Queen rather) of Hoenn.

MY TEAM:

picture.php

Last edited:
Back