• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aerion [OOC + SU] Rated M

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
For those of you who are Archers like myself, here's a list of arrow-related products within Aerion.

Ethoran Stingray Barb arrowheads that paralyze on contact
Vanaheim frost-berry juice that freezes an small area on contact with skin
Rowanion Sand Crab acid tipped arrows
Rastran Scorpion venom tipped arrows
Miracyian flexwood arrows that curve at the apex to their flight path
Raelus pyro-weed tipped burning arrows: use a powder form of pyro-weed that acts akin to napalm.
Gryfor crystal ice arrow heads that shatter in body heat after penetrating past skin
Shinguo Komodo Dragon tooth arrow head; serrated and digs in deep, ripping apart the tissue
Mindirion Lead arrow head that leaches water from the body
Elysian wildflower pollen that irritates the senses' making eyes water, nose run, and throat swell

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Are most of those effects alchemical, or magical in nature?

The former implies they could be used for daggers and poison rings, while the latter means I could put one on a marble and roll it into a battalion. d:

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
@Shawn: just letting you know, avangeline is known as Ava to everyone. If someone was to physically call her avangeline, anyone from falke would know who she was. d; it's a secret!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Are most of those effects alchemical, or magical in nature?

The former implies they could be used for daggers and poison rings, while the latter means I could put one on a marble and roll it into a battalion. d:

They're all alchemical, magic in archery is considered "cheating" and most often frowned upon within those who do archery. Generally unskilled people/degenerates use magical enhancements while pro archers use alchemical effects.

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
Well I know I read all of the posts but that doesn't account for forgetting the details down the line, especially for earlier posts. I'll review it and see if I want to make changes.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I'll have my new SU up soon. My internets been down, and it'll be fixed wendsday. If a spot is open, I'll post it

Name: Ser Mathias Rowan

Race: Half-Elf (Elven Father and Human Mother)

Country of Origin: Raelus

Religion: Unlike many from Raelus, Mathias worships the Church of the One. He became a converted one when he stumbled across a believer who had taught the religion to him.

Appearance:
Mathias has the looks of a hero. His long, golden hair falls in sheets to his shoulders, framing his angular, handsome face. He takes every possible care with his hair, for it is his pride and joy. Whenever he appears in the sun, vibrant rays reflect off his head. His face is almost as fair as those of the Elves. Many women have pledged their love to him, but he turns them aside. His strangely beautiful face is the product an Elf-Human marriage. He is a Half-Elf. His ears are slightly pointed, but it isn't completely noticable through his long, golden mane. His face is a light cream shade, much like his fathers, so he takes his dark brown eyes from his mother. His nose is rather thin, and is rounded at the end, his chin, a chiseled piece of art. His chin is angular like an Elf's, but it is chiseled like a Human's. A thin, well-kept golden beard borders his beautiful chin.

His body is very muscular in general, but his arms would be considered larger than the average warrior's. His large muscles almost popped out of his chain mail the first time he put it on, so the nearby blacksmith forged him a new set. His chest is well muscled as well. He wears a heavy steel breastplate, as well as steel greaves, gauntlets, and boots. His breastplate has the sigil of House Karrwood, a house he serves as a knight: A crimson sun with a grey fist in the center. His sword's sheath is on his right hip, and his axe holster on his left. He draws his weapons from opposite hands.

According to legend, his smile can brighten anyone's day, even if it seems to be going to Hell itself. When he flashes his winning smile and lowers his head so his eyes glint, a woman's heart can melt and a man can find himself aroused for a moment. Almost nobody can resist the aura of charm that wraps itself around him.

Personality:
Rowan is the perfect example of a knight. He is chivalrous, handsome, and brave. Whenever around women, he puts his best manners on. When in the company of men, he is the life of the party when there is one. He always seems to know the right thing to say. His voice is deep and powerful, so he is the loudest person around when it comes to shouting competitions. His reputation to be stubborn is the same as the Dwarves'. Once his mind is set, it will not be changed. Mathias is not exactly stupid, but one would be correct to assume that he isn't intelligent. He is a good strategist, but whenever possible he goes for the "Swing first, ask questions later" tactic. He accels at it. He will not tolerate any question of his honor, and will deal with the culprit quickly and painlessly. He doesn't enjoy causing pain, but he believes that one cannot get through life without doing so. Rowan is a firm believer in the Church of the One. He carries a copy of the Book of the One with him at all times and reads it everyday. It is because of his faith that he rejects woman after woman, even though they throw their bodies at his feet. He anxiously awaits the day he meets his future wife.

Fighting is a second nature to Ser Rowan. He is always the first into battle and the last to leave, either kicking and screaming, the absence of enemies, or the fact that he's dead. Mathias is quick to start a fight. He knows he could win easily by using his strength and surprising quickness to end the fight quickly. When he can't end it quickly, he goes into a defensive stance so he can out last his opponent. When he gets into a fight he knows he can't win, he tries his to talk his way out with his honeyed words and dashing smile. When all else fails he goes down in a glorious show of courage. He'll gladly fight to the end for a cause that he believes is worthy.

Being the only son in his House, he is held with great honor by his parents. This has allowed him to becHome a little hot-headed. In his mind, Ser Mathias Rowan is the perfect being. He knows he's handsome, he knows he's smooth, and he knows he's a good fighter. He fails to see that he isn't a genius though. His ideas are always right in his head, no matter how stupid and idiotic they are.

History: Long, long ago Mathias's ancestors fought in the war to win Raelus's freedom. In fact, his great great grandfather was the Duke's second-in-command. Mathias was extremely patriotic from an early age because of this. The Rowans were a powerful house for a long time, but they eventually fell from the king's grace when his grandfather dishonored him in court with an unspeakable slight. Mathias began dreaming of restoring his family's honor by the age of ten. He began training in the way of the sword, but he felt it wasn't enough. He begged his parents to send him to one of Raelus's famous militairy academy. After a few weeks of...rude negotiations, and they sent him away.

Being the first Rowan to enter an academy since their fall from grace, Mathias was treated much like a slug. His first instructor gave him the worst chores, the hardest sparring matches, and most wicked humor. Mathias bore it like a "True Rowan" as he says. He showed skill with holding a weapon in both hands from the very start. One day when he was sparring the academy's biggest brute, he took a blunted axe in one hand and a sparring sword in the other. The brute came at him, but Mathias defeated him easily. From that day on, nobody challenged him.

He graduated from the academy at the top of his class, and he was given instant knighthood and the privilege to bear arms for the country of Raelus. The academy gave him his first set of steel plate and his first sword. However he didn't feel comfortable with the customary shield. Mathias then remembered the axe he had taken with him into battle against the bully. He requested that the blacksmith make him a double bladed axe, which was customarily wielded with two hands. The blacksmith reluctantly agreed and forged him the blade. From that day on, Mathias Rowan became a true warrior. He was a hedge knight for a long time, but eventually house Karrwood heard of his natural talent in battle. They took him into their service. He served them for ten years, but he heard of the monks' summons and he set off for the monastery.

Weapon Preference: Mathias is different than others from Raelus. He wears heavy plate armor with a chain mail suit under it. He prefers not to wear a helm, for it would block any view to his hair. For weapons, he uses a broadsword in one hand, an a double-headed axe in the other. He is of average skill with a bow.

RP Sample: The Swift sighed. The traveling was going slow. What was there for a Scizor to do on this excursion? This is going to damned slow. We need to get there. I cannot do this for much longer. He decided to go do some recon to pass the time. "I'm going to go do some recon. To pass the time." Jirmonji told whoever was listening. He darted off into the distance far, far ahead of the rest of the group. It felt good to be running again. One could only take so much of walking in a mob. He had to run free.As he scanned the horizon for threats, he thought about the events of late.

The riots he had started with Gallant were on purpose, though being captured was not exactly part of the plan. The arrival of Sovereign was also not supposed to happen. They surely would have died if the rest of the Gold Tribe had not arrived. I owe them my life, and more. I swore the oath. I am theirs. He was grateful. He just wished that the Sentinels had not been there. Otherwise, the city would've been theirs months ago. The battle that had insued their almost-execution was the largest one he had been in since Gold City. He had escaped that blasted Tyrannitar to run right into Zane "Vigil" and Defender, who had run off. They had eventually defeated the Ancients and Sentinels with the arrival of the Alpha Alliance army. They even managed to defeat two of them. The Golden Catacombs had been some-what of a success, if it could be called that. They had learned various information, and met perhaps the oldest member of the Gold Tribe still alive. Now they were off on another escapade within days.

The Swift returned to reality with a jolt. He said to no one in particular, since there was no one around, "Damn. How long have I been out?" He realized he had passed out in the midst of his thinking.

Other: My roleplay sample is my latest post in Pokemon: Odyssey

Side: Knights of Ekilore

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
@Heretostay: We appreciate your interest, but we will have to deny your SU. Your character does not really fit a citizen of Raelus, considering the culture and nature of its people and your writing sample does not meet the standards we are looking for in our RPers. Additionally, if I have counted correctly you are in an impressive five roleplays. Aerion would make six and Supervegeta and I have every intention to finish this and we need every roleplayer to be active and committed. With so many RPs under your belt, it may be difficult to keep up with Aerion's occassional strenuous demands on its roleplayers.

We genuinely appreciate your interest and time.

Back