• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Someone should make something like Swapping Team challenge. In start you have team of 4, and after every gym you need to box 1 your team member and capture & train new Poke.

That's really similar to the Gym Leader Challenge, where you have to use the same type as every gym leader.

Well, you wouldn't necessarily have to switch to the gym leader's type though, so I guess it could be made.

Hey Sidian, can I make a Nuzlocke Challenge thread for Pokemon Raptor?
Its a fangame but its all the way complete and downloadable

Sorry, just official games.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
what about a challenge based upon either:

-the pokemon's gender ratio (ie only pokemon with a 75/25 gender ratio?)

-Egg group?

-Pokemon based on the same animal or group of animals?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
what about a challenge based upon either:

-the pokemon's gender ratio (ie only pokemon with a 75/25 gender ratio?)

-Egg group?

-Pokemon based on the same animal or group of animals?

Gender ratio is new, but sounds kinda weird. Elaborate? Egg group has been done before, and I want to say animal has, but I don't think there are currently any challenge of the like up, so that one's up for a go.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
well basically, you can only choose pokemon that have the same male/female ratio..
Such as clefairy and Jigglypuff are both 25/75.
I dont think theres that much to it...

and for the animals, im not sure, but for instance reptiles.. they could use Feraligatr, sceptile, arbok?
Im not sure how many usable groups there could be though, and itd robably come down to set teams :/

Years
I have two ideas:

1. You must pick a letter at the beginning of the challenge. You may only use pokemon that's species name starts with that letter.

2. You must pick a theme (i.e. pigs) and use only pokemon that fit into that theme.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I have two ideas:

1. You must pick a letter at the beginning of the challenge. You may only use pokemon that's species name starts with that letter.

2. You must pick a theme (i.e. pigs) and use only pokemon that fit into that theme.

Number one sounds fun, and I don't think I've seen it before. However, number two I think has been done and it is probably called the animal challenge or something.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
Years
What about a challenge in which you have to defeat the Gym Leaders and Elite Four using Pokémon that have a type disadvantage against them.

Example: Challenging Roxanne with Flying Pokémon, etc.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
well ,the SUPAR challenge is a bust :(
but do we have a FRLG nuzlocke thread up yet?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I've a couple ideas:

A Ditto only run.

A mono-attack run with Struggle (in the sense of, you can only use other moves on Wild Pokemon to get down to zero PP, but you can't gain experience from them). It'd be very difficult.

Or a (possibly solo Pokemon) run that basically forces you to use Pokemon with a base stat total of 300 or less. Which, for reference, makes the first forms of all the starters ineligible (though they can be used until an eligible team member is found).

Or a run that forces you to catch all your team members and all the legendary Pokemon with Poke Balls at full health.

hack1

Dragon Green
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
I made rules for Swapping Team Challenge if someone want's to host it:
1. You start with team of 4 Pokemon. They must be different species.
2. After every gym, you need to box 1 your ORGINAL team member and capture a new one. (This means you cannot have your starter or other 3 Pokemon you first captured at E4)
3. No legendaries.
4. 2 HM slaves on party, but you can have multiple in box.
5. You can complete this challenge with any pokemon so no hacking.
-Additional rules-
1. Capture first Pokemon you see after gym.
2. Replace same type members. (If you have a Bulbasaur, you can replace it with Oddish and Koffing but you can't replace it with Rattata or Pidgey)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Or a (possibly solo Pokemon) run that basically forces you to use Pokemon with a base stat total of 300 or less. Which, for reference, makes the first forms of all the starters ineligible (though they can be used until an eligible team member is found).
This would probably be more effective if you just enter in a solo challenge and say you're doing this for an added difficulty; I know someone beat one of my challenges with just a Pidgey.
Or a run that forces you to catch all your team members and all the legendary Pokemon with Poke Balls at full health.
This wouldn't be that hard, because I oftentimes basically do a solo/duo run for like red/blue with a Nidoking or Nidoking and my starter. Also you would be able to get event Pokemon.
My responses are bolded...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
well ,the SUPAR challenge is a bust
but do we have a FRLG nuzlocke thread up yet?

Haha, I might enter on Diamond or Pearl. idk yet. I really don't enjoy those games anymore though, so...yeah.

Also, the no Pokemon Center run comes to mind. You're not allowed to enter the Pokemon Center, so stock up on Potions, Ethers, and such. Teach new TMs and attacking move when you can...basically, you really gotta use your head for how you're going to do this one. I've seen it done on YouTube by someone. Interesting, I must say. I'd probably never try, but...

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
What about something called Pokemon survival, it would be the hardest challenge ever, no poke centers or marts, live off what you find in the wild, and if a Pokemon faints too bad, that's right 6 pokemon the whole game!
I was sort of joking but I'd like to see if someone could do it, *points at myrrhman*

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I hope you guys do realize that just because we come up with challenge ideas in this thread, it doesn't mean it has to be made. I don't want people running a ton of challenges and/or not entering what they start. A lot of challenges don't get approved just because of that one rule about participating. I have no tolerance for it. But if you can keep up with it and any other challenges you host, that's fine...just have fun completing them all.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
Years
Sorry, Sydian, I was just asking for permission to make that thread (now that I think about it, it's the wrong place to ask for permission to make a thread).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nah, I just felt like I should say something about it. I see people make challenges all the time and they have a bunch of others and I think, "omg how can you do all that". I don't want you guys overloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back