• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Autumn Wind (Game Update)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2017
Hi! I am working on a fan made Pokemon game made with Pokemon essentials called Pokemon Autumn Wind. Autumn Wind is a game with fall and halloween being used all themes in the game. It is a game not about defeating all the gym leaders. But instead, it is about defeating all of your competitors who all use different types of Pokemon. With your character joining the side that uses ghost type Pokemon.(To fit in with the halloween theme a bit.)​

Intro- In Autumn Wind you are a person who has already become a trainer. You want to join a group known as the Ghost Guild. You have always wanted to join the Ghost Guild since you started your adventure as a trainer. So, you head towards the Ghost Guild building along with your rival.
(The rival can be named whatever you would like.) Once you arrive at the Ghost Guild building you battle your rival and register to join the ghost guild. Once you are done with registration you select a partner from a choice of four people. Your partner will assist you in what are called Guild Battles, where you and your partner must defeat other rival guilds all of which specialize in a certain type of Pokemon.

Goal-The goal of the game is not to defeat the gym leaders, (However, you can battle them if you wish. It is optional.) But it is instead, to defeat all of the rival guilds in Guild Battles in hopes of winning a special reward at the end.

Features-
Create your character by selecting your gender, character model, and color palette.
Different storyline and objective.
Can choose from all starters from all generations
Pokemon from all generations
All ghost type Pokemon can be found in the game.
Double battles have a bigger emphasis in the game.
Multiple pathways to change the way the story will play so what you say and do will effect the game.
Multiple endings

Screenshots-
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Early Alpha Download-
https://www.mediafire.com/?wc7yrn0hmtshzh6

Credits-
Pokemon essentials by Maruno
Tileset by rafa-cac on deviantart (Tileset has been edited a little by me.)​

Please let me know what you think of my game so far. I would love some feedback.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 236
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    17.7 KB · Views: 230
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    20.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    18.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    25.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
Just a couple of thoughts here. I would recommend allowing the player to be able to choose from more than just the Ghost Guild. The player character is supposed to be, in a sense, an embodiment of the person playing the game, and some people just aren't Ghost Type people. You'd be confining them to something they might not be a fan of. Or, at the very least, offer them an out. An option to get non-Ghost starters.

Other than that, just a couple of small comments. The sprites could use a little bit of work, the mapping could use a little work; it felt wide open and empty. (Also, you mixed different generations in that tileset, but I don't know if that's a bad thing).

Lastly, I just want to say that it's nice to see that there's a game where fighting the Gyms is optional. I've only known of one other game, a full-game, where that wasn't part of it. But allowing the player's choices to affect the story has kinda become a bit common recently, and it's hard to do. So I wish you luck with that!

That's pretty much all I had to say.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2017
Just a couple of thoughts here. I would recommend allowing the player to be able to choose from more than just the Ghost Guild. The player character is supposed to be, in a sense, an embodiment of the person playing the game, and some people just aren't Ghost Type people. You'd be confining them to something they might not be a fan of. Or, at the very least, offer them an out. An option to get non-Ghost starters.

Other than that, just a couple of small comments. The sprites could use a little bit of work, the mapping could use a little work; it felt wide open and empty. (Also, you mixed different generations in that tileset, but I don't know if that's a bad thing).

Lastly, I just want to say that it's nice to see that there's a game where fighting the Gyms is optional. I've only known of one other game, a full-game, where that wasn't part of it. But allowing the player's choices to affect the story has kinda become a bit common recently, and it's hard to do. So I wish you luck with that!

That's pretty much all I had to say.

Thank you for the feedback. I am trying my best with the game.
The reason why the ghost guild is only available is because of the halloween theme.
I am still working on the tileset and stuff but, it needs more time on it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2017
Progress is also being made to try and publish a demo.
But, any feedback for the alpha would still be great.
Please let me know what you think of my game so far.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
When I try to open the game it tells me RGSS-RTP standard not found won't let me play, pretty gutted D:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2017
Sorry about the lack of updates for the game lately. But, here is a look at things to come. I am changing the graphics of the game, and I have some new partner and player characters coming soon.
The tiles for the game now also has tiles made by Whitney's Shaman on Pokemon Community. I might have a demo or another alpha version update soon. If you want to send me screenshots of your own adventure in Autumn Wind you can post a screenshot of it here. I thought it would be fun to share trainer cards or stories of your adventure in my game. Let me know what you think about these things.
Here are some new screenshots
attachment.php

attachment.php

These three screenshots below are the new partner characters that are coming soon.
Kimiko: A girl who has always loved ghost stories since she was little. She is nice and caring. Her starter is Shuppet.
attachment.php

Violet: An energetic lady who loves ghosts as well as beauty, including dark-colored clothes. Her starter is Litwick.
attachment.php

Levi: A shy, quiet boy with long hair. He is embarrassed when people call his hair girly, as he tries to dress like a shiny Gourgeist. His starter is Pumpkaboo.
attachment.php

Attachments

• coming soon 1.PNG
    coming soon 1.PNG
    28.9 KB · Views: 81
  • coming soon 2.PNG
    coming soon 2.PNG
    15.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Partner number 2.png
    Partner number 2.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Partner choice C.png