• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red 251+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
What/where are the INI's files your talking about in here :S
Oops I accidentally the link. Here it is, and I shall update the OP. Sorry about that: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ll6b2ooh3p343in/ini.7z

As for Dragon Tail: I'll note that under bugs and notices. I'm truthfully not 100% sure if it even can be fixed at the moment but I'll work on it. In the meantime, Circle Throw most likely does the exact same thing because they have the same effect.

One question though, does it end as if the battle was ended with Whirlwind or Roar?

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
3.4 is out!
Here's the deal: The new repel system and the trainer facing fix are still undergoing testing. Since I'd rather a fully working release to hear about the changes already made without these, I've left these out. You'll see them on a later release.

I'll have a sheet with every Pokemon, it's ability, it's stats, and learned moves by level rolled out in a few days.

There are already a ton of changes made on 3.4, so I decided to go ahead and roll it out:
-What else would make this awesome? How about some new Pokemon sprites? I modified the altitude on a lot of the flying Pokes, so tell me if things look a little odd. There shouldn't be any general positioning problems with the sprites, but then again I did auto-position them all...
-The trades involving Nidorans are changed to get Venonat and Grimer early (Male for Venonat, Female for Grimer). Not much, but at least these trades are useful again. Also if a Pokemon has a new ability, the trade will give the Pokemon to you with that ability (Mr. Mime has Filter, all the starter trades in the lab come with their 2nd ability including Charmander's Solar Power, etc.)
-TM02 is now Outrage instead of Dragon Pulse, and it follows the Move Tutor plus a couple surprise others. This is because the things that can take advantage of Dragon Pulse should already either have access to it, will know it soon, or know something better.

There are many many moveset changes. The most notable:

-Stealth Rock: Geodude line learns it instead of Sandstorm, Onix learns it instead of Sand Tomb, Corsola and Omanyte/Omastar learn it instead of Rock Blast, Sharmory learns it instead of Slash, Magcargo, Forettress, Donphan, and Piloswine now learn it in the relearner.
-Toxic Spikes: Nidoran female and Nidorina learn this as their final move, Tentacool/Tentacruel learn it instead of Knock Off (and Tentacruel learns Knock Off via relearner), Omastar learns it alongside Spikes, Qwilifish learns Spikes and Toxic Spikes at the same time (more on that lower down)
Healing Wish/Lunar Dance were pretty much given to the Pokemon that actually learn it in-game.
-Rattata and Raticate have had Flame Wheel and Crunch switched.
-Because Light Ball is effectively dummied out, Pikachu cannot learn Volt Tackle. I fixed this by putting it on Raichu's relearner moves and by replacing Fake Out on Pikachu with Volt Switch.
-Arcanine now learns Dragon Pulse through relearner instead of Thunder Fang.
-Octillery line learns Flash Cannon through relearner, because I accidently put Acid Spray both on level up and relearner slots. Worth noting that this means it learns a move of every type except for Dragon, Flying, and Fighting.
-Aerodactyl now can learn better Rock STAB earlier (deleted Ancientpower for Rock Slide, the original Rock Slide is now replaced with Stone Edge for those who stuck with Pressure.)
-Dragonite now learns Draco Meteor instead of Hyper Beam.
-Sunkern and Sunflora's sets are now a tiny bit different.
-Forretress has Mirror Shot and Iron Head switched.
-Qwilfish learns Water Gun in place of Spikes, Aqua Jet in the original place of Water Gun, and Spikes/Toxic Spikes in place of Stockpile/Spit Up.
-Girafarig now learns Horn Leech instead of Zen Headbutt, because Zen Headbutt is a TM now and something with Girafarig's stats learning it after Psychic is silly.
-Weather abilities are actually present now, as the second abilities of the Legendary Birds: Articuno gets Snow Warning, Zapdos gets Drizzle, and Moltres gets Draught. I don't think I'm quite overstepping my boundaries here honestly: the Pokedex seems to say that the birds can all cause weather to happen. Putting them on Legends seemed very fitting as well because the abilities are so strong.

-Tyranitar can be tutored Swords Dance again. Oops.
-Girafarig now can learn Hyper Beam and Giga Impact.
-Changed some trainers to reflect alterations. This also fixes Lance's Gyarados knowing Dragon Rage, his Aerodactyl in rematches knowing Head Smash too early, and a Champion rematch battle Gyarados knowing Hyper Beam for some reason.
-Magic Coat can now reflect Disable, Teeter Dance, Roar, Taunt, and Torment.

Changes by updating the new MrDollSteak's rombase to 1.3a:

The following abilities have been added. For the most part these have been given to the Pokemon that normally have them in-game:
Spoiler:

The following attacks have been added:
Spoiler:

As far as the attacks go, I'm not planning on any of those being on a TM.

-More decapitalization
-Hoenn Pokemon do have new movesets, however I will not be editing anything for them. Therefore if you wish to hack them in, beware of TM or Tutor hiccups (or evolution requirements in the case of Clamperl or Feebas) if you don't visit Pokemon Game Editior first!

If any regressions take place, please yell at me. I believe that I have them all covered.

New credits:
The DS-Style 64x64 Sprite Resource- New Sprites
Diegoisawesome- Diamond/Pearl font patch

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/eaz8pp0oxmrs69a/Pokemon_Fire_Red_251__3.4.ips

Last edited:

The Shiny Ho-Oh

Golden Bird
Years
I don't know what you mean "Repel system is still in testing". I went through the thread and implemented it (though, it's not really easy, but it's worth it), and I have it working completely fine. If you want, you can message me and I can give you an ips patch to put it in the game.

EDIT: I found a glitch. Solar Power doesn't stay when evolving Charmander.

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I don't know what you mean "Repel system is still in testing". I went through the thread and implemented it (though, it's not really easy, but it's worth it), and I have it working completely fine. If you want, you can message me and I can give you an ips patch to put it in the game.
Oh sorry, I meant I'm testing my own attempts. Learning how it works, etc. One of my own main personal objectives is basically doing that with scripts I've never done before. I appreciate the offer, really. But I'd rather learn the hard way while I get opinions and reports on the other things I put in. XD

...like solar power. I may have accidentally made an oversight. I'm looking into it now.

EDIT: Hum. No I definitely see that Solar Power is firmly on the same slot of every pokemon in the Charmander line... did it go back to Blaze or another ability after evolving? Was it the starter Charmander or a trade?

Last edited:

The Shiny Ho-Oh

Golden Bird
Years
Oh sorry, I meant I'm testing my own attempts. Learning how it works, etc. One of my own main personal objectives is basically doing that with scripts I've never done before. I appreciate the offer, really. But I'd rather learn the hard way while I get opinions and reports on the other things I put in. XD

...like solar power. I may have accidentally made an oversight. I'm looking into it now.

Alright, that's fine. I really love your work on this, and it has made me start playing Fire Red again (surprising, considering I was playing X and Y so hard.)

I have a few suggestions for features if you'd like, mostly coming from my playthrough of X and Y and things I've simply adored in that game.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Alright, that's fine. I really love your work on this, and it has made me start playing Fire Red again (surprising, considering I was playing X and Y so hard.)

I have a few suggestions for features if you'd like, mostly coming from my playthrough of X and Y and things I've simply adored in that game.

I'm glad to hear it, that to me speaks this has been successful!

Go ahead and shoot. I'm open to suggestions! :D

The Shiny Ho-Oh

Golden Bird
Years
I'm glad to hear it, that to me speaks this has been successful!

Go ahead and shoot. I'm open to suggestions! :D

I'm just going to copy and paste this from a reddit thread I made the suggestions in.

An IV checker NPC, like the one in Kiloude City, but maybe a bit more specific about what the IVs are. I know this one is possible because there was a thread about this a while ago on here.

"Port" the Destiny Knot so we can use the X and Y format of breeding. Passing down 5 of the parent's IVs is something I've grown quite fond of.

Trainers that you can speak to, and if you select "Yes", you can battle them. Each of them would have Pokemon that raise a specific EV. Mix this with Pokerus and the Macho Brace, you would cap EVs in no time. It would also be nice for them to have scale-able levels. Maybe a conversation that went as such: Would you like to battle? [yes, no] What level would you like? [10, 25, 50, 75, 100]
Possibly the Power Items, as well. It'd be nice to be able to EV train as fast as X and Y, but without hordes, that's obviously not going to happen.

Along with the IV checker idea, maybe an EV checker who tells you how many EVs you have in each stat.

X and Y's experience share. The one where the main Pokemon doesn't lose any experience, but all the rest of the Pokemon get a percentage. Also, maybe the BW2 experience system.

Keep TMs after use, like all the newer games.

De-Implement poison damage outside of battle. It's just annoying and unnecessary.

Years
Poison damage outside battle is the differentiating factor between burn and poison for me... As for suggestion, Day and Night/Seasons will work well in this, and changing battle scene background will make the battle more beautiful..

Add some daily event like a cafe where you can battle a set of changing trainers everyday like in Flora Sky

GYM Leader Rematch with different GYM everyday.. Like sunday for erika, monday for brock, etc...

The Shiny Ho-Oh

Golden Bird
Years
Poison damage outside battle is the differentiating factor between burn and poison for me...

Burns also half your attack. In Gen 4, poison was made so that it can only get you down to 1 health out of battle, and in gen 5 it was completely removed. The reason for that is that it's really annoying, and simply unnecessary. I don't want to have to turn around mid-cave because a Pokemon decided to use poison sting.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I'm just going to copy and paste this from a reddit thread I made the suggestions in.

An IV checker NPC, like the one in Kiloude City, but maybe a bit more specific about what the IVs are. I know this one is possible because there was a thread about this a while ago on here.

"Port" the Destiny Knot so we can use the X and Y format of breeding. Passing down 5 of the parent's IVs is something I've grown quite fond of.

Trainers that you can speak to, and if you select "Yes", you can battle them. Each of them would have Pokemon that raise a specific EV. Mix this with Pokerus and the Macho Brace, you would cap EVs in no time. It would also be nice for them to have scale-able levels. Maybe a conversation that went as such: Would you like to battle? [yes, no] What level would you like? [10, 25, 50, 75, 100]
Possibly the Power Items, as well. It'd be nice to be able to EV train as fast as X and Y, but without hordes, that's obviously not going to happen.

Along with the IV checker idea, maybe an EV checker who tells you how many EVs you have in each stat.

X and Y's experience share. The one where the main Pokemon doesn't lose any experience, but all the rest of the Pokemon get a percentage. Also, maybe the BW2 experience system.

Keep TMs after use, like all the newer games.

De-Implement poison damage outside of battle. It's just annoying and unnecessary.
Most of these are good (especially the TM thing, this would rule out the need for another TM Store quite handily though I've read nothing about how to do it), but I hold no promises currently. EV/IV checkers are neat ideas, and EV trainers done like you say would be pretty fun to use, especially for postgame or something.

I personally found the BW2 experience system annoying, but the X/Y EXP share could counteract that (if it's possible). Poison Damage is something I'm keeping in though. I felt this nerf to the status made things less annoying, but also maybe too easy for some players to be honest. This was actually one reason why I limited Toxic Spikes a bit so that you most likely wouldn't encounter a wild with it outside of the Tentacool line and Qwilfish.

I was thinking of however, giving many more Pokemon sealable items since you run into Covet and Thief so early. Mostly to fill the holes of items still missing, but I would scatter some basic berries around early game including Pecha Berries. These could possibly make an alright compromise?

Poison damage outside battle is the differentiating factor between burn and poison for me... As for suggestion, Day and Night/Seasons will work well in this, and changing battle scene background will make the battle more beautiful..

Add some daily event like a cafe where you can battle a set of changing trainers everyday like in Flora Sky

GYM Leader Rematch with different GYM everyday.. Like sunday for erika, monday for brock, etc...
Your ideas definitely put up an argument for Day/Night/Day of the week/Seasons, but the darkening of the screen for FR/LG at around night can be honestly unnecessarily annoying to my eyes personally. Also outside of what you've mentioned, there wouldn't be any other things influenced if I put them in. Especially since I would be on the fence when it comes to restoring Espeon/Umbreon's evolution.

I'll think about this. I want to focus on everything else beforehand though. Gym Leader rematches are a neat idea however, and I might put them somewhere either way.

Last edited:

The Shiny Ho-Oh

Golden Bird
Years
So, uh. Game breaking glitch. Shiny Pokemon freeze the game right when the battle starts. EDIT: It appears this is from MrDollSteak's patch. I reported it to him.

EDIT: Hum. No I definitely see that Solar Power is firmly on the same slot of every pokemon in the Charmander line... did it go back to Blaze or another ability after evolving? Was it the starter Charmander or a trade?

I didn't see your edit. It is my starter, it just didn't pass on to Charmeleon or Charizard after evolving.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
So, uh. Game breaking glitch. Shiny Pokemon freeze the game right when the battle starts. EDIT: It appears this is from MrDollSteak's patch. I reported it to him.

I didn't see your edit. It is my starter, it just didn't pass on to Charmeleon or Charizard after evolving.

This glitch is now fixed, thanks for spotting that!
If you update to 1.3b, the glitch is gone.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Thanks MrDollSteak, will do. By the way everyone, this also includes more abilities like Magic Guard so keep an eye out for this update. Also sound moves will go through substitutes after the update thanks to the rombase upgrade.

Thanks for the information as that narrows it down a bit. This is odd, as when I had Flame Body on the Charmander line it had worked just fine.

Last edited:

The Shiny Ho-Oh

Golden Bird
Years
Thanks MrDollSteak, will do. By the way everyone, this also includes more abilities like Magic Guard so keep an eye out for this update. Also sound moves will go through substitutes after the update thanks to the rombase upgrade.

Thanks for the information as that narrows it down a bit. This is odd, as when I had Flame Body on the Charmander line it had worked just fine.

Yeah, I had that version and it did work. It's a bit odd. By the way, I found some cool information you can use for IV/EV checkers, implementing Flame Body/Magma Armor field effects (I messaged MrDollSteak about putting this in his base, however, so maybe not), etc. that you might want to see:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5765300&postcount=16

I put in the Flame Body and Magma Armor field effect in my rom that uses this, along with Day and Night, and the Black and White 2 repel system, and everything seems to be working great.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Thanks for this, I'll definitely be looking in and trying this out. :D

Anywho, a quick 3.4a:
-Updated the rombase to 1.3b, which fixes a bug with Shinies freezing the game. This also adds in:
-Sound moves now hit past substitutes
-Magic Guard has been added to the Clefairy line, the Abra line's abilities are now Synchronize and Magic Guard.
-Overcoat, Bulletproof, and Gale Wings are added, but I have found no use for them (yet).
-Tailwind is now added: Pidgeot learns this instead of Agility (Pidgey and Pidgeotto still learn Agility so it's basically another relearner move), Butterfree learns this instead of Roost (It's Butterfree, did it ever actually stand a hit even with Prankster Roost?), Fearow learns it in relearner instead of Featherdance, Articuno learns this instead of Agility, and Xatu learns this at Roost's place with Roost being in place of Refresh for both Natu and Xatu.

-Charmander and Charmeleon have Flame Body as their second ability, but Solar Power is still on Charizard. Hopefully for now this will help keep the ability problem at bay while I find the source of it.

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2uox9i7omfh6tau/Pokemon_Fire_Red_251__3.4a.ips

The Shiny Ho-Oh

Golden Bird
Years
Thanks for this, I'll definitely be looking in and trying this out. :D
MrDollSteak just replied, it looks like he is implementing the Flame Body and Magma Armor out-of-battle effects into his patch, so there's no need for you to do that part, but the sub-routine at 0x3FBE8 should be studied hard, as it seems like it could be a powerful asset for MANY possible features.

EDIT: Oh, another thing I remembered. Go check out Brock. For some reason, he only has one Pokemon (Geodude), and no money. A bit inconvenient :P Oh, and also, for some reason, his name is Brock___________ (where _ is a space).

EDIT 2: Went and tested Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard for you. Works correctly, Flame Body->Flame Body->Solar Power.

Last edited:

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
By the way, what do you ment by "dont hack with this" thing?
Do you mean, if someone hacks with this, it will make a lot of trouble? In what way?

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
By the way, what do you ment by "dont hack with this" thing?
Do you mean, if someone hacks with this, it will make a lot of trouble? In what way?

Hacking privacy? No one can hack a hacked game by others that you don't own.
But I guess it can be avoided by locking up the rom.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
Hacking privacy? No one can hack a hacked game by others that you don't own.
But I guess it can be avoided by locking up the rom.

Huh? You dont get what i mean budd. What i mean is that, this is a rom base,right? So that means you can use this as a base for your hack, like MrDollSteak's decap and attack ROM base. So now i'm asking why we can't. As he stated on his post. Right here :

If you wish to hack with this (please, I
implore you… don't use this as a base
for a big project! Use MrDollSteak's
patch instead).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back