• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for help on a team built around a special Goodra

SFPT

Memester
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I have a very special Goodra that I've spent absolutely AGES getting, and I finally have it. Goodra is one of my favorite Pokemon, and I now have a perfect IV, maxed-out EV, level 100, shiny Goodra. It has a Life Orb, Sap Sipper ability, Careful nature, and its moveset is Power Whip, Outrage, Muddy Water, and Flamethrower. My question is, what is the best way to build a team around this Goodra that I've become rather attached to at this point? I'm totally new to competitive battling and have had some success, but not much. I have access to a lot of Pokemon, so I'm open to any teams people may come up with for this Goodra.

My current team:
Goodra
Braviary
Whiscash
Electivire
Delphox
Cacturne

Not the best team, but it is my Hall of Fame team. It's what I've been using in ranked matches, and I have won more than I have lost.

One more thing: I would like a Mega Pokemon to be on the team, but if not the best idea, I don't have to have one.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
A mega isn't a bad idea, I would use altaria, salamence, metagross, or Diancie if you have one.
Your pokemon aren't bad, but not great. They do have good coverage at least, although a bit low on stats. Maybe switch out Cacturne for a pokemon like venusaur (hey, that could be your mega) as you don't have much Fairy coverage, and fairy is a pretty popular type.

NikkuGe

Wannabe the very best
Years
If you're new to competitive Pokemon I would recommend that you look up some builds on smogon, you don't have to use the same build that they recommend, but it still helps since they mention threats to look out for with that Pokemon along with good Pokemon to help support that Pokemon. Team Magma is also a really good team building site I use when making a serious team. You should definitely consider a mega and/or a Steel or Fairy type to help protect Goodra.

Back