• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Whenever I'm doing a story on a desktop, I get uncomfortable, and I feel like I'm chained to the wall as my computers sex slave and confined and...I just don't like the atmosphere...

I can see an addition to the FFL "list", if you catch my drift.

Bay

Years
In what stage of the writing process do you decide on a title?
During the planning stages. Usually after I have an idea of where the story's going to go, I instantly have a title in mind.

Chapter titles, on the other hand, I usually wait until I finish it because I tend to change events sometimes.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
Well, my final decision on the title occurs when I'm into the early planning part of it. So, I decide on a title early on, as it's usually the net of the fic. [/ifthatmakesanysense]

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
Well I started writing my first fanfic and came up with the title to match the basic idea of the story. But If I make more than one I would say either in early planning or after a few chapters.

Sike_Saner

*aromatisse noise*
Years

I think it varies for me. The reason that I say that "I think" it does is because I don't remember for certain when I decided on the title for my first Pokémon fic, and the same goes for all of the fics that I wrote prior to it. As for my second Pokémon fic, I'd written several chapters before I decided on the title.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Joe said:
and I feel like I'm chained to the wall as my computers sex slave

:O

Romantical Joe ;D said:
Especially because I love writing outside on my porch at night

Gettin' romantical with your computer.

I usually pull a line from the story and say, "Hey, you're my new title. Congratulations." and there you go. For e1337, you have to admit, that is the greatest name ever. ;D But that's all normally at the end unless something hits me beforehand, like with JaB.

Txtyyy(lessthanthreeeee) said:
I can see an addition to the FFL "list", if you catch my drift.

Pplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplz????

Last edited:

Duncan McNeil

[release].your.grip
Years

Generally when I first begin, although many times I'll use a placeholder for a while and change it before I'm totally done with it. Like my one-shot, Blazing Dreams: The Phantom Overlord. For about a month there, it was The Eternity Crystal but I changed it at the last second.

Chapter titles are generally done a ways in advance of writing them, although I sometimes change them later.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years

The title is usually the first thing I think about when writing fanfiction. I just run random titles through my head and if one sounds good, I think up a good plot to fit it. I know, I'm a very backwards thinker.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Seriously, what was that? o_O

omg dnt mak fun ov me cuz im st00pit :<

The title is usually the first thing I think about when writing fanfiction. I just run random titles through my head and if one sounds good, I think up a good plot to fit it. I know, I'm a very backwards thinker.

It's okay, Gummy. I'm an upside down thinker...

That sounds painful...and fun...at the same time.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years

I got the title after I figured out the personality of my first charter. but generally after I figure out what the story is going to be about.

When you guys are writing on the computer, do you find it easier on a desktop computer, or a laptop?
Laptop, that's all I own. I am always on the move, so it's nice to just pull out my laptop and start typing; however, I bought a full-sized keyboard for my computer that I use at home. I find it so much easier to use it, especially since I am always bumping the touch pad wile I am typing, and that messes up my progress so I also bought one of those wireless mice for my computer.

I am planning on buying Dragon Naturally Speaking; voice recognition software. Do any of you own it, if so how do you like it?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
When you guys are writing on the computer, do you find it easier on a desktop computer, or a laptop?

Well, guys, someone wouldn't know because she doesn't have a laptop. :<

But I'mma try to get one wif mah birfday moneyz. :3

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
For some reason, I feel very patronized... >_<

"Anyway, this cake is great! It's so delicious and moist!"

The week just isn't quite complete in this thread until:

A. Someone propositions someone else.
B. Jax attempts a round of karaoke.

When I pull one fresh from my rear somewhere along the line.

Seriously, I don't have a particular stage. Sometimes, I stick with the first title I give the beast (like I did with Bloom). Sometimes, I propose and pitch several titles from the time I start planning to the time I'm ready to post (like I'm doing with a WIP that I'll be releasing sometime in October/November). Sometimes, I don't come up with one until I'm completely finished (like I did with a number of my one-shots). It all depends on what ideas I get during the entire writing process.

Really, I don't find much of a difference. On the one hand, I like the clacking sound a desktop's keyboard makes and will write craploads just to hear myself type. (Yes, I'm weird.) On the other hand, laptops have that space right next to the touchpad where I can rest my wrists, rather than have them dangling over the keyboard, and my fingers tend to hurt after awhile of typing on a desktop. Other than that, a computer's a computer to me.

'Course, there's also an added difficulty that a desktop has in that I've only had laptops for the past six years and will need to actually hunt down a desktop if I want to use one, but.

Burnt Flower

Horror Mistress
Years

Laptop, definitely.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Usually the stage following my third hamburger at Applebee's - hence my ridiculously long-winded title names.

For fics, it's totally at random. For chapters, I usually come up with something at the last minute as I'm posting it XD

EDIT: First on page. I am epic.
I was the first to post on the previous page? Am I epic too?
At least we didn't break the FFL like Bay did when she was the first to post on page 259 XD

New topic(s):
Pokemon Centers: How can they offer their services for free?
and...
Officer Jenny/Nurse Joy: What are your thoughts on the "identical families"?

Meh, I'll answer when I'm not drop dead gorgeous tired...

txteclipse

The Last
Years
I was the first to post on the previous page? Am I epic too?

Yes. Welcome to the ranks of epic people.

Every once in a while, they steal a rare Pokemon from a trainer and sell it to support the biz. Or they get funding from...oh...I don't know...the Pokemon League? Which is like...the government?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years

I'd say since Pokemon training is so popular, Pokemon centers are government funded.

I personally try to avoid the clones. Back when I was writing P:SN, I wanted to have all Joy/Jenny's different in either personality or appearance.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years

They don't need much money to run their services because they only use placebos. They're a lot more effective than you think!

Identical families my ass, there's only one Officer Jenny and only one Nurse Joy. They just follow Ash and co. around because they have nothing better to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back