• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
I have been meaning to ask this of everyone, so I will ask you and include everyone in the question.. Do you find it easier/funner/less boring/faster/all or none of the above to sr than to just run around hunting random shinies? I find it incredibly boring... but well worth the reward when you finally get what you are sr-ing for I guess. How many of you would actually RATHER sr than hatching or randomly encountering?
Kim

i rather hunt for wild pokemon its more of a safari more exciting and gives me lots more gratification when i get the shiny im hunting . sring is alright but to meh its just not up there with rarity . when you sr your garunteed that pokemon to be shiny and while sure a shiny mewtwo might be stronger then my shiny oddish but to me my safari zone oddish out rares your shiny legendary any day XP . only reason i hatch for shiny pokemon is for ivs and natures or in the case of shellder i dont have a fr to fish for one so hatching is my only shot . I consider hatching to be rarer then sr pokemon too . even tho the same stigma o its 100% fool proof I hold shiny hatchs just a bit higher then sr pokemon becuz it takes so long XP . all in all every shiny is rare to begin with XP and when I complete my full hoenn starter set ill have something to brag about bahaha . I think i'll hunt down sum ghostys with Kim today while sring for jirachi

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
I have been meaning to ask this of everyone, so I will ask you and include everyone in the question.. Do you find it easier/funner/less boring/faster/all or none of the above to sr than to just run around hunting random shinies? I find it incredibly boring... but well worth the reward when you finally get what you are sr-ing for I guess. How many of you would actually RATHER sr than hatching or randomly encountering?
Kim

Personally i'm of the same opinion as you, after a while SRing just bores the pants off me, but at least with SRing you have no chance of getting a shiny you don't want.

And on that note, i've decided to hatch for a shiny farfetch'd on emerald just as soon as i can, seeing as that is about the only shiny i don't know anyone having.

EDIT: Akida i'm assuming that the shinies in your avatar are the shinies you currenty own? cause if so then i have to say you have a nice collection.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
JUST GOT A SHINY TREEECKO OMG YES LMAO YESSSSSSSSSS one more and i complete treecko family LMAO YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS lmao

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
JUST GOT A SHINY TREEECKO OMG YES LMAO YESSSSSSSSSS one more and i complete treecko family LMAO YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS lmao
FEEL MY WRATH! LOL, just kidding (mostly anyway, :P) Confreakingratulations. :D What in the world am I doing wrong anyway? I swear I must not be holding my tongue right or something.

Kratos, yes, those are my shinies in my avatar.. thanks!
Kim

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I'd rather egg hatch for shinies so that I can influence their IVs, natures, and moves. It's better to have a shiny with flawless IVs, perfect natures, and a good moveset than one that just "looks cool" and sits there in the dust. Unfortunately, I simply don't have all the things I need to breed for such shiny Pokemon. That will all change in D/P. I simply soft reset because I like lots of the pokemon that can be soft reset for.

On a whim, I'm hunting for Registeel on Emerald2. I'll SR while I progress through XD...gotta soft reset for Lugia somehow. It seems like everyone is soft resetting for Jirachi nowadays. I should join and use my brother's Sapphire.

Just got a new ID on LG, 61316. I remember a while I go, I had an ID that was 61716. Wish me luck.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
Would you have any pictures? Because two days is an awfully short period of time to find a shiny in.

2225 Beldums, 475 Chikos.

no I don't have any pics XP I can not use the camera right now . I will post it tommorrow if I can get the camera . also it's not the first time I've caught 3 shiny pokemon in 2 days XP . hopefully I can catch another shiny today or tommorrow and keep up my streak . i'm sring for my 3rd treecko as we speak (my new id for this treecko is 51351 and no I dont sr for ids becuz i think its stupid just posting my id incase someone asks what it is my id for the treecko i just got shiny is 17474 and the one for torchic is 6000 somthing XP i dont feel like looking XP btw shiny treecko is quiet nature )

XxXRiho

Unbe-frilling-leivable.
Years
OMFG, BABE! LMAO. Frickin give me some of the poke-steroids in your finger tips. lmao. XP CONGRATS!!! :D
<3

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Does anyone know if it's true that lowering a Pokemon's stats makes it easier to capture while the Pokemon raising it's stats make it harder to capture? If that's true, I'm going to have a heck of a time trying to catch shiny Registeel, Regice, and Regirock.

I don't soft reset for IDs, at least not anymore. It's not worth looking for, really.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
Does anyone know if it's true that lowering a Pokemon's stats makes it easier to capture while the Pokemon raising it's stats make it harder to capture? If that's true, I'm going to have a heck of a time trying to catch shiny Registeel, Regice, and Regirock.

I don't soft reset for IDs, at least not anymore. It's not worth looking for, really.

stats effect nothing . only status condition such as sleep and poison . best ones are sleep and frozen but good luck trying to freeze them . If I run into a shiny right now i'll use hypnosis with my exeggutor XP

btw 25 shiny pokemon LMAO so my goal has been met before dp XP but now for my new goal to have 30 shiny pokemon before dp XP so i need another five in two and a half weeks . fun !!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Yes, I know that Sleep and Freeze are the best while Poison, Burn, and Paralyze are only half-effective as the former. I just needed to know if stats affected anything.

I think Shido will get another shiny Treecko before the week is over.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
Yes, I know that Sleep and Freeze are the best while Poison, Burn, and Paralyze are only half-effective as the former. I just needed to know if stats affected anything.

I think Shido will get another shiny Treecko before the week is over.

lmao andI answered you lowering stats effects nothing at lol . but either way gl :)

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
Eh, I'm going to set my goal high; I'm hoping for 20 shinies before D/P. Congrats on meeting yours, Shido. You're simply too lucky. :disappoin

ill cnsider myself too lucky when I find seven shiny pokemon in one day XD till then I am just blessed by the shiny pokegods

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
Years
Kim

Yeah I find it incredibly boring to SR for shinies. I mean theres no actual garuntee that your going to find the shiny anyways. I would probably have to go with just walking around trying to find a shiny because its more entertaining for me. I mean in the time being you can kill some wild pokemon, until you actually find a shiny.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
alright i can get the camera in about half hour or so . so ill post pics around then ( dony blame me for fuzzyness XP ) .

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
ill cnsider myself too lucky when I find seven shiny pokemon in one day XD till then I am just blessed by the shiny pokegods

If you're referring to me, then I only found six in one day IIRC, and all of them were unobtainable. I haven't even seen another shiny on my Emerald since then.

mrplanters said:
Yeah I find it incredibly boring to SR for shinies. I mean theres no actual garuntee that your going to find the shiny anyways. I would probably have to go with just walking around trying to find a shiny because its more entertaining for me. I mean in the time being you can kill some wild pokemon, until you actually find a shiny.
The EXACT same thing can be said for hunting for shinies in the wild. At least when you soft reset you're guarenteed to run into only one Pokemon, unlike most cases with wild hunting. Soft resetting is probably THE fastest way to get a specific shiny. To get any shiny, I'd say just running around in the grass is fastest. And why would you kill a wild pokemon when it just wastes time? I'd probably only kill wild Poke's if I needed PokeRus (which I do =/)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Dudes - I only have one more month of class before my summer vacation. And then I have to wait 5 more weeks before my friends and sisters are on their summer vacations.
So that means I'm going to have a whole lot of nothing to do. Which means I'll probably be shiny hunting my ass off in Diamond and Pearl.
But in the mean-time... I'm home for the weekend and I forgot my Pokemon games...
Sad times!
I found out that this honor society I'm joining (because I get genius-status grades) has its initiation on the 22nd of this month. So... this means it looks like I'm gonna be whipping out my DS during the reception and ignoring everybody's congratulatory remarks! Take that world!
And congrats on the Treeko, Shido - that's... a neat capture. Although I really don't understand why you'd SR for a Pokemon you already have.
Speaking of SRing vs hunting vs breeding vs whatever else... SRing is a a pain in the butt. I did it for a Sudowoodo (hey - i just put the pieces of its name together "pseudo" meaning fake or imaginary and "woodo" meaning wood + an "O") but nothing ever came of it and I really just got bored. Every shiny I have was found in the wild - it's more interesting - and hatching is just a pain too. It's so annoying keeping track of all the eggs in your PC and biking back and forth gets really tiresome.
*High fives for wild hunting*

Back