• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] [T] Dusk Til Dawn: An Orre Story

What's your preferred method for Colosseum Battles?

• Bunnying the Colosseum yourself

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Working with the GM on the Lord battles

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Some other option

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Coldweather

A special snowflake.
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 21, 2017

Name:

Shane Rogers

Male

Home Town:

Castelia City, Unova

Appearance:

Shane is a tall young man and keeps in peak physical condition through his exercise regiments, in which he encourages his Pokemon by training and working out alongside them. He has steely blue eyes and ferrous scraggly hair.

Shane prefers simple clothing that allow easy movement, as his training demands easy and fluid moment. Athletic, moisture retaining clothes are his preference. When not training, he wears a highly woven and fitting black turtleneck to keep him from injuring himself in a motorcycle accident. He wears an old pair of white jeans that he has had since he was a teenager, that are now brown with all of the dust and punishment they have been subjected to. He also wears black boots with steel toes; perfect for kicking things. Lastly, over all of this, when riding in the desert, he wears a burgundy duster that he bought when he first arrived in Orre.

Young Shane
young_shane.png

His snag machine is a custom built, but he is not sure by who. In the first month that he spent in Orre, he encountered an Ex Team Snagem member who had just stolen a stranger's Eevee. Angered, he over-confidently challenged the man to a bet, wagering his own Pokemon against the Snag Machine. In his youth he thought himself invincible, and did not consider the consequences. Shane lost the battle, and his whole team with it.

Distraught, Shane gave up training and drowned himself in booze and vice. Much time passed, nearly a year, and all that Shane had accomplished was blowing almost all of his money and losing his fire for heroics.

He found himself often at the Outskirt Stand outside of Station Town, watching the comings and goings of the city from a window. One day after all that time had passed, the very same Team Snagem member that stole his Pokemon entered the diner. Shane had physically aged significantly, to the point where he was unrecognizable. He sat in his booth, watching the man intently. The Snagem member was only there to visit with a friend at the counter. He sat down, then almost as soon as he came in, he got up to leave. On his way out, he made eye contact with Shane. They locked eyes, and Shane, unintimated, glared back with immeasurable hate. The man, startled, backed away slowly, then quickly walked out.

Shane left some change on the table, and started after him. He followed the man into town, ducking out of sight or blending into crowds whenever the man looked his way. Shane sensed that the man was aware he was being followed, but couldn't pinpoint who or what was following him. He seemed nervous.

Eventually, the man entered a small apartment building. Shane stood on the opposite side of the street in the shade of an awning. He watched the building intently, and saw a light on the third floor go on. Shane laid in wait for several hours, standing incognito in the shade. As the sun set, he made a plan.

When night finally came, Shane entered the building and creeped up to the third floor. He found the man's room, and pressed up against the door, listening. Running water!

While the man was showering, Shane kicked at the door with all his strength. The door swung open, the handle smashing into and denting the opposite wall. Shane heard a thud, then a wallow coming from the bathroom. Lying on the bed, next to the man's clothes, was a Snag Machine and a single Pokeball.

Shane quickly equipped the machine while the Snagem was fumbling in the bathroom. Using the machine, he grabbed the Pokeball and took it for himself. Immediately, the man fell out the bathroom doorway dressed in only a towel, and struggled to his feet.

"Who are YOU!?" the man screamed.

"You ruined my life." Shane responded, restraining himself.

He tossed the Pokeball, hoping to see one of his old companions. Instead, the stranger's Eevee emerged.

"A year ago I made a bet with you and lost. Now I'm taking the odds into my own hands." said Shane.

The Eevee growled at the man, obviously resenting him for mistreatment.

"I can't defend myself, this is not fair." said the man.

"Life's not fair." responded Shane.

"Fine. I sold them to the import shops. They could be anywhere." he conceded. "Now get out of my apartment, I'm calling the police!"

Frustrated with the criminal, but relieved to have a lead, Shane withdrew the Eevee. He stormed out of the apartment, shoving the man out of his way. Shane bounded out of the building, and ran as fast as he could back to the Outskirt Stand, and to his motorcycle.

Modern Shane
snag_machine_edit_dusty.png

Personality:

Shane, throughout his entire life, has always loved Pokemon. He tells people that is his most significant characteristic. Even despite his recent struggles he still keeps to that same belief. His struggles have, however, changed many other things about him. As a young man, he was very excitable and happy. Life was an adventure and Shane was thrilled to be able to have the opportunity to travel the world and share experiences with his Pokemon. He felt invincible. Now, he is a cynic and often struggles with how he feels about the world. Ruthless, inconsiderate, and stubborn. He reaches for that feeling of elation, thrill, and excitement that he had before, but never can achieve, as his heart is seemingly permanently darkened in his regret of his own mistakes.

Brief History:

Shane grew up in Castelia City, Unova. He spent his younger years with his parents, and when he came of age, became an amateur Pokemon trainer. He never amounted to much there, as the competition was rather steep. He was terrible at battling but he did, however, have a knack for training. When he turned 18, he left Castelia to travel the world and meet new people and Pokemon. He spent time in Hoenn, dabbling in contests, and even a short bout of trying against the gyms in Kanto and Johto. He never amounted to much, but always had a lot of fun trying.

Pokemon:

Species: Eevee
Nickname: Ashton
Moveset: Sand Attack, Quick Attack, Bite, Endure
Pokémon's appearance: Ashton is a standard Eevee, but has very cold and angry eyes.

Roleplay Sample: Don't have much on this forum to show for myself, but I'm hoping that the bio will speak for itself :)

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Great!

I will start mine up today - I'll be taking on Lilla.

I'm assuming that we decide what the second team member is?

The second pokemon is actually their shadow pokemon, and hidden until the mission is selected. I'm sending you a PM with your selection.

PastelPhoenix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Okay, so it has been a little bit since we started, and people are getting close to nabbing their first shadow Pokemon, so I think this a good time to explain some more (again).

The Shadow Pokemon Rules (extended)

Okay, so in case you aren't fully aware of what a shadow Pokemon entails (maybe you didn't play Colosseum/XD), a Shadow Pokemon appears similar in every way to a normal Pokemon, but they've been the victim of experimentation and abuse that has lead to the "door to their heart" being closed. What does that mean? A shadow pokemon is quick to violence and not in touch with their own emotions any more. They do not trust other Pokemon or humans, but will follow all their trainer's orders. They can be pulled out of this shadow state, but they can only be "Purified" with special tools (the cleanser) and it takes time and care to build trust with a Shadow Pokemon and get the to the point where they will even accept Purification.

Purification, above all, takes time. You won't be able to purify a Pokemon as soon as you catch it. While I do leave this up to you to decide when the Pokemon is ready, just know it would be a few routes/towns/missions before they are really ready. Although, it is said in Orre that some items can speed along the purification process.

Now, Shadow Pokemon, more than just their attitude, have some special rules associated with them. The first one is probably the most unique thing for a Shadow Pokemon, the Shadow Moves.

Shadow Pokemon do not have normal movesets. When you first receive them they will only have One or Two moves specific to Shadow Pokemon, Shadow Moves. These moves block the first 1 or 2 moveslots (depending on how many you give them) until they are purified. The other 2-3 moveslots are unusable when you first obtain them, a Shadow Pokemon with 0 trust can only use Shadow Moves. As you get them to trust you, the other slots will be unblocked (at roughly 25, 50, and 75% of the way to purification) and fill in with normal moves (and go ahead and tell me the moveset when you catch them, even if the other moves are still locked). When a Pokemon is fully purified, the Shadow Moves disappear and get replaced with moves that a Pokemon may not naturally learn (in this case a TM or Egg move).

A full list of Shadow Moves is located here. Shadow Rush can be either the Colosseum or XD version.

(Shadow Half is a little too strong for an RP, so it is the only banned one)

Now, while shadow moves are powerful in some cases, they do carry a consequence by making a Pokemon potentially go into Hyper Mode.

Hyper Mode is a state in which the Pokemon gets overwhelmed with emotion, blurring the line between friend and foe. A pokemon in hyper mode views everything around it as a threat, and con potentially target an allied pokemon, or even it's trainer. Hyper mode can be ended by calling out the Pokemon's name and reassuring it, and with certain incenses.

Another odd thing about Shadow Pokemon is that their growth is stunted. Shadow Pokemon will not learn new moves or evolve until they are purified, but get all experience they would normally have gotten during Shadow mode after purification. A Pokemon evolving just after being purified is not uncommon.

For this first one, and the sake of making move sets, assume the Pokemon are roughly level 18. I'll give level in the other posts with Shadow Pokemon also.

PastelPhoenix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Mo' Routes, Mo' Problems

So, we've changed routes. Currently 5 players were done with the previous one, so I pushed it forward rather than stalling any longer. You can always still finish the previous route if you haven't already, and then join us on the new route.

So, let's go over some new features!

Our first Pokéspot! You are free to catch something from here. They're a little weak at base level and a little similar in function, but they're free!

Import Shops! These are selling Pokemon that are a little rarer in Orre. You can buy and catch a pokemon from this (the back room has a little battle arena), but once more, it costs.

But don't worry about being dead broke. There are two missions with cash rewards up right now, but for those previous missions you get a cut of the reward for saving the city. 5000 to be exact. Right now there are only two pokemon outside of that range, but there are more shops out there.

Rewards are hidden, and this is on purpose. You might be able to guess what a lot of this is rewards wise, but same deal with the Shadow Pokemon, claim the mission and I'll IM you. (or yell at me first).

Also, if you've looked at the map, Phenac has a colosseum that isn't listed here. I didn't forget, I just didn't include it since the story mission is already underway. Expect the Colosseum to go up in the next few days.

Also, story missions. You don't have to claim this, just free post on it all you want. Beat the judge and get the chess piece that counts as your ticket.

Just for prosperity sake, holding the chess piece ( shaped like a pawniard) by the bottom, with the finger clearly on the bottom of the screen will cause it to pop open, revealing a cable for your characters PDA. The event listed is still a few days away, and the map guides you to an apparent facility under Realgam Tower.

Lastly, side plots are a thing. They lead to other related mission and have large rewards at the end, even if the immediate reward isn't that good. You can only follow up one at a time, but you can abandon yours if you really want to...

Once more, have fun.

Years
I think I'll go Trainwatching for now. I need some cash, man :-\

Also, I caught the Shadow Ivysaur and Flareon learned Bite as per my last IC post, so I'll update the Etherpad.

PastelPhoenix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
The NPC Gallery
This section is to make a profile for any characters you think would be important to your character or the story, but is not your main character. These are reoccurring characters, so don't worry about making one for every NPC you'd interact with, only the ones you think would be impact.

Example of one of mine below, for use in Ryu's story:

Snagem Ranger Bruin

7KtdbgZ.png

Bio: Police reports indicate she has little in the way of criminal activity before joining up with the Snagem Rangers. Her demeanor is often sleepy or uninterested, but she seems to be capable in battle when she needs to be, especially in relation to something that catcher her interest. She has no prior affiliations asides from the Rangers herself, although her family appears to have previous criminal connections. Further investigation is needed to confirm or deny any basis to other connections.

Known Team:
507.png

Species: Herdier
Name: Hermes
Moves:
Take Down
Bite
Leer
Fire Fang

Back