• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think if we know that we want it then surely Nintendo would, they also know how much it would sell which would generate money for them and why wouldn't they create something that would give them millions?
Wasn't there a request sent to GF for GS remakes a long time ago? Has anyone done such a thing for RS remakes yet, if not than we...

blue

gucci
Years

Wasn't there a request sent to GF for GS remakes a long time ago? Has anyone done such a thing for RS remakes yet, if not than we...

There was actually, back in Ocotober someone created a Twitter account asking Junichi Masuda himself something regarding RS Remakes and he replied: "Thanks for your thoughts. Ruby and Sapphire are important games to me. I will consider your request."

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I honestly, think that for the most part, a RSE Remake would be rather pointless.

For 1, all the Hoenn Pokemon are attainable, simply by transferring them from the GBA version to the DPPl versions then trading them to HGSS or any other game you would want it.

For 2, the only reason I see that they would make the remakes, and this is a big one, is that they'd want to make a quick buck from die hard POKeMON fans that wouldn't second guess buying another installation to the franchise.

I stand by my previous response though (like 20 pages back) I'd buy it anyway. Despite is uselessness, I'd be excited for any interesting additions. And Hoenn has been the only one that hasn't been redesigned.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Hoenn Pokemon being obtainable has nothing to do with remakes. Hgss already proved this because all gen 2 Pokemon were obtainable in gen 3 in some way.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Like I've said before, remaking the game wouldn't be for the Pokemon you obtain. It would be to go through the region like you did in 2003 (most of us anyway) and battle the trainers, the gym leaders, Team Aqua/Magma, and just savor the region and storyline. So yeah, it's got those Pokemon, but we're remaking the game, not the Pokemon. I know in Pokemon the Pokemon are obviously important, it's the name of the damn game. But I think the point of remaking it now would be to update the region, the story, the characters, etc. The Pokemon go with use onward to future generations, the region and people don't, and it would be great if we could relive it, redone and restored. Does this make sense?

Basically, it's not about getting the Pokemon, the timeline, the canon, all the crazy posts I personally don't feel like reading. It's about the region, people, and going on the adventure anew.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Pokémon Journeys

Like I've said before, remaking the game wouldn't be for the Pokemon you obtain. It would be to go through the region like you did in 2003 (most of us anyway) and battle the trainers, the gym leaders, Team Aqua/Magma, and just savor the region and storyline. So yeah, it's got those Pokemon, but we're remaking the game, not the Pokemon. I know in Pokemon the Pokemon are obviously important, it's the name of the [doggone]* game. But I think the point of remaking it now would be to update the region, the story, the characters, etc. The Pokemon go with use onward to future generations, the region and people don't, and it would be great if we could relive it, redone and restored. Does this make sense?

Basically, it's not about getting the Pokemon, the timeline, the canon, all the crazy posts I personally don't feel like reading. It's about the region, people, and going on the adventure anew.

*Censored…Sorry!

I most definitely agree with you, Sydian, because I think that playing Pokémon games gives us all unique experiences. Personally, though, I consider the franchise's titles to be the key to travelling the Pokémon universe; in fact, I'm kind of obsessive when it comes to this: I'm starting over in Kanto with FireRed to gear up for the Hoenn remakes and will probably clear out my save file on SoulSilver to continue this reset quest. The RSEmakes have to happen so that I can keep going! Maybe GameFreak will have released DPPt remakes by the time that I get back to the Sinnoh region (wink, wink.) Now where did that FireRed remake speculation thread go; I want to be able to wirelessly import my old save data from my original Nintendo DS's GBA slot. And maybe when I've finished doing that, I'll finally have time to buy Pokémon Black Version or its eventual remake. Or should I just sit over here in the corner mapping out my own little piece of Pokéarth?

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Then it's about the money, I just don't see the point in remaking the 3 games for any reason besides a nostalgia kick.

Calvolt

Finely tuned machine
Years
Then it's about the money, I just don't see the point in remaking the 3 games for any reason besides a nostalgia kick.
They'd probably only make two, considering how they didn't remake Crystal or Yellow/Green.
Anyway, I hope they do make the remake. Hoenn was one of my favorite generations of Pokémon. Plus, I wouldn't mind the nostalgia kick much at all. :)
If they do make the remakes, I wonder if they'd do remakes for DP or maybe even BW...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Now where did that FireRed remake speculation thread go; I want to be able to wirelessly import my old save data from my original Nintendo DS's GBA slot.

I really hope you're joking. btw, I would never in my life say "doggone", so idk why you censored out damn and replaced it with that. What's the point of quoting someone if you change it? But that's another topic for another time.

Yes yes, money too. Add that to my list. etc. Basically, it's just not about obtaining the gen III Pokemon anymore.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
I don't know if this is true yet by I'll check on my white 2 later. On bulbagarden a member said that a magma and aqua grunt replaced the rocket grunt in iccuris city.

So apparently, in B2W2, the Team Rocket Grunt from Cerulean City is no longer living in his house. He's replaced with a happily married couple (and a Sound Designer). The couple? The woman was a former Aqua Grunt, and the man a former Magma grunt. Or Archie got gender reassignment surgery.

Translation via @bluesun
Roughneck♂: I wanted to expand the land, but I realised that it would cause problems for the Pokemon that live in the sea... oh, keep this a secret from my love!
Ranger♀: A long time ago, I tried to expand the seas, but in doing so the Pokemon living on land would decrease. If that happened, the Pokemon of the seas would surely be sad... ah! keep this a secret from my darling!

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If that true that sort of means RS happened before as the Aqua girl said " A long time ago" aka 5 years if you go by the Frlg-RSE happening at the same time timeline.

This is a nice hint...but the rocket grunt having been there could also be taken as a hint of Kanto remakes by some...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ That's why I'd consider it more of an Easter egg. Now, had the Rocket grunt not been in BW and the Aqua/Magma grunts been in B2W2, I would actually take that as a hint. It's plausible and not just grabbing stars and claiming "HURRR HINT!" but yeah. Unless they're remaking both...ugh let's not even think about that.

blue

gucci
Years
Unlikely but instead of remaking both RSE & FRLG, they could just remake Ruby & Sapphire then you could travel to Kanto afterwards, I know it's unlikely and wouldn't make sense in terms of time line etc but it would save some time and programming.

Also, for those who argue saying that all Hoenn Pokémon are obtainable therefore there is no need for remakes, that kinda defeats the point... Hoenn still needs an upgrade in terms of graphics no doubt about it, that's the primary reason why Fire Red & Leaf Green were created, to bring older games upto more modern systems and it's a similar scenario now with RSE. Take a look at Ruby & Sapphire's graphics, now compare them to Black & White 2's graphics.. it's just like comparing RBY to RSE, they need an upgrade and with the 3DS being introduced.. IMO it just puts it more in favour.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Unlikely but instead of remaking both RSE & FRLG, they could just remake Ruby & Sapphire then you could travel to Kanto afterwards, I know it's unlikely and wouldn't make sense in terms of time line etc but it would save some time and programming.

time line time line TIME LINE. When did Pokemon become Zelda? Like I said during all those theories and debates, who cares if they don't all line up perfectly? Just enjoy the games individually. I think that's really how they're meant to be. I could care less about the time line and what makes sense and what adds to it etc. That's the problem I find with this thread most of the time. I just don't understand, or really care, about the so called timeline and how it connects to RSE remakes. Never cared for the Zelda timeline either, but thank the Lord they finally made an official one so I don't have to hear all the confungled theories.

Also, for those who argue saying that all Hoenn Pokémon are obtainable therefore there is no need for remakes, that kinda defeats the point... Hoenn still needs an upgrade in terms of graphics no doubt about it, that's the primary reason why Fire Red & Leaf Green were created, to bring older games upto more modern systems and it's a similar scenario now with RSE. Take a look at Ruby & Sapphire's graphics, now compare them to Black & White 2's graphics.. it's just like comparing RBY to RSE, they need an upgrade and with the 3DS being introduced.. IMO it just puts it more in favour.

Basically this. Though most people would be like "well hurrr they remade it and now look at frlg they look like rse that means they need a remake too" sigh. I just will never understand the logic behind "we need to remake rby/frlg" but that's not the point of this thread. Though that's the argument you're gonna get about it when you say "look at RSE's graphics" unfortunately.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years

Also, for those who argue saying that all Hoenn Pokémon are obtainable therefore there is no need for remakes, that kinda defeats the point... Hoenn still needs an upgrade in terms of graphics no doubt about it, that's the primary reason why Fire Red & Leaf Green were created, to bring older games upto more modern systems and it's a similar scenario now with RSE.

Actually with FRLG, reintroducing old pokemon was still a major reason, since about 200 pokemon just weren't obtainable with no means to transfer them from gen 2.
So HGSS is the example you are looking for.

Take a look at Ruby & Sapphire's graphics, now compare them to Black & White 2's graphics.. it's just like comparing RBY to RSE, they need an upgrade and with the 3DS being introduced.. IMO it just puts it more in favour.

But.. FRLG graphics were the same as RSE. Meaning gen I plot/games, and gen III plot/games are equally outdated.

Of course Im not suggesting that there should be remakes of the remakes.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
There's also the possibility that they may let you travel to both Johto and Kanto. Team Rocket was the main villain of both first and second generation, and should represent both. Though the likeliness of that happening is questionable. I mean, the main thing they'd work on is of course the story and stuff of the remakes, but then they'd also need to add post-game side quests in the other regions and stuff, and that may take a lot of time. Though I think it's something a lot of fans would want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back