• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
Ultimate Fighting Monotype Challenge HeartGold Update #5 (FINAL)

Badges: 16

-Beat the remainder of the Gym Leaders without any major issue. Everyone got to see some action on the Blue fight, so that was fun
-Did the whole Gym Leader rematch thing for some extra XP (at least until I got bored with it)
-Gathered my army of 5 Pickup Aipoms then grinded/Rare Candied everyone up to 75 (which took QUITE A LONG TIME)
-Took on Red. It wasn't the most graceful of fights, but it did indeed get done

Videos:
Spoiler:

(Full Playlist)

Red Fight:

An ugly win, but still a win. Plus the music syncs up perfectly with the end of the credits, which is fun.

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Hello People to my Grass Mono on Pokemon White. It's a little bit boring at first but keep on.

Going through Striaton City was pretty easily and before Cheren Grassalisk was level 13 and i was pretty confident.

I WAS WRONG.

Taking out Tepig was a pain even with the 2 level overage. When the battle began I started off with a Growth. Bad Idea, He went straight for the Ember and scored a crit. hit on me leaving me at 3 hp. After taking a turn of healing and being hit by ember to about 3/4 health it was a few turns of healing and growing. Finally about my attack wouldn't go any higher i vine whipped. 1HKOing Tepig and after that his Purrloin came up and uses Assist. Guess what he gets Ember, are you kidding me ?!?!?!?!, Grasalisk having 4Hp and me having no more potions. I hoped until i couldn't hope no more that i could out speed it. I did and another one-hit. Thinking this was teaching myself a lesson i was going to train HARD before going to face the Hot-Headed Leader Chili.

Well this was my first part of my Mono. If you have any suggestions on how i can make this better just tell me. I would be glad to improve.

Wish me Luck,

Seaborg

My Team

Grasalisk (Snivy )
Lv.14/ Naughty/ Feamle​

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Ultimate Ice Update 3: Emerald 8/8

Like last time, this will be colorful post. :)
I didn't detail the E4 battles because they were really difficult, thus making them long battles.
Again, Blue are my moves, and Red are my opponents' moves.

Spoiler:

Rqy91hL.png
xqcR11p.png

I just started Soul Silver, so expect an update soon. :)

Years
Username: thewafflmaster
Type: Bug
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FR, HG, E, D, B

Actually, I already started a bug type playthrough on Black so I'll actually be doing that. I'm on the Elite Four but I need to grind a lot before I can beat them.

My Team:
Spoiler:

As you can see I need some SERIOUS grinding before I can beat the Elite Four, I think one of the biggest threats is a Chandelure the Ghost lady has I can't remember her name. I was thinking of getting a Durant at the last minute but I think I'll stick with five.

Last edited:
Years
Hello! I'll be participating in this fine challange today :D

Username: Leonmachar
Type: Water
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Leaf green , Heart gold , Emerald , Platinum , Black

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
Type: Flying
Game: Platinum
Badges: 8

Fast forward. Candice's gym was more or less easy enough, as far as I remember. Volkner was a piece of cake, thanks to Gliscor. In Sunyshore City, I caught my sixth and final team member, Mantyke. I grinded a bit, evolved the little guy, and then I grinded a little more. We just made it through Victory Road, and here's my team at this point:

EDIT: Challenge completed!

Aaron was easy enough, Gliscor and Staraptor plowed through his team with ease. Bertha was a more or less clean Mantine sweep, once we'd gotten Whiscash out of the way. Flint was a pushover to Gliscor and Staraptor. Lucian was trouble. Eventually, though, with the help of Drifblim and some risky moves on Honchkrow's part and even Gliscor, we pulled through.

Cynthia was tough. Really tough. Everyone except Honchkrow played a part in this match, really. Mantine got insanely lucky with an Ice Beam that didn't quite OHKO Garchomp, but left it frozen. Vespiquen walled Milotic to perfection, and Staraptor proved the ever-useful powerhouse as always.

And here's my final team:

Spoiler:

This was a great challenge, and I hadn't played Platinum in a long time, so it was fun to re-visit Sinnoh! I'm not sure yet what my next challenge will be. I think I might continue my Bug UMC next, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Sindrie

Eevee breeder and caretaker
Years
Well in my attempts to get haunter to evolve into Gengar by hacking I somehow bugged out my game :/ so I'm going to have to start over. (for whatever reason whenever I use an item outside of combat the game crashes) Sigh...

So after taking a break from the game for a few days I have decided on a poison type run.

Sindrie
Poison
Soul Silver
Single challange

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2018
Dark Run Update
I have progressed to the point before the fight with Black Kyurem and Ghetsis

Team:
571.gif

Zoroark
Lv. 51
197.gif

Umbreon
Lv. 50
630.gif

Mandibuzz
Lv. 50
553.gif

Krookodile
Lv. 50
215f.gif

Sneasel
Lv. 44
452.gif

Drapion
Lv. 43

Dragon Run Update
I was unable to locate a evolution editor for Crystal, so I have to go with Gold instead

-chose Chikorita
-defeated Falkner
-defeated Bugsy
-obtained a Dratini from the Goldenrod Game Corner

Team:
Spr_2g_147.png

Dratini
Lv. 13

Sindrie

Years
Monotype Poison Update: 1

- I headed to Dark cave avoiding what traders I could.
- Caught a Zubat LVL 5 to use as my main, Stored my cyndaquil in the PC.
- grinded to lvl 9 in the grass till I got astonish and then challenged the two bug catchers and used astonish to take them out.
- I then went to the route 32 and caught a Ekans LVL 4.
- I grinded Ekans to level 6
- Headed to sprout tower and cleared that out using both Ekans and Zubat got Zubat to lvl 10 and Ekans LVL 8
- Cleared Gym of trainers then grinded Zubat to lvl 13 in order to get bite.
- Challenged Falkner and used Ekans to take out pidgey then sent Zubat at pidgeotto used a mix of Confusion and biting to drag his HP down it was a LONG battle I used like 7 potions but finally I won. (oddly he never used his potion even though I had him down to like 5 Hp multiple times instead only used roost)
-Cleared out route 32.

Team
Spr_4h_041_f.png

Zubat
Level: 15 | Female | Timid | Inner Focus
Supersonic| Astonish | Roost | Bite
Notes: I plan to use her as My speedy attacker not so much a sweeper but a fast attack/raiding build using confusion and flinching attacks to hit first and disrupt with confusion.
(also quite possibly the cutest pokemon ever designed :3)

Spr_4h_023.png

Ekans
Level: 11 | Female | Lonely| Shed Skin
Wrap | Leer | Bite | Poison Sting
Notes: Ekans/Arbok is not the best pokemon ever but I will most likely make her an attacker and specialize in attack and poison moves.​

P.s Can anyone tell me how to do spoilers? I would do it but I don't know how to do it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2015
Pokemon Heartgold Mono-Water Update #1
So I named my character Misty, and did all of that beginning get the Pokedex shenanigans, and went to Cherrygrove and fought my rival, by just using scratch, and after that I named him ???, to make it a mystery. So then I went back to Violet City, caught Jules the Wooper, and went to Bellsprout tower. Man those Bellsprout were so weak, their Vine whip only did at the minimum 2 damage to me, and after that I battled Falkner by just using water gun with Jules the Wooper and Ferale the Totodile.
Team: Ferale the Totodile (F) Jules the Wooper (F).
P.s I have attached the hall of fame pic for Firered.

Last edited:

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
Takin' Ze Challenge!

Username: ZYLAS
Type: Lightning
Challenge: Single (don't have any of the other games besides Black 2 and I'm NOT restarting that one lol)
Game: Platinum

Years
So I finished my Bug monotype in Pokemon Black...

My team before taking on the Elite Four:

Spoiler:

Yeah, my levels are really uneven but Volcarona is just too easy. The only person who has any pokemon with fire resists are the Shauntal and she's the easiest to set up on (Cofagrigus cannot hurt Volcarona, especially with the special defense buff from Quiver Dance).

Spoiler:

So now I have to pick the next game. I'll probably go with Emerald, I've always liked third gen the most. I'll think about it.

Years
Hello I'm here to update on my ultimate water monotype run (curently on Leafgreen)
Spoiler:

My team
Spoiler:

3/8 Badges

DKgopackgo

Sub on YT! DKgopackgaming! :)
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2013
Update:
Crystal - Beat the Johto Champion (Lance) with this team:
Feraligatr
Gyarados
Poliwhirl
Kingdra
Slowking

Now I have to face the Kanto portion of the game.

I'm going to do Sapphire and the Kanto portion at the same time, just because it seems like it'd be pretty time efficient.

So now I'm starting Sapphire!

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Challenge
Spoiler:

Badges
50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png
50px-Thunder_Badge.png
50px-Rainbow_Badge.png
vs
105.gif
Spoiler:
Current Team
Spoiler:

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
I'm in.

Username: Hime
Single or Ultimate: Single
Game(s): Platinum / FireRed
Monotype:
PoisonIC_Big.png
/
FireIC_Big.png

Team: Crobat, Toxicroak, Seviper, Swalot / Charizard, Ninetales, Arcanine, Flareon.

Last edited:

Sindrie

Years
Monotype Poison Update: 2
(Big update)

- Caught Tentacool with an old rod.
- I cleared out union cave and then slowpoke cave.
- Beat Silver on my way to Ilex forest.
- Cleared out the Gym.
- Challenged bugsy I beat him rather easily using my zubat with Wing Attack after finishing off scyther I switched to ekans and had her bite kakuna and metapod to death.
- Went through Ilex forest and to Goldenrod city and then went north.
- Caught a Nidoran (female).
- Cleared out all the nearby trainers. (national park/routes/tunnel)
- Cleared Goldenrod Gym and challenged whitney and beat her single handedly with nidorina using poison and double kick.
- Beat the snot out of sudowoodo.
- caught Nidoran (Male).
- Ventured north to the Burned tower and beat my rival.
- Caught Koffing.
- Grinded Nidoran (male) to lvl 16 in the burned tower.
- Saved.

Badges 3/16

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
I'm in!

Username: Z
Single or Ultimate: Ultimate
Game(s): FireRed, SoulSilver, Sapphire, Diamond, Black
Monotype: Poison
Team: TBA. I will post in my updates.

Starting on Soulsilver.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Le first update for mah Water type challenge!

- Started game. My name is Zohan. (lolobscuremoviereference) Rival's name is Phantom. (lolreferenceagain)

- After Bianca's endless lecture, picked Tepig Snivy Oshawott as a starter. Nickname: Parivir.

- Went to the ranch and caught Psyduck. Nickname: Penance. (lolRPreferencewhichNecrumwillunderstand)

- Could have caught Azurill, but decided that it was way too weak and would take far too long to evolve. Just not that patient.

- Beat the holy crap out of Cheren.

- Grinded Parivir and Penance on Audinos after they became available.

- Beat the holy crap out of Roxie.

- Went to New York Castelia. After some nonsense with le Plasmas, went to the gym.

- Parivir evolves into ME GUSTA Dewott.

- My Water guys were paired up badly against the Leavanny family, but Parivir managed to beat Bugsy's (or whatever his name is. Bob? Declan?) Leavanny with a critical hit Fury Cutter.

- Currently in Nimbasa, dreading my terrible match against the Electric type gym.

Sindrie

Years
Monotype Poison Update: 3
(Biggish update/A lot of evolutions)

- Cleared out Morty's Gym (Ekans evolved) and then Challenged Morty
- I Literally cleared out this gym using only Golbat/arbok just using bite/Crunch
- Ventured down to the ruins of Alph and used flash and surf to get to a secret room and get a Moonstone.
- used said moon stone to evolve Nidorina into Nidoqueen.
- cleared my way to olivine city and cleared out the light house
- Got a moonstone from mom and evolved Nidorino into Nidoking
- Surfed to Cianwood.
- Cleared out the gym on the last trainer my Golbat evolved into a Crobat :3
- Beat the Fighting Gym using only crobat with Wing attack without taking a single hit.
- headed to Olivine to battle the Steel Gym leader

Badges 5/16

Spoiler:

So it says we can trade in a pokemon if it's a version exclusive so does that mean like in soul silver one could trade in a spinarak/sandshrew/growlithe?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back