• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Alexial said that she had forgotten to had them. I reposted the sprites, so she wouldn't have to go dig them up.

I'll be busy today and tomorrow, but I'm going to sketch out the Psychic-type fakemon to post. Mostly because I'm too lazy to take a photo of the drawing I've already finished.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Ok cool, I thought you had forgotten. Man I haven't done any designs in a while, I wanna see if I can do one today.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Thanks for digging those up Slender! :] Totally my bad for forgetting them. I've been super busy so as soon as I miss one page, it's like.. an entire weeks worth of art gets lost. @_@; Definitely make sure that, whenever I update the first page, you guys are looking through to make sure everything you posted gets up there.

Anyway, carry on guys. I've got loads to do today, but I realized I haven't actually contributed a fakemon since like... Kittenku. ._____.; I'll be posting a new design at some point during this week, promise.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Ah I totally forgot to say this but since Fairy type official now I think it's alright if we start doing Fairy type pokemon don't you guys think?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ah I totally forgot to say this but since Fairy type official now I think it's alright if we start doing Fairy type pokemon don't you guys think?

Ahhh Beefy. This is why you're so great. <3

Guess what I just finished making?

fairy_type_marker_zpseb97b9a9.png
// Fairy

And yes, I did actually make the marker. n_n New Fairy type has now been updated to the first post! You may officially begin creaking fakemons for the Fairy type!

First post hasn't been updated like normal yet cause I'm going to go have a bowl of cereal right now.. but I did get around to resizing all the drawings that needed it.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

I'm totally going to do it! d:

Just . . . don't think like every single person over in the X and Y section. @_@; Fairies are NOT all cutesy little Tinkerbell knock-offs. The original fairies are demonic beings, way up there on the same level as demons. They can also be goblins, dwarves, whatever.

So, get a bit more creative than Tinkerbell! d;

@Alexial - We never did have that little vote-off in the three Steel-typed Eeveelution designs. d:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
i still think that fairies aren't that cutesy thing like you said, but there's no problem in adding a trickster like fairy.

I agree though that having tinkerbells everywhere isn't such a good idea :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm inclined to agree. Fairy's don't need to be cutesy, little, human-Celebi beings. I'm thinking we look towards the Fairy Egg Group (where pokemon like Breloom / Granbull / Frosslass sit) for inspiration as opposed to what convention tells us a Fairy should be.

Aw poo you're totally right. .___.; Sorry guys, I guess I dropped the ball more than I thought. Ya'll have any input on the Steel Eevee? I'm still thinking Sunny's simply because it came first, but if everyone would prefer to do an official vote I'll get all the designs together now.

Nakuzami

Years
I'm inclined to agree. Fairy's don't need to be cutesy, little, human-Celebi beings. I'm thinking we look towards the Fairy Egg Group (where pokemon like Breloom / Granbull / Frosslass sit) for inspiration as opposed to what convention tells us a Fairy should be.

Aw poo you're totally right. .___.; Sorry guys, I guess I dropped the ball more than I thought. Ya'll have any input on the Steel Eevee? I'm still thinking Sunny's simply because it came first, but if everyone would prefer to do an official vote I'll get all the designs together now.

If y'all want a good image for how far you can go for the "darker" end of a fairy, picture Satan. Picture the thing that embodies everything horrible, everything wrong in the world. Picture that creature, the cause of your paranoia, the reason you're afraid to go outside or turn the lights in your house off. If you think of that, you almost have the image of a true fairy in your head. ;3

Um, well, considering I'm completely biased because I drew one of the three designs, I'll leave that up to everyone else to decide. >.>;

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I think they called it "Fairy" because it invokes a sense of magical attributes, while the way you described "Fairy" makes it all demonic :P

But I think it's up to the artist/designer to see what a fairy-type can be, because right now I'm still thinking of fairy-types having whimsical charm, kind of like Whimsicott and Jigglypuff. They're just outright silly, in both design and nature :D

And the Steel Eevee should be chosen by popularity, because I don't really care that much that I did it first

Nakuzami

Years
I think they called it "Fairy" because it invokes a sense of magical attributes, while the way you described "Fairy" makes it all demonic :P

But I think it's up to the artist/designer to see what a fairy-type can be, because right now I'm still thinking of fairy-types having whimsical charm, kind of like Whimsicott and Jigglypuff. They're just outright silly, in both design and nature :D

And the Steel Eevee should be chosen by popularity, because I don't really care that much that I did it first

That's because I'm going by the definition of an actual fairy, lol. Besides, demonic can still be magical and fun! d:

Well, of course it is! I'm just saying that not everyone should feel restricted to "okay, it's a fairy, so let's make it pink with cutesy little wings and name it Tinkyball!"

I think I'm going to have some fun designing some fairy types. I don't know why, but I just kind of want to and feel like it, lol.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
A man to his own style then :D
And even then, your still gonna churn up some cool things, so I hope I didn't offend anyone!

Off-Topic: Who else laughed when Wii-Fit Trainer did her final smash?

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Oh that looks very well made Alexial. I'm having a hard time comprehending what makes a Fairy Type pokemon, I suppose we will get a clearer term when the game arrives.

Off Topic-

Sunfished@ I slept through both E3 and Nintendo Direct, I just wasn't well inform on the event schedules so when they started I couldn't stay awake. Still I saw the announced games later, gotta say that Smash looks great and Megaman was a better choice than Pacman. Non Nintendo games I like where, Destiny, KH3 and Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare(It looked fun and charming to me).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Love the ideas is the Cyber type gonna be official as well cus I think my designs were good and there is a lot of variety available for it!!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Jet, I think we decided to hold off on adding anymore types until we got more information. The Fairy type has been announced, let's have fun with that before we go running to the next thing, okay? We can use your designs no problem, just rebrand them as Steel / Electric / Dragon / Whatever in the meantime. Then, when we have a better scope on more types, we can consider adding a Cyber type. Besides, the other artists may have other ideas for type too! :3

Did you get around to changing your dragon so it looks less like those YGO cards?

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
Hey guys, im pretty much done with the pesudo-dragon legendary. Ill be posting pics later

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Well lol guys, it seems that the newest Fairy-Type just revealed is a tinkerbell...

So, does this give enough insight on what Fairy's are supposed to look like? Otherwise, I still think that Fairies are designed in the sense that they have "magical" powers :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I think we're all entitled to whatever interpretation of "fairy" we come up with.

You think they're demons, draw a demon. You think they're pixies, draw a pixie. You think they're something else?! Draw it. Personally, I think all ideas have potential. The thing is, nothing on the main page is the be-all-end-all. If you decide 6 months down the road that, wow, that [insert fakemon] sucks now, you can redraw it! :) So Sunny, draw whatever you want. And if we go back later and decide it could be enhanced to fit a "better" definition of Fairy-Type as per Game Freak's opinions, so be it.

I trust you guys and your artistic intuition. There's no reason we can't showcase all the different facets of a "fairy" as we understand it.

-Oops

um no
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
8xi22Ot.png

Let me tell you how much I hate colouringgggg ugh

Anyway,
Name : ???
Type : Normal
Classification : The Transport Pokemon
This Pokemon is mainly used for transport. Not as in human transport but to deliver curtain things to people e.g. letters, items etc.

Back