• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My friends want to do home rules.

Years
Hello, I would like help with building a team under my friends' rules. The rules are level 20, no legendaries, no Mega evolutions, no dragon rage, sonic boom or night shade, and no smeargle. What do you guys think? I'm looking to build a team around that.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I was going to suggest Mega Beedrill but then I saw no Megas.

Gyarados is probably one of your best bets, since you can get one at level 20. You can't Dragon Dance, but Gyarados is still a very powerful Pokémon, you can still teach it TMs like Earthquake, or HMs like Waterfall. Bounce is also available via tutor.

Alakazam is another Pokémon that you can get at level 20. If you do end up using Alakazam, try to get a Magic Guard one, since Magic Guard is a lot better than its other abilities.

I think these are the only two strong fully evolved Pokémon you can get before level 20 (by leveling up). Of course, you can always use Evolutionary Stones on Clefairy, Eevee, Growlithe, the Nidos, and such. All of these Pokémon are quite strong as well (with their Hidden Abilities).

Another thing to note is that you can use some Not Fully Evolved Pokémon. Frogadier and Combusken are two that come to my mind when I think of NFEs, as their final evolution counterparts are in Ubers. (And yes, try to get Hidden Abilities for these too, it's kind of what makes them strong)

That's all I can think of for now. If I think of anything else, or if you decide on using something, I will post here again.

Back