• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
I believe all the types are held within one image. Use Tile Molester instead.

You are hacking Fire Red, right? I recall that I couldn't find them when looking through RSE.

Okay, I have looked. I may have missed something, as there is a whole lot of garbage in there, but still no types =( I will check again.......

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Does anyone know the unLZ numbers for the Badges in Emerald?
I know there's a thread about that, but it gives the number for the Frontier Symbols only...

so.. any1 knows?

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2011
No, Mew won't obey you if catched in the wild, or with the givepokemon script, I think there is a flag that has to be set on to make him obey...

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
i have a question:
i made this titlescreen:
MyFirstSuccess.png

i just wanted to know the error by the 2005 is spomething the game did and i wanna know why T_T it cant be an offset related error if everything else is fine. also the the word it blocked was sega O.O

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Okay checked with tile molester three times through. Still no types. WTF?!!! anyone have any idea where they could be?

E961DC.

Uh...

For reference, if you're adding new types, the pointer system is a bit screwy. It points to the circular object (Pokéball, I think) a row above the types. Then each of the types are pointed to using a strange format beneath that pointer.

There's enough space before "Normal" for a few new images anyway, so the only thing that needs repointing is the pointer list to the ball and types (oh, and the POWER, PP and all that; they're bundled with the types too).

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2009
mmm... yes, you can: do a research in the rom for the pointer of the text (if you doesn't know what's a POINTER, its simply the offset flipped adding 08 at the end, Ex: ABCDEF is a Offset, EFCDAB08 is its pointer). So, you find the istruction msgbox. Then, substract 2 and you find the offset of the msgbox instruction in your script.
Thanks for the help :D Sadly, it doesn't seem to work? Either that or I'm misunderstanding your instructions. So if my text pointer in hex says 80CE93, 93CE80 would be its offset? Then I subtract two from the hex to make 93CE7E. Then...it should work? I subtrated from both the decimal and the hex, neither worked. I guess I just failed at understanding your instructions. Is it possible that someone could help me find the offset of pointer 80CE93 just by using this method? Thanks again, though.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
E961DC.

Uh...

For reference, if you're adding new types, the pointer system is a bit screwy. It points to the circular object (Pokéball, I think) a row above the types. Then each of the types are pointed to using a strange format beneath that pointer.

There's enough space before "Normal" for a few new images anyway, so the only thing that needs repointing is the pointer list to the ball and types (oh, and the POWER, PP and all that; they're bundled with the types too).

Thanks so much! Now i can totally go crazy with my game!

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Thanks for the help :D Sadly, it doesn't seem to work? Either that or I'm misunderstanding your instructions. So if my text pointer in hex says 80CE93, 93CE80 would be its offset? Then I subtract two from the hex to make 93CE7E. Then...it should work? I subtrated from both the decimal and the hex, neither worked. I guess I just failed at understanding your instructions. Is it possible that someone could help me find the offset of pointer 80CE93 just by using this method? Thanks again, though.

To anyone that cares, I've just submitted a pointer guide to Documents and Tutorials... hopefully that'll be up soon. It contains some useful information that's not so well documented, I believe, so it might open the minds to some of y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back