• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I really want to finish my Favorite Challenge asap. I have an urge to play a 1st or 2nd gen game.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
There's nothing wrong with linking something as shameless advertising in your sig. I have my pair in my sig, and a Pokedex entry.

In other news, I'm a volbeat bzzt *bugbuzz*

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Haven't played Pokemon for ages... like 1 week, to be more exact.

Yeah. Just checked at the most trusted video game shop in Bucharest. They had HGSS right on 26th of March, and confirmed the fact that they are importing BW. Yeah. I'm a happy person.

5th March, Saturday, 3PM : Me and Pokemon Black... <3
...obsession. n_n'

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
Years
Wow I expected to miss like 5 pages by being inactice for about 3 days..

Wow I expected to beat Ruby in one day..

Wow I expected myself to stop saying wow..

Realize the fact I actually fainted typing this message because I got up too fast..

Beat ruby though and I am about to have a looong update.. ;D

Enigma

Years
*sigh* Taking a break on my Favorites Challenge, since I technically have to start all over again. :/
I'll be doing 1st and 2nd gen. challenges, since those are much quicker and more convenient. Then I'll go back to that challenge. (or at least that's the plan)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I'm just taking a break from challenges altogether for a while now. I may resume soon, and I hope I do, but I just haven't had the motivation to keep playing one. I mean the last time I played was three days ago, and I played for a little bit and pretty much turned it off.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Am I the only one who's steamed through the Dexter challenge on Crystal? :|

I started today and all ready am on my 7th badge o_o

Enigma

Years
Am I the only one who's steamed through the Dexter challenge on Crystal? :|

I started today and all ready am on my 7th badge o_o

I can also get through challenges equally as fast in the first two generations. I didn't finish my current Crystal challenge last night only because it was like 1 in the morning, and I was tired.

In other off-topic news, I am going to love having a new signature/avatar soon<3

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
When Pokemon B/W come out I plan to finish my Flying Monotype. I just want to know what Pokemon I should use.
These are the options for my team:
Unfezant*
Spr_5b_521_f.png

Swoobat
528.png

Sigilyph
561.png

Archeops
567.png

Swanna*
581.png

Mandibuzz
630.png

Emolga
587.png

(* = defiantly on my team)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
When Pokemon B/W come out I plan to finish my Flying Monotype. I just want to know what Pokemon I should use.
These are the options for my team:
Spoiler:
Yeah, I have a flying monotype that I may do on White, since Togekiss is in White. Dunno about the others, though. The fossil one looks good...

and I did get Slaking on my normal monotype ruby part. Not gonna use Girafarig, though.

Enigma

Years
Not gonna use Girafarig, though.
That's a wise decision, I think. You are already doing a solo challenge with Girafarig, and I think it would be somewhat redundant to train a Girafarig in a different challenge as well. But that's just me.

Remnants

Bringer of Hope
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Trying to start the favorite challenge, but surprisingly, not many people are posting in here I guess, so I don't have my types yet. Also, I'm going to postpone my ultimate mono-type challenge until I finish a nuzlocke, which I'll start after the favorite challenge.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

That's a wise decision, I think. You are already doing a solo challenge with Girafarig, and I think it would be somewhat redundant to train a Girafarig in a different challenge as well. But that's just me.
Lol, that's not why, although that does make sense. I like to limit my team to four, five at the most on monotypes, since I almost always need an HM slave or two. I'm actually planning on using Girafarig in Platinum, though (Togekiss, Lopunny, Girafarig, Staraptor/Porygon-Z/Lickilicky).

Remnants

Bringer of Hope
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
I think I may go ahead and just do the nuzlocke on emerald first, since I can't seem to get a reply for my types in the favorite challenge. I'll give it 15 minutes though, and hopefully someone will have posted by then.

Enigma

Years
Lol, that's not why, although that does make sense. I like to limit my team to four, five at the most on monotypes, since I almost always need an HM slave or two. I'm actually planning on using Girafarig in Platinum, though (Togekiss, Lopunny, Girafarig, Staraptor/Porygon-Z/Lickilicky).

I see. I agree with the need to want only four. In most challenges, I think that the less pokemon, the better. (More convenient to train and whatnot.)
My reason came from the fact that I get bored with training the same pokemon very easily if I start to use them too much. It's probably one of the reasons why I'm procrastinating. (referring to my ultimate challenges)

I think I may go ahead and just do the nuzlocke on emerald first, since I can't seem to get a reply for my types in the favorite challenge. I'll give it 15 minutes though, and hopefully someone will have posted by then.
Eh, sometimes, you just gotta be patient. xP

Remnants

Bringer of Hope
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
lol well, usually I don't have to wait this long on a popular forum, but maybe this section or just this site doesn't get as much traffic as the ones I'm used to.

Anyways, I'm reading the Nuzlocke comic, and it's funny. I like the idea, so I'll start it now. Maybe the next time I get on the site (much later today), there'll be a post.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
lol well, usually I don't have to wait this long on a popular forum, but maybe this section or just this site doesn't get as much traffic as the ones I'm used to.
We are actually going through a slower period...It was really active a couple weeks ago, for some reason...

By the way people, anyone know of good grinding areas/trainer rebattles for pre-Elite Four grinding? I want to get my Username team to L54-56 at least - they are at L51 right now.

Enigma

Years
We are actually going through a slower period...It was really active a couple weeks ago, for some reason...

By the way people, anyone know of good grinding areas/trainer rebattles for pre-Elite Four grinding? I want to get my Username team to L54-56 at least - they are at L51 right now.

In the case of the 4th gen, I'd suggest Victory Road wild pokemon, or the Fisherman you fight on the way to Sunyshore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back