• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: DS Map Graphics Editor

Do you want Platinum, HG/SS and BW first Map for the first release?

• Yes

Votes: 396 90.8%
  • No, later

Votes: 40 9.2%

• Total voters

Pokewiz000

Chinese Translator / Hacker
Years
805587804 is my friend and he is only 13-year-old. so, he used Google translation, =.=

Where are you from? I honestly can't understand a single word you just said.
I think he want to say "Does your tools can hack B/W's Map ?"

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
Oh cool. Fair enough.
You Chinese too?
We will not have a Chinese hacker DS Pokemon Map it! However, we have pushed China to the trainer - to hackers, the case of the wild beast, switching monsters, monster evolution and so on. I admire you foreigners do it - DS Pokemon map editor ~

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
It's better to finish the D/P maps first, it's still early to hack the 5th generation.
At this rate, I think it will finish in 2014.
BTW thanks Link_971 for creating this tool also who supports him, I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Great progression link.
Could you maybe tell more about what Rev8 has for changes compared to Rev7?

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
This project seems to be coming along fabulously.
I'm laughing at the people saying "Don't do DP, do BW since it's new". In case you haven't noticed, we don't actually have a proper tool to edit Gen IV maps yet, so why would he just stop concentrating on it? Besides, we're already safe in the knowledge that this tool will edit BW maps at some point anyway, so just kick back and relax. I for one can't wait for this purely because In my HG hack, I've edited everything EXCEPT the maps, so I can't wait to play around with this.

Link, btw, can you please implement some of the things PPRE has (Wild Pokemon editing and even position editing)? PPRE isn't easy to use for anything other than trainer and wild pokemon editing.

droomph

weeb
Years
Yeah guys, don't rush the process.

Anyways, just wanted to say right now, it's not very usable. NO IT'S ACTUALLY MORE THAN I COULD HAVE EVER DONE (but it doesn't even has a release, so...)

But never mind me, it looks like has great potential, and I think it's coming along wonderfully also!

Not to mention everyone could actually use one...

Also, could you add in a small button somewhere that opens up our favorite script editor (Or PPRE. PPRE is da best.) like the one in Advanced Map? I don't think it would be too bad (but that's just me and my Mac, being all Cocoa and stuff), and it saves a lot of trouble with "loading the game for the first time" (with crossy fingers and all that), because you already have it loaded or whatever.

...Whatever, it's okay. Do whatever you need to do. Our requests should be implemented in, like, a 2.0 release (you're still on something like alpha testing, right?).

...I LOVE YOU (IN A PLATONIC WAY BUT STILL)'

(I can't wait...^^)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
This project seems to be coming along fabulously.
I'm laughing at the people saying "Don't do DP, do BW since it's new". In case you haven't noticed, we don't actually have a proper tool to edit Gen IV maps yet, so why would he just stop concentrating on it? Besides, we're already safe in the knowledge that this tool will edit BW maps at some point anyway, so just kick back and relax. I for one can't wait for this purely because In my HG hack, I've edited everything EXCEPT the maps, so I can't wait to play around with this.

Link, btw, can you please implement some of the things PPRE has (Wild Pokemon editing and even position editing)? PPRE isn't easy to use for anything other than trainer and wild pokemon editing.
Why not to BW first..There's no reason to do DP first.

droomph

weeb
Years
Why not to BW first..There's no reason to do DP first.
Great, YOU try. We don't even know how to change DP yet. There's no rush for BW because we don't know how to.

It's just like how Advance Map is still a work in progress, even 7 years and 2 generations behind the release of the original game.

My point is, HE'S A HUMAN. He has limits.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
So, because there is no script editor, a map editor should not be made either. There really is not logic in that. Anyway, BW first sounds good to me, and apparently 260+ other people? There's no reason to wait to do BW mapper after. If you plan on BW mapper at all, you're going to have to figure everything out in the end anyway, so no use doing DP first as if it's required.

Last edited:
Back