• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I wouldn't walk around giving people papercuts just because those are generally forgotten about fairly quickly, as opposed to punches in the face.

Hey, I got punched in the face not too long ago and I wasn't even mad or angry at all. Not even the tiniest bit of rage.

But there lies my problem. Because of how awesome I am as an individual when it comes to dealing with ****, I have the expectation that other people should also be able to handle things at a similar level to me. So when I used to harass people or whatever I'd expect them not to be too phased by it but this isn't always the case as I've come to realize in more recent times. I'm beginning to really understand that not everyone can be as good as me when it comes to certain things (and vice versa too, fine I won't be totally up my own ass here haha). It's one of the few things I've managed to truly comprehend while soul searching.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I don't use youtube often enough to have noticed. I usually just use PC and facebook.

I still don't see much problem of irritating people. :? Seems like people are just overly sensitive about it. Just my opinion, though.

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
I feel that you should just feed them a bit and then ignore them.

It's just like feeding a baby, you need to give them food but not to where they're full of it.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
So... troll = baby?
Interesting. x:
Then again, their screaming all night does get really annoying.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hey, I got punched in the face not too long ago and I wasn't even mad or angry at all. Not even the tiniest bit of rage.

But there lies my problem. Because of how awesome I am as an individual when it comes to dealing with ****, I have the expectation that other people should also be able to handle things at a similar level to me. So when I used to harass people or whatever I'd expect them not to be too phased by it but this isn't always the case as I've come to realize in more recent times. I'm beginning to really understand that not everyone can be as good as me when it comes to certain things (and vice versa too, fine I won't be totally up my own ass here haha). It's one of the few things I've managed to truly comprehend while soul searching.

Yeah I had to spend some time learning that as well. I was a complete hypocrite; if someone told me not to get so upset over something I would get pissed off because who were they to be the arbiter of my emotions, but at the same time I would tell other people that what they're upset about wasn't important enough and that they were "overly sensitive", indirectly declaring myself the arbiter of their feelings. Since then I've matured a lot (hopefully!) and taught myself that just because I may not be upset by it, that doesn't mean the people that are upset by it are too sensitive. Just different. It took a lot of work and I still trip up sometimes, but it's a more empathetic and less egocentric me. :)

Slender, if you punched Drakow in the stomach he would probably stare at you in mild confusion. If you punched me in the stomach I would probably pass out. Am I "overly sensitive" for reacting that way? Physical harm is the same as emotional harm - people are different and react differently to different things. If you're messing with someone and you expect them not to be hurt physically by something and they are, do you tell them it's their fault for being overly sensitive? If you know that a good amount of the people you encounter would be physically hurt if you ran headlong into them, would you continue to do that to strangers? You still have a lot of maturing to do.

Honest

Hi!
Years
tumblr_mcvv229WWP1r98m7m.gif

Let's not get into a fight.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That isn't how I meant it.
I can't really explain at the moment, considering I'm on the phone. >_> I'm unable to concentrate enough to think when I'm attempting to hold a conversation. But at this point I don't even want to bother explaining. I see no point in the conversation, honestly.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
But Drakow, don't you do karate? Of course if you got punched in the face it's normal haha. I do MMA but when someone punches me in the face I don't turn into The Hulk and go on a rampage since that's what you would be expecting doing contact sports :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Sorry if you don't find it important enough Dipu, but trolling actually affects a lot of people a lot of the time. People literally kill themselves over trolling. When someone starts trying to argue that what they're doing isn't morally wrong, it's reasonable to get upset over it.

Edit: on a less serious note, I could never do a contact sport. I did just start doing sport-like exercise recently though!

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'm not saying I don't find it important, Toujie, cause I do. I know very well how bad trolling is and what it can lead to, I've seen it on the news. I just don't believe this is the right place for it. I always looked at this as a place to kick back and relax, not debate about stuff. Sorry if I sound messed up or something. ;;

But I do agree with Toujie, ftr.

Years
But Drakow, don't you do karate? Of course if you got punched in the face it's normal haha. I do MMA but when someone punches me in the face I don't turn into The Hulk and go on a rampage since that's what you would be expecting doing contact sports :P

Yeah but I don't really do contact karate - although I've gotten into that recently at another dojo. When I train normally it's just very light contact stuff so barely touching. My karate is more focussed on kata - applications of the karate techniques - rather than sparring and competitions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5b5iT2Gx-E

Like that for example. I was doing light freestyle sparring with my opponent but I think we both took it a bit too far haha. I didn't think I was hitting him that hard but I can underestimate my strength at times so I think I was hitting him harder than I thought so when he had the chance to wallop me, he took it.

So for me, getting punched in the face is not normal and I didn't have any head protection and he wasn't wearing any gloves either so I took the maximum impact from his punch. I had to hold back the tears. In MMA, with the gloves and helmets and stuff I really do imagine getting hit in the face wouldn't be that big of an issue at all. I could have gotten really angry at him. I could have been like "dude what the **** don't you understand about "light, freestyle sparring" but I didn't.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Even with the gloves and the helmets I would still probably pass out tbh.

Years
I've not tried the helmets yet but at this other karate club I recently joined (yay for being a white belt again haha!) they have you wear a chest padding plate thing to help condition the body when the other guy punches and kicks you. It took a little bit of time getting used to. To just stand there and take a bunch of attacks without guarding and really feeling the impact of the techniques (although I have done plenty of pad work in the past, the armour is slightly different because it's attached to your body). But yeah by my second lesson I was used to it and I can take the hits now. I gotta tone down the level of my attacks though because I kick too hard sometimes, even with the armour.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Is it true that in a lot of karate clubs you can basically buy your way to a black belt?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I just typed out a reply, then deleted it before posting. I'm in a bad mood and will end up starting a fight.

I don't care much about sports, honestly. It would require being social. Just doesn't interest me.

Years
Is it true that in a lot of karate clubs you can basically buy your way to a black belt?

I can't say for certain but I do know that GKR Karate, one of the biggest karate organizations around is a bunch of horse crap. When I was unemployed, I went to one of their clubs to try and get some work there as a self defence consultant and he was like "yeah you'll have to take our accelerated black belt course as part of the requirements to get the job. You should be able to complete it in around two years". And I just thought to myself accelerated black belt course, what the ****? What kind of person gets a black belt in two years? I've had a look into their website and stuff as well and this is an organization that just wants to make money. They try to sell the concept of "karate for all the family" (so that they can make more money) and they have people who go door to door to try and get people to join their karate clubs, which I kind of compare with those Christian people who go knocking door to door trying to convert people to their faith. These GKR people are just a complete disgrace to karate in my opinion and you know what, I wouldn't be surprised if they do have a bunch of black belts who just paid their way to get it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah those kinds of courses is exactly what I mean, like they get people to spend money to become a black belt fast and then they get to advertise "We have 300 black belts around the world!" or whatever and get more money. Shadyyy.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
That's one thing about karate, wisdom haha^^

You could have probably knocked him out but you didn't and kept your cool :P

Toujours, how about sumo wrestling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back