• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon: Adventures in Aloma

How is this game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
Hello everyone! Back in December of 2012, I was a newbie to PC, and I made this thread for this game (it was closed because it was wrong section. The game was a demo and only took you to the first gym, and it ended....Well, five months later, I have completed the full game and put it in the correct section also! The reason I started this project was because I got Pokemon White two years ago and I thought "How cool would that be to make a game!". I Googled for about a year and a half until I found ROM Hacking. I made two hacks, one a hack of FireRed for ThunderYellow, but it was a poor remake (I never played Yellow. I didn't know what I was thinking, except I was creating a game), because the only differences were that the starter was Pikachu and shortcuts between caves and mountains (I hated those). My second ROM hack was an incomplete hack of FireRed, intended for Aloma, but my computer died, and I lost everything, including my hope to make a good game people would play. But then I was Googling, and I came across Pokemon Essentials and RMXP, and it all began there.

A new story, in a new region...

History of Aloma:
Shortly after Unova gained a new Champion, Nate, other Pokemon Trainers became inspired to become strong and maybe rival Nates's power. Those trainers migrated to a new land, some included Tyranus, Ben, Slyres, and others. Aloma quickly became home to many.

Main Characters:
222735.png

Jake-Boy Character
2935397.png

Leah-Girl Character

4678296.png
8178901.png

Tyranus-Founder of Aloma, Pokemon Professor, ChampioN

Plot:____________________________________________________________________
A new trainer has risen! Trek through the Aloma Region battling fierce Gym Leaders, and the Evil Team Venom! Attempt to complete your PokeDex, and face off against your rival Leon, and many familiar friends in the Aloma League Conference!

Features (In current version):_______________________________________________
Pokemon World Tournament (Up to Hoenn) (Hosted in Aloma League Conference)
Show off between Team Venom and a familiar Team...
12 Catch able legendary Pokemon
6 Obtainable Master Balls
Many Post-game adventures

Features to expect in next version:___________________________________________
Pokemon World Tournament (Complete)

Screenshots:_____________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

Current Game Contests:____________________________________________________
Contest: First Person to Complete the Game (will have to show proof) will get a spot in the Aloma League Conference, with their team and trainer class of their choice!
Winner: None yet
Availability: OPEN

Lets Play Videos:__________________________________________________________
COMING SOON

Credits:__________________________________________________________________
BenGames, Films, And More!-Scripting, Sprites, Music, Tilesets
Carmaniac-Title Menu Script
Pokemon Company-Some Sprites, Music
Maruno-Pokemon Essentials
FL-Sprites
Rick1234-Tilesets,Sprites
CNG-Tilesets
RPG Maker XP

Downloads:_______________________________________________________________
Version 1.0
And install this to enhance game play

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
No offence.
But these sprites are terrible, look at the official ones your using then, look at yours.

Can you not see how bad they are? Try not to use MS Paint colours, and try to add more then 2 shades per Color.
Also; a lot of them are badly resized.

I'd comment on gameplay, but I'm not playing it. Graphics are a major key to me, and these sprites have turned me off from playing.

My apologies.

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
No offence.
But these sprites are terrible, look at the official ones your using then, look at yours.

Can you not see how bad they are? Try not to use MS Paint colours, and try to add more then 2 shades per Color.
Also; a lot of them are badly resized.

I'd comment on gameplay, but I'm not playing it. Graphics are a major key to me, and these sprites have turned me off from playing.

My apologies.

I agree, graphics are a major key, but are you talking about the overworlds or trainer sprites? Feedback is awesome, even if it is negative.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
This is true, I won't be playing it either, not for the reason of graphics, but, I don't understand your OP...

Features (In current version):_______________________________________________
Pokemon World Tournament (Up to Hoenn) (Hosted in Aloma League Conference)
Obtain at least ten legendary Pokemon (Obtain seven Master Balls as well)
Show off between Team Venom and a familiar Team...
12 Catch able legendary Pokemon
6 Obtainable Master Balls
Many Post-game adventures
I don't get it?

A new trainer has risen! Trek through the Aloma Region battling fierce Gym Leaders, and the Evil Team Venom! Attempt to complete your PokeDex, and face off against your rival Leon, and many familiar friends in the Aloma League Conference!
Familiar friends? In all fairness, after HG/SS, I stopped following Pokémon... And I haven't played HG/SS for many years now... So all these "familiar" faces, are not faces I know of...

Screenshots:_____________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
I don't want to know what you're doing to that Eevee...
The yellow man looks a little odd...
I like Prof.Oak looking a little older though...
The battle has gone back to Gen I style, doesn't look too bad either...
The gym leader is oddly shaped, what did you do to him?!
Oh wait, I just got to the last screenshot, is that not meant to be Prof. Oak?!

Current Game Contests:____________________________________________________
Contest: First Person to Complete the Game (will have to show proof) will get a spot in the Aloma League Conference, with their team and trainer class of their choice!
Winner: None yet
Availability: OPEN
Good idea, but how would I show you proof? Let us know.
Why does it have to be a race to beat the game, are we not allowed to explore the region you've created... Do we not have to grind a little to level Pokémon?

Lets Play Videos:__________________________________________________________
COMING SOON

Downloads:_______________________________________________________________
Version 1.0
And install this to enhance game play
I won't be downloading that thanks, I don't know what it is, you could be giving me a virus :O why would you give me a virus :( I haven't done anything to you :(

Features to expect in next version:___________________________________________
Pokemon World Tournament (Complete)
I'm assuming then, that this is when players complete the game... You will add them here?

Who are the Evil Team Venom, you don't mention them anywhere, I think, I didn't notice a hidden link anyway... If this game is a race to the finish, why would I attempt the PokéDex challenge... What's Aloma League Conference?

I like to give people incentive to progress... So here's mine to you, touch up a few things, for a start, I'd like more info, lot's of info, so much info that it's almost as if I'm reading a script for a movie... Not really, but you get the idea... Info that doesn't contradict itself, like what you've done with the Legendaries and Master Balls... A completed game in 5 months... Impressive, but it shows... I've said to people in the past, don't rush, and that seems exactly what you have done... I can imagine errors all over the place, do I want to take a chance on that, in case I forget to save after a gym and rival battle that took me 4 attempts to beat, no... That download to enhance game play, um, what is it?

The good thing about this is, you've completed a game which will push others to do the same.

I do hope you get many followers who, despite mine and Varions criticisms, play and complete this game, with no problems and have fun doing so... Until I see further progress, this is just another game I will lurk in the backgrounds and comment where I feel necessary... Obviously I have a few concerns, hopefully I get answers or pointed in the right direction on the answers, so the concerns can fade away. Good luck nonetheless.

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
This is true, I won't be playing it either, not for the reason of graphics, but, I don't understand your OP...

I don't get it?

Familiar friends? In all fairness, after HG/SS, I stopped following Pokémon... And I haven't played HG/SS for many years now... So all these "familiar" faces, are not faces I know of...

I don't want to know what you're doing to that Eevee...
The yellow man looks a little odd...
I like Prof.Oak looking a little older though...
The battle has gone back to Gen I style, doesn't look too bad either...
The gym leader is oddly shaped, what did you do to him?!
Oh wait, I just got to the last screenshot, is that not meant to be Prof. Oak?!

Good idea, but how would I show you proof? Let us know.
Why does it have to be a race to beat the game, are we not allowed to explore the region you've created... Do we not have to grind a little to level Pokémon?

I won't be downloading that thanks, I don't know what it is, you could be giving me a virus :O why would you give me a virus :( I haven't done anything to you :(

I'm assuming then, that this is when players complete the game... You will add them here?

Who are the Evil Team Venom, you don't mention them anywhere, I think, I didn't notice a hidden link anyway... If this game is a race to the finish, why would I attempt the PokéDex challenge... What's Aloma League Conference?

I like to give people incentive to progress... So here's mine to you, touch up a few things, for a start, I'd like more info, lot's of info, so much info that it's almost as if I'm reading a script for a movie... Not really, but you get the idea... Info that doesn't contradict itself, like what you've done with the Legendaries and Master Balls... A completed game in 5 months... Impressive, but it shows... I've said to people in the past, don't rush, and that seems exactly what you have done... I can imagine errors all over the place, do I want to take a chance on that, in case I forget to save after a gym and rival battle that took me 4 attempts to beat, no... That download to enhance game play, um, what is it?

The good thing about this is, you've completed a game which will push others to do the same.

I do hope you get many followers who, despite mine and Varions criticisms, play and complete this game, with no problems and have fun doing so... Until I see further progress, this is just another game I will lurk in the backgrounds and comment where I feel necessary... Obviously I have a few concerns, hopefully I get answers or pointed in the right direction on the answers, so the concerns can fade away. Good luck nonetheless.

You're correct about the post being confusing. :/ That screenie with the Eevee wasn't supposed to look like that, and I'm not trying to give you a virus, the game won't work If you don't download it.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
By all honesty that is not his fault, I didn't follow Pokemon after Hg/Ss either.
He is not to blame.
Also if he puts there a virus then he gets banned, why would he put a virus then?

Also on topic:
The graphics need really improvements, most of the tiles are just thrown on the maps without a little structure.
The bodyguards make kind of no sense, they're not protecting anything.
You actually used a female body sprite for a man. HeShe?
The postion you've took behind the eevee is really concerning XD
And the textbox looks really weird with that transparency.

I won't play it not for the reason I don't like it but its been a very long time since I've played any RPGXP game.
But if it is really complete after 5 months then cudos to you, but by all honesty I really doubt that in 5 months someone is able to make a really good quality game.
I see alot of improvement in this.
I hope this all isn't discouraging to you, but you should'nt stop working on this game, try maybe to rework some stuff of it, and Im sure there will eb someone who is going to certainly enjoy this.

Good luck~

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
By all honesty that is not his fault, I didn't follow Pokemon after Hg/Ss either.
He is not to blame.
Also if he puts there a virus then he gets banned, why would he put a virus then?

Also on topic:
The graphics need really improvements, most of the tiles are just thrown on the maps without a little structure.
The bodyguards make kind of no sense, they're not protecting anything.
You actually used a female body sprite for a man. HeShe?
The postion you've took behind the eevee is really concerning XD
And the textbox looks really weird with that transparency.

I won't play it not for the reason I don't like it but its been a very long time since I've played any RPGXP game.
But if it is really complete after 5 months then cudos to you, but by all honesty I really doubt that in 5 months someone is able to make a really good quality game.
I see alot of improvement in this.
I hope this all isn't discouraging to you, but you should'nt stop working on this game, try maybe to rework some stuff of it, and Im sure there will eb someone who is going to certainly enjoy this.

Good luck~

Lol for the eevee. I will remove it, but the guy who took the screenies (my friend) claims the eevee moved right before he took it. I will edit the male OW. And the screenies with the body guards, the player was in the Aloma League Conference, basically the Aloma version of the White House.

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Trainer sprites and Overworlds.

They're both terrible.
The trainer sprites are clearly recolours and bad resized.
And the overworlds you harsh MS Paint Colours.

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
Trainer sprites and Overworlds.

They're both terrible.
The trainer sprites are clearly recolours and bad resized.
And the overworlds you harsh MS Paint Colours.

Thank you for feedback! I will sure take some time to update them in second version.

demonta4

President of Demonta Games
Years
Shouldn't this be in the game showcase?

Shouldn't this be in the games showcase?

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Read the rules, and don't post in threads that have been inactive for more than 2 months.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back