• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pika Storm

learning to script
Years
you all are spaming about why you should not spam. why don't we have a real topic for once. Here's an idea: will you start the game with the national dex, or the kanto dex and upgrade as you go along. If you start with the kanto dex, there will be alot of pokemon that you will catch that will not be registered before you get to jhoto

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
... thats actually a good question. I'd have to go with working up ..

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
yeah, but when you move to Johto, Elm would update your Pokedex. Thats how I would do it, but CA can do what ever he wants.

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
Years
Wow, got quiet all of a sudden.
*Random cricket chirping, wind wooshing, and tumble weeds*
Anwayz, here's another infamous scatter-brained question;

Like I said earlier, I've been flipping through the anime over the last few days, and I found another curious feature I think would be interesting. Even if it would kind of defeat the purpose of running around snatching up Gym Badges, and hence, kind of ruin (For some people) a huge chunk of the game...

In the first season, there's a Pokemon League Training Facility-type-doodad that offered a cure-all Badge that allowed trainers to enter the League Tournament without the need for the other eight. The only requirement to get the Badge was to complete and pass a series of tests and battles to prove you were up to snuff and bad-ass enough to enter.

My question is basically; do you think (Again, because the game is based off the anime more than anything else) this system will be apart of the game? Or, if it isn't going to be, what would you think if it was?

Now obviously, if this system was used, it wouldn't be all that hard to just flip through a few pages of Joe-shmoe facts on the net and come up with the right answer to the questions, but I think if C.A were to make the battle aspect harder than it is in the show, and if he made the system a one time deal (IE, you either grab a yatzee on the first shot, or you fail and can't retake the tests) it might work.

Then again, it might not. <3

Just asking for opinions.

Years
@ Koybito's last two posts:

I'm not too sure if the Pokemon you listed will have such a major role. It's true they play a large part in the anime, but that is mainly centered around Ash. Then again, it would be difficult to base on the anime which is based on Ash story without doing the same things Ash does. I guess Arcane has a sollution though ;) But I dunno, it would at least be nice to see them make a cameo in a sidequest or something.

About the "Pokemon League Training Facility-type-doodad" (to quote your ever so fine phrasing xD)... I don't think it would be a good idea to incorporate it exactly as it is in the anime, because, like you said, it would prove getting the eight badges superfluous. I think that would take the ballance out of the game. But maybe Arcane is able to put something similar in, just as some sort of extra challenge.

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
Years
@ Koybito's last two posts:

I'm not too sure if the Pokemon you listed will have such a major role. It's true they play a large part in the anime, but that is mainly centered around Ash. Then again, it would be difficult to base on the anime which is based on Ash story without doing the same things Ash does. I guess Arcane has a sollution though ;) But I dunno, it would at least be nice to see them make a cameo in a sidequest or something.

About the "Pokemon League Training Facility-type-doodad" (to quote your ever so fine phrasing xD)... I don't think it would be a good idea to incorporate it exactly as it is in the anime, because, like you said, it would prove getting the eight badges superfluous. I think that would take the ballance out of the game. But maybe Arcane is able to put something similar in, just as some sort of extra challenge.

*Sick, someone finally noticed my knack for nincompoopery and not-so-poetic license. Yay! <3*

And I see you're point, about how it will probably be more than a little difficult for Captain to truly get the anime feel without being able to purely base the game off of it. But like you said, I'm sure with his gut-busting amount of will and almost unhealthy amount of vision (Yes, I'm going a tad overboard with the analogies, but hey, it's my day off and I'm feeling feisty!) he'll be able to pull it off. ;)

And again, (Wow, good job kyuu-chan, two agreements from me in one post, you rock. Lol.) I agree with you about how the "Pokemon League Training Facility-type-doodad" would throw the balance off the game. But your idea of possibly converting it into a type of extra thrill and chill side quest for those of us mad enough to take crack at it is pretty promising I think. *Nod nod*

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
I think if that were to be done, it would begin to copy the anime to the point where the very basics of a Pokemon game are falling away.

For example, I don't expect, nor want any "brave deeds" to win Badges, only pure power in battling :P

~Mooshykris

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
Years
i think if he was to iclude that in the game he would have to adapt that to make it more realistic to the game, you,d have to like defeat 5 lvl 80+ pokemon to be good enough to defeat the pokemon in the league.

whch brings me to the first real idea ive had
in the anime the pokemon league dosent consist of 5 people in consistant battles does it
i rekon they sould incorporate this idea into the game
the pokemon league should be held online every week and the people online that have all 8 badges can enter, then they battle each other in the same style as on the anime and the winner.. well u no wat happens to the winner.
and in the orange league just have a six on six pokemon battle against the leader of the orange crew.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
That one still bothers me, as I want the Elite Four :<

I think a tournament is okay, but you still need good old Elite 4 and champion which is all about all out battling. That is another of the basics to the game formula.

~Mooshykris

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
Maybe it should be like the anime, if you win the tournament you have a choice whether to face the elite 4 or not and if you don't, you're still the champion.

Pika Storm

learning to script
Years
It has already been said that for the elite 4, it will be kind of like both. you will be in a real tournament, if you can get through it, you can challenge the elite 4, but they will not be able to be taken down with relitively weak pokemon, they will be hard, if you become the champion, you will be rewarded. in terms of the on/off line options, you can challenge this at any time offline and will battle simulated trainers, but when online, it will hopefully be once a week (C.A.'s own words) and you will bettle real people playing this game.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
I like the idea that the Elite 4 will be hard, cause they so weak in d/p that it's really ridiculous.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
i think if he was to iclude that in the game he would have to adapt that to make it more realistic to the game, you,d have to like defeat 5 lvl 80+ pokemon to be good enough to defeat the pokemon in the league.

whch brings me to the first real idea ive had
in the anime the pokemon league dosent consist of 5 people in consistant battles does it
i rekon they sould incorporate this idea into the game
the pokemon league should be held online every week and the people online that have all 8 badges can enter, then they battle each other in the same style as on the anime and the winner.. well u no wat happens to the winner.
and in the orange league just have a six on six pokemon battle against the leader of the orange crew.

It depends what you mean, the Conferences do, but Ash has never taken on the E4, so who knows? Nintendo.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
no what i mean is the pokemon leage in the games is the elite 4 but the pokemon leage on the anime is the tournament style thing

We don't know that, the E4 have never had an official battle with anyone in the anime.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
We don't know that, the E4 have never had an official battle with anyone in the anime.

yeah they did. in one of the episodes where ash was back in pallet town, he and brock watched a recording of an elite four fight where bruno fought. later in the episode, they helped him catch an onix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back